Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:15 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by haxorwear
Do a custom clear bra with a high-end application shop. I dropped my C63 off today for a full front nose wrap (full hood, full front fenders, etc) as well as some other areas I noticed may need it. The 3M applications look pretty bad on a lot of cars that I have seen... Premier (http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/) is doing our car.

I was very pleased to walk in this morning to them wrapping another C63 (white/black) when we arrived. They had just finished an M5 and were also working on a Porsche GT3 RS, all of which looked awesome. I selected the shop based on a stellar review out of the E55 forum here, as well as some other forums on the net. I can suggest that you look at a few different shops and see their work before deciding for or against the protective films.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Your C63 is real sweet!

Originally Posted by MHP
Hey Phil,
Kind of lol. I have the P30 with LSD and no limiter (which we remove with ECU tuning anyway) but AMG has promised to make good on the remaining components of the package. I guess we'll see if they pull through.

Thanks
Andy

Andy I am hoping to get a C63 when my E55 lease runs out in August of 09.
What's your thoughts on the P30 package is it worth it?

Regards!

Hope everybody on the W211 board is chilling out!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by deaguero
I paid $300 for the clear bra on my recently sold 335i when I got it new. I'd be surprised if you could repaint the Front end for that. just my .02

Regards
Then it must have Not been a high end job/ kit... I've heard of 1K and above.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs up Not Really!

Originally Posted by dlbello
Then it must have Not been a high end job/ kit... I've heard of 1K and above.
It was 2 years ago so prices may have been less. The Job was perfect and looked flawless. When I sold the 335i the buyer couldn't find the cutoff line until I showed him. The 335i was Alpine White so that may have had some bearing on how it showed. I never had any problems with it and it really protected that front end with no, absolutely no chips on the front end of the car. I got top dollar for the car when I sold due to the condition and how I take of my cars and the front end and the clear bra were flawless.

I drove between California and Arizona several times a month at highway speeds and the chance for rocks and pitting was very high. As a Matter of fact I had to replace the windshield once from a hit on a trip.

"All at $300 from the dealer. Go figure that!

Regards
Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by deaguero
Andy I am hoping to get a C63 when my E55 lease runs out in August of 09.
What's your thoughts on the P30 package is it worth it?

Regards!
Phil,
I honestly can't say if the package is worth it or not (I certainly wouldn't have paid for the speed limiter removal seperately since I knew I was going to tune it right off the bat) since I really don't have most of the components lol. IMO the car could use a stiffer suspension, though I can see how others may not; though a stiffer ride would probably hurt launch at the strip it would help during OTing. The stock brakes are terrific but having less rotating mass from the Al hubbed rotors wouldn't be a bad thing. The alcantra hand grips on the wheel I could give or take. The key component for me was the LSD as I knew what kind of testing I would be doing it was absolutely essential to me.
My biggest gripe with the car so far is that the terrific seats are just not wide enough. I'm not a huge guy (5'10" 205lbs) but my shoulders/lats just don't fit--I sit on the seat, not in it.

Hope everybody on the W211 board is chilling out!
LOL, me too! That was one hell of an introduction, lol, hopefully we got all the bad stuff out of the way already.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by MHP
Out of curiosity has anyone clear bra'd their C63 yet and if so how much did it cost? I just got quoted $700 and about fell off the couch...
I clear bra'd the car and it was $850.... but a job very well done, took over 4 hours to do.... I was there watching.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
YOWCH.

$700 and $850 for someone to squeegee some sticky clear film? HOLY COW!

I have to agree with the poster above.. unless you drive heavy highway with gravel routes, forgo the film and pay the painter when it's time.

My own outlook on this is that I'm buying the car for my use, not the next guy. So if it devalues the car a bit so be it. I'll do my darndest to keep it in top notch shape, but bras, clear bras, wind and bug deflectors - that's just over the top. Kind of like buying a nice tapestry couch and wrapping it in plastic - something most of my bud's parents did when I was growing up. I just don't get it.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM

Anything with BOOST
MHP,

If you want the bra done, I'm actually a dealer for the product. We did my entire hood, front clip and mirrors for about $600. My cost on the normal hood application, front clip and mirrors is around $500. Let me know if I can help you out?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Anything with BOOST
I personally wouldn't buy another car without, all my cars except the Buick have been done, and its peace of mind for me. Keeps the front end nice
Old 09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by vader t
I'm actually a dealer for the product.
I personally wouldn't buy another car without
Now that's kind of like a butcher always recommending meat, an employee of PM or RJR recommending cigs or someone working for Nike slamming Reebok gear.

Of COURSE you wouldn't buy one without.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by shaker
I clear bra'd the car and it was $850.... but a job very well done, took over 4 hours to do.... I was there watching.
Thanks for chiming in!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
MHP,

If you want the bra done, I'm actually a dealer for the product. We did my entire hood, front clip and mirrors for about $600. My cost on the normal hood application, front clip and mirrors is around $500. Let me know if I can help you out?
Justin,
I'll give you a call tomorrow.

ps--up for Norwalk on Friday?

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I personally wouldn't buy another car without, all my cars except the Buick have been done, and its peace of mind for me. Keeps the front end nice
can u recommend someone in Ariz? Do u ever come to Ariz?