Sponsored by:

Dealer Prep Fee?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
Dealer Prep Fee?

Has anyone heard of a "Dealer Prep" fee of $750 being tacked on to the sale price of the C63? MB of San Antonio has two '09 (Obsidian Black and Palladium Silver, all options except PP) coming in the next couple of weeks. I've been "talking" to the dealer the past couple of weeks trying to get an offer from him and he finally came back to me with MSRP + a $750 dealer prep fee he claims is only for AMG models. When I pressed him on it for more details, he realy couldn't explain what it was besides that his technicians would have to look at it for over an hours and he said he would "talk" to his manager to see about waving it? Any idea if this is legit or is the dealer just trying to make it look like he's giving me a ghost discount? I'm trying to locate an Iridium Silver so it's not looking like I'll be buying this Palladium Silver. I've heard this is a hard to come by color so if anyone is interested, give MB San Antonio a call. Anyone know of an Iridium Silver either '08 or '09 sitting on a lot close to Texas or at a dealer willing to ship on his dime to Texas?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:47 AM

2009 C63 AMG / 2009 Nissan GT-R / 1988 Ferrari 328 / 1977 Maserati Bora
Crap

I paid no such fee. That is called margin.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by EROD
Has anyone heard of a "Dealer Prep" fee of $750 being tacked on to the sale price of the C63? MB of San Antonio has two '09 (Obsidian Black and Palladium Silver, all options except PP) coming in the next couple of weeks. I've been "talking" to the dealer the past couple of weeks trying to get an offer from him and he finally came back to me with MSRP + a $750 dealer prep fee he claims is only for AMG models. When I pressed him on it for more details, he realy couldn't explain what it was besides that his technicians would have to look at it for over an hours and he said he would "talk" to his manager to see about waving it? Any idea if this is legit or is the dealer just trying to make it look like he's giving me a ghost discount? I'm trying to locate an Iridium Silver so it's not looking like I'll be buying this Palladium Silver. I've heard this is a hard to come by color so if anyone is interested, give MB San Antonio a call. Anyone know of an Iridium Silver either '08 or '09 sitting on a lot close to Texas or at a dealer willing to ship on his dime to Texas?
You said "Palladium Silver, all options except PP" - could you be more specific? Interior color? Trim (silver/black maple)? P02/Multimedia/AMG Seating/iPod/6-disc changer/Teleaid?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Is it the same as DOC fee? Or do you have a separate "DOC" fee for the privelage of them writing up the sale?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Even they are saying its ONLY for AMG cars. Each dealer can have there own fee's BUT MB doesnt require any prep on AMG car's. So it is complete BS as I see it. As for having it waived ( dont do me any favors buddy ) It shouldnt be charged in the first place.

So much discusion about discounts on AMG's and paying MSRP. Personally I have no problem paying asking price on specialty cars or product. (Supply and Demand). But paying some added bogus fee is an insult. Dont take it out on the sales guy cus its not his choice to add these fees, its the dealer who tells him he has to ask for them. He is just the messenger. But have him deliver a Message for you to not ask for bogus fee's. Be civil and you can get it done, maybe even have a few gifts added.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:25 AM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Originally Posted by gravedgr
You said "Palladium Silver, all options except PP" - could you be more specific? Interior color? Trim (silver/black maple)? P02/Multimedia/AMG Seating/iPod/6-disc changer/Teleaid?
This '09 is Palladium Silver, Black Leather Package, Multimedia Package, Premium Package, Aluminum Trim. I can give you his name and number if you are interested. He told me it was due in next week.

ROD
Old 08-27-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by EROD
This '09 is Palladium Silver, Black Leather Package, Multimedia Package, Premium Package, Aluminum Trim. I can give you his name and number if you are interested. He told me it was due in next week.

ROD
Please PM it to me.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Banned

I don't think there is a prep fee
Old 09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Stay away from MB of San Antonio. They charged me for work they didn't perform i.e. checking my IC pump, which lead me to wasting more money doing a bunch of BS checkups to see waht was wrong, when i had enough one day and took it to MB Boerne and they found that the IC was malfunctioning.
Also a technician from MB of SA sold me a 2 Pilot Sports tires one of which was defected.
****ty place, feels like you're buying Chinese cars in Russia when you're in their waiting room.
I go to Boerne for all my Mercedes needs now, great customer service. They guarantee you a free loaner even if you're out of warranty and/or didn't buy the car from them.