Sponsored by:

Dealer says "DEAL WITH IT" re: PP omission! HUGE RANT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Dealer says "DEAL WITH IT" re: PP omission! HUGE RANT

So my first effort was to ask my dealer to drop the PP cost for their screw up, they say they will try to do so, yet come back and say they can't. I say, "OK, I'm a fair guy, I'll pay for the LSD, but I'm not paying for the speed limiter increase". They say they will check. They come back and say "NO - Accept the credit and car, Order a new car, or take your deposit back". They say they can't do anything more, yet we have all seen under posters say they have bought their car under MSRP and others where their dealers have waived the speed limiter increase.

I WANT THIS CAR and it is only days away from arriving. $1,250 is nothing in the whole scheme of things, but I'm a man of principal though, and I am not going to let them win this one. I will find a place where I can order a Mars Red car from another dealer or I'll buy something else. I needed the car ASAP, but I'll change plans...

THIS PISSES ME OFF SO BAD. I can't believe a MB/dealer is willing to screw a buyer this poorly. I'm willing to pay MSRP on a $65k car, I give them a $5k deposit, wait 5 months, they screw up, and then offer unfair an credit and draw a line in the sand when I propose something fair. I am going to let all of my 50 employees know, everyone at my church, everyone at my golf club, etc.

Last edited by OverBudget; 08-09-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
They didn't screw up (at least on the PP package). Not the dealer's fault. And while it's stupid to loose a customer over $1250 they can probably sell it at full MSRP to someone if the car is demand in your area.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:52 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Yes, the dealer didn't screw up, MBUSA did. I have put in a formal complaint at MBUSA, but don't have any official response from them yet.

My point is that the dealer is making $6k to $10k (probably) on the car (between invoice and MSRP), and given that I am willing to buy this car, they would be better served by waiving the meager $1,250 to show how they provide customer service. By doing so, they would most likely have earned business long term from this customer...
Old 08-09-2008, 02:50 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Stick to your guns brother. There's an *** for every seat, and yours will find one soon enough!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:24 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
All dealer got some ****ty person, well maybe all of the company...I almost cancel my car when the Finance manager LITERALLY walked away in front of my face, when I am still thinking about the monetary issue. He gave me the "you dont have the money" look (I dont know what other words will be more proper, sorry guys), turned his back and walk away with saying "Keep thinking and let me know when you are ready".

What you guys think? Is that a jerk or what?!

Luckily my sales person was EXTREMELY nice, and she is the one who actually made my decission to get the car, and also she gave me another BETTER Finance manager...I also told everyone about this! This is what they get, when they mistreated a customer...

Any way, even though I almost cancel it, it's still WORTH ALL OF THE TROUBLE I've been trhough....So, my suggestion, GET THE CAR

and let the Exahust note help you forgeting the trouble you've been through

Also, I believe they got a USED one on MB of Seattle (Phill Smart Inc.)

All the best
Old 08-09-2008, 04:28 AM

IS350. Next: C63
For some reason I always find jerks at MB dealerships. BMW/Lexus? None that I can recall of. Times have changed though, it seems like they need us more nowadays.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:49 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
^^^ Hey, Hartawan Are you Indo by any chance? Because in my Language Hartawan = Billionaire

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2008, 08:33 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Sorry to hear your bad news. The bottom line to me is this, If you are paying full list and the dealer / MBUSA will not remove the charge of the bogus speed de-limit, then you have to walk. What you are asking is more than fair. The dealer and the manufacture still makes money.

Now the question is go to another dealer or get a different brand of car. For what its worth, my dealer has a Black on Black 09' (no PP) car as of last Thursday.

Even thou problem was not your dealers fault, they are being greedy and non understanding IMO.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:06 AM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
I agree, I would pull my deposit and walk away... At this point they might be playing games, I'm willing to bet the dealer will wait a day or two then call you for a final deal, of cause that would be after you ask for the deposit back. You're the customer, if the agreement changed on the 11th hour, I would have been all over them like fly's on SH>>>>T.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM

06 BMW M roadster
Originally Posted by Hartawan
For some reason I always find jerks at MB dealerships. BMW/Lexus? None that I can recall of. Times have changed though, it seems like they need us more nowadays.
There are jerks everywhere unfortunately. Two weeks ago I referred a friend of mine to a salesman I know at BMW since he wanted a new M3. The finance guy pissed him off to the point of almost cancelling the deal. The sales manager had to get involved to make it happen...
Old 08-09-2008, 09:54 AM

DO NOT make a hastey choice while stresed out.

I had a really crapy dealer in Richmond screw me around. They always have used AMG's but their prices are sky high.

47,000 for a striped down 2004 E55 with 47K miles????? I tried to get them to budge but they would not. The little bald headed sales manger sat down acted like a jerk and I walked off. According to Autotrader is is still for sale and I had my blowout in March.... The car has been on the lot since January

Moral of the story: Relax, sleep on it, and go with your instincts. You do not want to regret anything! Wait a little longer and get the full PP package.... you will be more satisfied.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Hmmm.... they seem to think they can find someone who will pay $1250 for the delimiter. Or maybe they want it for test drives/demo.

Remind them the car is RED, not an easy sell. Give them your final offer, that you're willing to pay the moment the car arrives (so they will avoid flooring charges) and if they don't bite, walk and get one somewhere else.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:14 PM

IS350. Next: C63
Originally Posted by B.E.R.U.A.N.G
^^^ Hey, Hartawan Are you Indo by any chance? Because in my Language Hartawan = Billionaire
In my language BERUANG = Bear
Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Hmmm.... they seem to think they can find someone who will pay $1250 for the delimiter. Or maybe they want it for test drives/demo.

Remind them the car is RED, not an easy sell. Give them your final offer, that you're willing to pay the moment the car arrives (so they will avoid flooring charges) and if they don't bite, walk and get one somewhere else.
Agreed. Once it hits the floor it would serve them best to sell ASAP. I would do what GG did and just reorder another one. This way, you will not have to second guess your decision in the future. Just my .02.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:50 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by Hartawan
In my language BERUANG = Bear
Old 08-09-2008, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Sorry to hear about an unreasonable dealer.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:35 PM

2009 C63 AMG
After several days, I am still torn... I talked to another dealer's sales manager who gave me the straight scoop. The factory/MBUSA won't reimburse the dealers more than the memo they put out, so it's up to the individual dealer in how they want to deal with the customer. He did say that while some dealers may be selling under MSRP, others are charging an additional markup. On one side, the LSD is the only option I really wanted and I was going to have to pay $3,990 for it. Now it's $1,540 less. On the other side, they screwed up and are trying to ream me as part of their mistake.

There are no other Mars Red cars with performance package being built, so I would have to order a new one, wait another 2 months, and then pay $1,540 more for options I don't necessarily want... I've been researching M5's, Used CLS63's and E63's, but I'm still struggling...
Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Lightbulb Are you locked into a Red Car?

Originally Posted by OverBudget
After several days, I am still torn... I talked to another dealer's sales manager who gave me the straight scoop. The factory/MBUSA won't reimburse the dealers more than the memo they put out, so it's up to the individual dealer in how they want to deal with the customer. He did say that while some dealers may be selling under MSRP, others are charging an additional markup. On one side, the LSD is the only option I really wanted and I was going to have to pay $3,990 for it. Now it's $1,540 less. On the other side, they screwed up and are trying to ream me as part of their mistake.

There are no other Mars Red cars with performance package being built, so I would have to order a new one, wait another 2 months, and then pay $1,540 more for options I don't necessarily want... I've been researching M5's, Used CLS63's and E63's, but I'm still struggling...
More than once something has occured in my past dealings with dealers. I usually ended up with a different color at a different dealer and was extremely happy the way it worked out. I have a White with black interior C63 on order if your interested. The Manufacture date is 8/27. Yu may still be able to change the color and order the PP package too. I'll call my salesman and send you a PM. Don't give in to these arrogant jerks.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Overbudget, I'm in OR and would like to know the Dealer you went to. Please PM me with the info, I agree with you and can't stand these "tough" dealerships!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:17 PM

C63 / ////AMG
I would just tell the dealer goodbye, and take my business elsewhere.

If you end up buying something you don't really want, or missing the options you so patiently waited for, you may end up resenting your purchase.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
move on

time to place another order elsewhere.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
And fwiw - the dealer makes $8,000 on the car when sold at MSRP without a PP. My rep looked it up.

I agree with the peeps above - hold to your line. But, be prepared to be disappointed as they will be able to sell the car to someone else even with the deficiency. In fact, they may get lucky and sell for the full MSRP including full PP price, then pocket the credit for an added benefit - if they find someone who doesn't know better.

P
Old 08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I can't believe a MB/dealer is willing to screw a buyer this poorly.
They can only screw you if you let them..............walk away!
Old 08-09-2008, 11:16 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
F@CK that dealer, find another and when the cars comes in be sure to drive the dealer and show it off. BTW maybe even take a pic and send it to the dealership owner.

-Troy
Old 08-09-2008, 11:28 PM

Anything with BOOST
Its too bad the dealer has not demonstrated that they want to keep you as a customer, however on the other hand, the car they have on ground was overcharged to the dealer because it is priced as if all the PP equip. was installed. Therefore the dealer has been overcharged as well. I purchased one of these "incomplete" PP packaged cars on Tuesday and filed a complaint with MBUSA. My thought was that I wanted the car and generally speaking a mistake will always favor the consumer. An error on a "Monroney Label" is a federal offense and will prove to be expensive for MB. I completed the purchase, love my car and am willing to man up on MB until I get my $ refunded for the complete package. This will be a fair and reasonable inexpensive compromise for MB. In short, if the steering wheel, suspension and brakes aren't must haves, buy the car and wait it out with MB, you'll be happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer says "DEAL WITH IT" re: PP omission! HUGE RANT