Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster fitted to C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 AMG C63
Sprint Booster fitted to C63

Just got my SB today from TVTdesign, finished work late at night fitted the SB in 10 mins. Then drove it for about 40 mins.
My impression is mix, more bad then good

ESP - Sport
Transmission - S

In traffic light if you try to have a quick start you need to have a very steady feet and just the right amount of pressure, (with out the SB I can easily control the gas to have a clean launch but a lot lot harder with SB) very easily too much gas, the car lose traction but it doesn't end here the worst is to come, the ESP start cutting in because too much traction is loss, and the car suddenly slow down again and you whole body move forward because of the deccleration including the legs and force the feet to push on the gas again (although is only a bit but with SB is a lot becasue the input signal is amperfiled) and the car suddenly accelerate again and the car juck for a few time. It looks very bad looks like someone don't know how to drive. I hope you guys get what I mean.

For normal take off I always need to remind myself to press the gas lightly = less relax.

But once you are on the move is quit good the car feels a lot more responsive and down shift more quickly.

I will drive it for a few more day to see whether I will get use to the sensentivity, but most probably I will take it off.

In my opinion the SB is good for other c class but not for C63. C63 got a lot of power and is very hard to control already and with the SB it's even more hard.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
I've never heard of this. Do you have a link?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
@gravedgr - it's a device that changes the output of the drive by wire pedal so that more signal is sent sooner. Just a little electronic gizmo. Nothing is changing, just pedal position - same as the BMW Sport button did on the E90 and E46.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
SB is a electronic TB control in ways, it opens the TB advance "mid way " when you GAS it hard you feel like the car is faster I bought it, do i like it !?! is it worth it? i guess.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 ML500 & '11 R350
I had one for a while but every time I floored it the revs would shoot up and it would take the trans longer to downshift... so after two years I sold it and am now buying TVT's 250 tune/upgrade
I couldn’t imaging wanting better throttle response on a 63…