C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Performance Package. The Final Chapter.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 S
Performance Package. The Final Chapter.

Hey guys, today the sales manager at my dealership called me. He told me that the performance package issue has been a big black eye for MBUSA, and furthermore he was embarassed to find out about it from me instead of through MBUSA. He said "Nobody in their right mind would pay $2450 for a speed upgrade and LSD"... and I didn't even have the speed upgrade anyway, just the LSD. So, they're refunding the full $3900 to me. Cool. Mercedes-Benz of Melbourne, FL.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
MBUSA should have just given away the LSD and delimiter out of good faith rather than going through all of this fiasco. They might have gotten away with it during pre-internet days.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by scarbrtj
Hey guys, today the sales manager at my dealership called me. He told me that the performance package issue has been a big black eye for MBUSA, and furthermore he was embarassed to find out about it from me instead of through MBUSA. He said "Nobody in their right mind would pay $2450 for a speed upgrade and LSD"... and I didn't even have the speed upgrade anyway, just the LSD. So, they're refunding the full $3900 to me. Cool. Mercedes-Benz of Melbourne, FL.
Now that's a dealer that knows how to treat customers. I'd definitely put that dealer on my list of dealers to do business with in the future
Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
That is awesome to hear.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:18 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Wow - That sounds great!

I just bought mine too and thought that it was way too much for a delimiter and LSD.....but thought....oh well...just another way to get more cash for the car....

Is the dealer the only way to verify the speed delimiter?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM

2009 C63 AMG
A tale of two completely different dealer experiences

-Mercedes Benz of Portland wouldn't credit me anything, wouldn't address the situation after telling me they couldn't do anymore. I went above my salesperson, to the sales manager, and finally to the general manager of the two dealerships in the Portland area. I also went to MBUSA who told me they were working with the regional manager. STILL NOTHING! In the end, I got my $5,000 deposit returned with no apology. So, if you are smart, DO NOT BUY OR DEAL WITH MERCEDES BENZ OF PORTLAND OR WILSONVILLE. I still am dumbfounded that a local dealer (even if the situation wasn't there fault) was willing to alienate a 39 year old buyer of a $65,000 car when I clearly would be a future buyer of cars. That $1,250 they insisted on for the speed limiter increase (which now I am hearing is not even there) is not going to be worth the future business that myself, my friends, my 40+ employees, my fellow members at two golf clubs I belong to, and all my fellow church members that I am an elder of, would have spent if they just would have taken care of the situation.

-On the contrary, I was referred to Mercedes Benz of New Orleans by Glock Guru and Leo there took GREAT care of me. He took $1,000 off MSRP, and shipped me the car from out of state for free on his dime. So, if you need a good dealer, WORK WITH MERCEDES BENZ OF NEW ORLEANS! A great experience.

Last edited by OverBudget; 08-25-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:27 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by OverBudget
-Mercedes Benz of Portland wouldn't credit me anything, wouldn't address the situation after telling me they couldn't do anymore. I went above my salesperson, to the sales manager, and finally to the general manager of the two dealerships in the Portland area. I also went to MBUSA who told me they were working with the regional manager. STILL NOTHING! In the end, I got my $5,000 deposit returned with no apology. So, if you are smart, DO NOT BUY OR DEAL WITH MERCEDES BENZ OF PORTLAND OR WILSONVILLE. I still am dumbfounded that a local dealer (even if the situation wasn't there fault) was willing to alienate a 39 year old buyer of a $65,000 car when I clearly would be a future buyer of cars. That $1,250 they insisted on for the speed limiter increase (which now I am hearing is not even there) is not going to be worth the future business that myself, my friends, my 40+ employees, my fellow members at two golf clubs I belong to, and all my fellow church members that I am an elder of, would have spent if they just would have taken care of the situation.

-On the contrary, I was referred to Mercedes Benz of New Orleans by Glock Guru and Leo there took GREAT care of me. He took $1,000 off MSRP, and shipped me the car from out of state for free on his dime. So, if you need a good dealer, WORK WITH MERCEDES BENZ OF NEW ORLEANS! A great experience.
Send this to them in a letter. CC the person at MBUSA you're working with.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Send this to them in a letter. CC the person at MBUSA you're working with.
Ditto. In the end, MBUSA still got your money. But at least the dealer in Portland didn't!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:48 AM

C63 for Xmas.
We're being stiffed AUS$5850 for just the LSD.

R.