Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 or Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Though they are 2 totally different cars, do you really need to ask?

Thats my car above. There Is NO comparison. As much as I'm starting to like the C63 more and more, this really is a no brainer, especially if you dont have kids. I went to look at a C63 last week and while I liked the way it looked in person better then in photos, it doesnt do much for me behind the wheel. It does sound good though. I'll take a Mars red/black.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by peet
If you are leasing... both of these cars will totally suck as far as the rate and residual. So there's that to consider first.

The C63 will eventually have better lease terms - but the Z06 never.

Second, ther performance in daily use is not something you will feel. I was street toying with my best friend who drives a modded viper. He couldn't shake me on the street while keeping it under the "arrest that guy now and throw away the jail" speeds so speed is all relative.

Finally, if you are looking at leasing, and around $70k - go grab yourself a 6 series, a 911 or an M5 (which you can get for around 80-90, but the lease makes it seem like a $60k car). I'd take any of those over a vette any day.
did anyone actually realize the Z06 doesn't have the gas guzzler tax because it does 25+mpg on the highway
Old 09-05-2008, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
I'm sorry 6.3 but I disagree. Of course, cars are like art to people like us. To me - that's ugly. I totally don't mean disrespect in that btw and am thrilled you love it... after all, it's your car.

I've just never felt it for the vette ever since the 80's models. Now there is a new one being tossed around and being used for filming in transformers 2 movie...

That, I'm starting to like! (plus not a fan of yellow - nor any loud car color... like I need help getting pulled over!)

Here's the concept vette from the movie:

Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 PM

C63
I've had 4 Vettes over the years and still own 2 a 1971 Convertible and a 2002 Z06. If it didn't snow up here I would have gone with a new Z06. It's just jaw dropping power for the money and a heck of a driver's car in my opinion.

However, I've had the C63 for a week now. Compared to my C5 Z06 the interior is by far much nicer, the ride is a bit smoother, the power is almost enough , and the creature comforts are great. They are two totally different cars for different purposes. The C63 is a great sedan for someone looking for a second car for when they aren't driving their Vette. If you're looking for all out performance the Z06 is the way to go.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Thanks everyone. I know they are totally different cars, in style, but they are both performance cars that are ultimately for people who like to drive....fast! Careful, but fast. I just got back from the MB dealer and I like what they are doing for me. I can get a decent lease with Leasecompare.com as well. The Vette deal came to me late in the game and my gut instinct says to stay with the C63. I appreciate everyone's opinions!
I know to post pictures when I get the car!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 PM

C63
Good luck. You'll love the car. It's a really great ride.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
My Z06.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:14 PM

2008 CLK 350, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
Okay....I'll take Yellowjacket's Z06!

That's just nasty man!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 PM

c32amg,c240
I like everybody's opinion on the vette or a c63. And as some of you were saying it all depends on what you really want. No doubt that a z06 is a monster with its devilish style. But a c63 is something else to. To me you must ask yourself where in the hell can you use the vette to its full potential you surely cant go 180mph or more out here in the street let alone 150mph or so. But it you want to take it to the track then so be it. But a c63 i just dont see it happening taking it to the track and its alot rarer than a z06. I feel when you roll up in a c63 that mercedes star means something, and you know and feel good in that car when you cruise by. Like I said a vette is great and all but i personally would leave it to you guys opinion. As for most of us who have families aint got time for 2 seater muscle machine, so my take would be that c63 just my 2 cents.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Just to make this harder, I'll throw in the GT-R for consideration.

Both C63 and Z06 are great cars, but not in the same category, it's like comparing an apple to an orange. Put it this way, if you are not married, get an Z06, but if you are, get the C63.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:31 PM

08' C350, Toyota Tundra
C63 or Z06

Having driven both cars it is very different. But like you said a Mercedes is a Mercedes while a Chevy is a Chevy no matter how fast it is. The Corvette is a lot faster but the interior on the AMG is also unparallel. I personally think the C63 is just a lot classier while the vette is simply better for the buck because of how fast it is....
Old 09-07-2008, 07:02 PM

bike
A Corvette is a mid-life crisis on wheels. The only people I see driving these are white trash guys in the late 40's or older, with mustaches, wearing Nascar shirts.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Corvette. No matter how fast they are, or how good of a price you can get one for.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM

C63
I'm 39. I have owned 4 Corvettes over the past 17 years, no facial hair, or NASCAR T-Shirts (what's wrong with NASCAR). I'm a very successful professional and currently have 2 Corvettes and a C63.

If you actually had the chance to drive a late model Corvette I think you'd be surprised about what a great car it is. The Z06 is even more amazing. You can only dream of driving a ZR1. You can trace Corvettes back to their very first models and find the engineering and technology to be far advanced from anything comparable for the time period.

There's not need to get nasty about Corvette owners.

The C63 is a fantastic machine in its own right.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
A Corvette is a mid-life crisis on wheels. The only people I see driving these are white trash guys in the late 40's or older, with mustaches, wearing Nascar shirts.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Corvette. No matter how fast they are, or how good of a price you can get one for.
Back in 98, after having a Porsche, I went to help a client buy a Chevy Tahoe. While she was doing the paperwork, I went over to check out the 99 black black C5 vette on the showroom floor. The salesman came over and asked "you looking to buy one?" I responded "there is no way I would ever drive that thing. It is cheese on wheels. I'd need to get gold chains and a members only jacket!" He said "if you haven't driven one of these new C5's, I think you'd be quite surprised." I said " No freakin' way." He said "I bet if you drive it, you'll buy it." I took him up on it. And yeah, I bought it. If you love cars and are confident enough in your manhood to drive the vette, they really are great cars. Great gas mileage, great stereo, tons of trunkspace, great handling, and reasonable price. And the Z06 is a monster. And for 10 grand, Lingenfelter will bring it up to 660 hp - It idles like satan's own ride.

PS - the first day I had it, my brand new intern said to me "what's the difference between a vette and a porcupine?" "what?" I say to her. "The Porcupine has the *****s on the outside!" Yeah, get used to it. And no, I don't like nascar, at the time I was 28, and a young suit wearing professional.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:26 PM

SRT-6
Why not mention your dilemma to the Chevy dealer, and tell them that you're stuck between a C63 and the ZO6. Then ask them nicely if they could make the decision easier by selling the ZO6 for $64k, just like the C63?

Both cars definitely have their unique touches. Personally, I'd want one of each. Just remember that while there's a stereotype attached to a guy in a 'Vette, there's stereotypes attached to C63 owners as well, at least in my area...
Old 09-07-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Whiplash
I'm 39. I have owned 4 Corvettes over the past 17 years, no facial hair, or NASCAR T-Shirts (what's wrong with NASCAR). I'm a very successful professional and currently have 2 Corvettes and a C63.

If you actually had the chance to drive a late model Corvette I think you'd be surprised about what a great car it is. The Z06 is even more amazing. You can only dream of driving a ZR1. You can trace Corvettes back to their very first models and find the engineering and technology to be far advanced from anything comparable for the time period.

There's not need to get nasty about Corvette owners.

The C63 is a fantastic machine in its own right.
+1
Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Yellow Jacket's ride is phenomenal!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 AM

08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
+1 Yeh I must say that thing is fu**ing hot.

Nice!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 AM

Porsche GT3
"A Corvette is a mid-life crisis on wheels. The only people I see driving these are white trash guys in the late 40's or older, with mustaches, wearing Nascar shirts.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Corvette. No matter how fast they are, or how good of a price you can get one for."

That is like saying Mercedes is a "soft" brand not for "drivers" but for blue hairs.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM

'17 CLS550
If you haven't driven the Z06 yet, I strongly encourage you to. If you are used to German engineering, you won't get it in the Z06. I owned one for about 6 months and while it was the wildest car I haver ever owned (and the fastest), the novelty wore off pretty quick. The transmissions in the Z06 is noisy as hell when rpm's fall below 2,500. It is commonly referred to as "marbles in a can" with the Vette brethren. It doesn't bother some people but it drove me absolutely crazy. Once again, just used to German engineering (5 BMW's, an Audi, a Benz and 2 Porches).

I do think it is a good looking car and the preformance certainly speaks for itself. I've seen the C63 in person but haven't driven one. IMO, it looks considerably better in person than it does in pics. The interior and fit/finish on the AMG blows the Z06 out of the water. It really isn't even close. The C63 is much more purposeful as well although that doesn't seem to be an issue for you. BTW, the Z06 does have a decent amount of storage space.

I got wrapped up in the external appearance and performance of the Z06 and Im just encouraging you to look further than that. Also, it is extremely hard getting a 3,200 lb car with 505 HP/470 lb ft TQand to hook up. You'll never use anywhere close to the car's potential on public streets........without the fear of going to jail.

Good luck with your search.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:38 PM

'17 CLS550

Congrats, you win the most uninformed post of the day. You really haven't a clue.

In the past four years, I have owned a base C6 and an '07 Z06 (currently do not own one). A 16 year Commercial Real Estate professional, no facial hair (not that anything is wrong with it), no gold chains, late 30's, own a $925K house......oh yeah, I do watch all forms of racing INCLUDING NASCAR. Yep, I fit your "typical Vette" owner profile.

Last edited by alms21; 09-08-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:48 PM

bike
Originally Posted by alms21
Congrats, you win the most uninformed post of the day. You really haven't a clue.

In the past four years, I have owned a base C6 and an '07 Z06 (currently do not own one). A 16 year Commercial Real Estate professional, no facial hair (not that anything is wrong with it), no gold chains, late 30's, own a $925K house......oh yeah, I do watch all forms of racing INCLUDING NASCAR. Yep, I fit your "typical Vette" owner profile.

Don't get all uptight just because I don't like Corvettes. You can drive or do whatever you want.

I was just offering my PERSONAL opinion about Corvettes and their drivers. Just because I think they are lame doesn't mean you have to. Nothing more nothing less.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM

'17 CLS550
Don't get all uptight just because I don't like Corvettes. You can drive or do whatever you want.

I was just offering my PERSONAL opinion about Corvettes and their drivers. Just because I think they are lame doesn't mean you have to. Nothing more nothing less.

Truly, I could give a rats azz what you like or don't like. Seriously.

You made a blanket statement about Vette OWNERS and don't recall you saying anything about the car. Obviously, from my other post one can deduce that I'm no Vette fanboi/nutswinger as I have pointed out what I think are its shortcoming.

I'm merely telling you that you have no idea what you are talking about and backed it up with EXAMPLE. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM

Mustang

Hey, Ma! There's one of dem city dudes talkin' junk about the Vette and it ain't the dude in the trailer next door! This goofy guy is tellin' millions on the mbworld forum about his mid life crisis, bein' white trash, wearin' mustaches and he hatin' on NASCAR and how it all fits into his mentally supressed CORVETTE ENVY.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Mustang
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Local Chevy dealer just emailed me (I am on his list) with a new '08 Z06, LT2 package, NAV, for 68k. I have my C63 on order and will arrive in 2 weeks. What would you guys do?
I can relate to this very well. I am also stuck on this same question. The Vette prices are great as even Z06's are at Employee pricing. The MB scares me a little/a lot regarding maintenance costs down the road after purchase but I like the four doors and it's a beautiful car. I'm not afraid of maintenance costs with a Chevy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 or Z06