C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New offer from MBUSA re: PP Omission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
New offer from MBUSA re: PP Omission

So the local dealer has told me to take the car as it is with the $1,500 credit or walk. I called MBUSA and complained. I have spoken to someone about 3 times now saying I'll take the car with the LSD, but I'm not paying for the speed limiter increase.

Today she called me back and said that they will give me the $1,500 credit, but have the local dealer install the options AFTER the items arrive. I asked her to put it in writing. She said she will get back to me.

I would accept this scenario as fair..., but I'm not holding my breath.

This would make up for the mistake and the fact that my dealer won't budge on MSRP...

I know this topic is getting old, but thought I would pass on a new development from MBUSA to me (which I hadn't seen as a proposed solution yet...)
Old 08-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by OverBudget
So the local dealer has told me to take the car as it is with the $1,500 credit or walk. I called MBUSA and complained. I have spoken to someone about 3 times now saying I'll take the car with the LSD, but I'm not paying for the speed limiter increase.

Today she called me back and said that they will give me the $1,500 credit, but have the local dealer install the options AFTER the items arrive. I asked her to put it in writing. She said she will get back to me.

This would make up for the mistake and the fact that my dealer won't budge on MSRP...

I know this topic is getting old, but thought I would pass on a new development from MBUSA to me (which I hadn't seen as a proposed solution yet...)
You stated that your dealer won't budge on MSRP. Are you buying in OR or AZ?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:59 PM

2009 C63 K1

I did not think that the dealers were going to have access to the standalone options to put on after the sale.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:16 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by yaymitch
I did not think that the dealers were going to have access to the standalone options to put on after the sale.
On Aug. 5th, 2008 MBUSA said "Due to labor and logistics involved, MBUSA does not plan to offer a retrofit"

So if you can get it, great. It better be in writing from MBUSA or it's worth nothing.

-Troy
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
I'm buying in Oregon (no sales tax).

I agree with you on what the original memo said, that's why I found it surprising that the MBUSA person told me today that they would still offer the credit and install the missing items. When I asked if it was all 3 items (brakes, suspension, and steering wheel), she acted like she wasn't sure about what was in the package and what wasn't and said she would get back to me. I'm sure I haven't heard the full solution to this situation yet...

My dealer is COMPLETELY ignoring my emails and voicemails regarding the issue. I write about something I am not happy, and they respond (avoiding the issue) with something like, "you are really going to enjoy this awesome vehicle..."
Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
I'm buying in Oregon (no sales tax).

I agree with you on what the original memo said, that's why I found it surprising that the MBUSA person told me today that they would still offer the credit and install the missing items. When I asked if it was all 3 items (brakes, suspension, and steering wheel), she acted like she wasn't sure about what was in the package and what wasn't and said she would get back to me. I'm sure I haven't heard the full solution to this situation yet...

My dealer is COMPLETELY ignoring my emails and voicemails regarding the issue. I write about something I am not happy, and they respond (avoiding the issue) with something like, "you are really going to enjoy this awesome vehicle..."

Drive to the dealership and write on paper that the WILL install the missing items AT NO CHARGE. You sign it, the dealership signs it, put the date on it and you're done.

Other wise the dealership is trying to keep you happy and doesn't want you to know they won't do anything.