C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

PP Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
PP Suspension

I need to decide whether to take a PP with just LSD or get the full PP. I am concerned that the suspension may be a backwards step - the only road test i can find that refers explicitly to the suspension is on Edmunds:

"The unique C63 AMG front suspension changes have been made to help improve steering precision and tire grip at the front. But with the stiffer sport suspension setup that comes with the optional Performance package, our C63 feels "pushy-loose" on the slalom. It understeers past the first couple of cones before small bumps that other cars barely acknowledge tend to pitch this rock-hard suspension sideways. A cone-free run at 68.6 mph takes some doing.

The C63 tends toward push on the skid pad, too, achieving 0.89g. When we try for more with a little throttle (and the stability control off), the tail slithers out and it all goes sideways in clouds of tire smoke. It'll look great on the big screen, though. "

Can anyone with the PP Suspension give their view?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM

2009 C63 K1
I realize you wanted a response from someone with the PP suspension but thought I would weigh-in anyway.

I bought a PP with only LSD and Speed Delimiter. I only wanted the LSD anyway so it worked out. I did not want the PP suspension because of the stiffer ride. My car is stiff and you can feel the bumps on poor roads but on nice roads it rides awesome. I will probably never track the car so I decided the PP suspension was unnecessary and I wanted the smoother ride.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:38 PM

2008 C63, 1995 Porsche 911
I just picked up my non PP car today, and couldn't be happier. I originally ordered a PP car, but could take the wait.
This 'base' suspension is excellent. I've spent $$$$ over the years fitting Bilstein/H&R suspensions to my cars, but this ones staying stock. It's not what I expected from MB - it's firm and fluid.
DD