colour choice help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
colour choice help

Hi guys, i am getting my C63 in about 7 months and am coming down to the deadline for colour choice. I have an obsidian black ML63 wih cashmere beige interior which is phenomenal looking but very hard to keep clean, certainly is a headturner when leaving the car detailer though

For my C63 i have currently chosen tenorite grey with black interior but just cant decide whether to go obsidian black again. The machine i test drove was black and looked freaking insane but is had a whitish interior! awful! What do you guys suggest, tenorite grey (i think its steel grey in teh US) or obsidian black exterior - back or beige interior. Anyone have a photo of both colours side by side - by any miraculously remote chance?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Hi guys, i am getting my C63 in about 7 months and am coming down to the deadline for colour choice. I have an obsidian black ML63 wih cashmere beige interior which is phenomenal looking but very hard to keep clean, certainly is a headturner when leaving the car detailer though

For my C63 i have currently chosen tenorite grey with black interior but just cant decide whether to go obsidian black again. The machine i test drove was black and looked freaking insane but is had a whitish interior! awful! What do you guys suggest, tenorite grey (i think its steel grey in teh US) or obsidian black exterior - back or beige interior. Anyone have a photo of both colours side by side - by any miraculously remote chance?
My choice was Plain Piano Black. I seen it its the Best! (Not OB black) with black interior and CF trim $ and it looks incrediable... also its fully loaded w/options...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63
I went with piano black too - the car looks simple stunning with it.

As you well know, black is the biggest pain to keep clean. My parking garage is incredibly dusty (the apartments are newly constructed), after a few hours in there it is coated in dust. So, I've got an indoor car cover on order now, and I've also invested in 6 swiffer dusters to keep the dust off the car until it arrives.

All worth it for having a mean looking car in the meanest colour!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
i have metalic black with black inside and black wood the car looks like a beast
Old 08-24-2008, 04:25 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
i have metalic black with black inside and black wood the car looks like a beast
Can you post some pics? Especially of the interior trim.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
No more black cars for me. Dust, scratches, swirls, etc.

Although the grey is almost as bad as black, so you might as well go black if you really want it.

Red, silver, and white are probably the easier ones to keep clean.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Get red. I think it looks more sporty in red compared to the dark colors.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997 Turbo GT Silver/Cocoa (sold) 2009 C63 White/Black (sold) 2012 GL350 Pall/Black
Black looks great when new. But in a few months, you'll get swirls. I will never buy black because those little imperfections will haunt me for the life of ownership. Even if you never let a living soul touch your car, you ll have to be borderline **** with every car wash. And I don't care what anyone says, buffing and polishing are only a temporary fix...

I bought white on black... and boy does it look sharp... give it a light microfiber wipe down and it sings...

but grey/silver has the best of both worlds... my porsche is GT silver and you don't see swirls and you won't notice much dirt...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanreau
Black looks great when new. But in a few months, you'll get swirls. I will never buy black because those little imperfections will haunt me for the life of ownership. Even if you never let a living soul touch your car, you ll have to be borderline **** with every car wash. And I don't care what anyone says, buffing and polishing are only a temporary fix...

I bought white on black... and boy does it look sharp... give it a light microfiber wipe down and it sings...

but grey/silver has the best of both worlds... my porsche is GT silver and you don't see swirls and you won't notice much dirt...
I've also had Black cars along with white cars... My Black car I could say from babying it, it lasted many years before you could see some swirls. I didn't go through car washes and was very careful with whom detailed my car. As far as my white car, much less of a problem but still followed the same procedures in care...

I go by what looks the best in the conditions I'll be driving in and to point out just for fun.... its Not my primary car,,,,
Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM

C63 AMG...soon lol
Photo of piano black?

Is that available in Canada?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Plat
Photo of piano black?

Is that available in Canada?
Its just Plain Black.... BTW you may see some forum members posting there black color cars but you must see it in person... I've said it before and the black is a hard color to display on a low resolution monitor ie; laptop ect... thats why you will see more light color cars shown on a selling paltform...