Thinking between a GTR or C63? This may help you decide:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63
I took of bunch of crap on the Rennlist GT3 board for not buying
the GTR came out. But there were several engineers including me
that guessed (I didnt know fo sure) the physics werent right.
There were little things leaking out about the GTR not being
what Nissan claimed to be. Now it seems like the flood gates are
open. I am pretty happy about not shopping it and getting the
C63. There were a bunch of fanboys that have disappeared
that came over to the Rennlist board and dissing the GT3
compared to the GTR.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Old 10-08-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by impr

I live in Canada .
That explains it right there.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 AM

08 e90 m3/09 c63/ 06 cls55 /
lol why doth thou wish to start something again :p

yeah.. such a shame being rated the 2nd best place in the world to live and top 10 restaurant cities in the world... Did I mention Vancouver is the **** capital of Canada and is second only to hollywoods silicone valley. Sure sucks being in a city where under 5% of the people are overweight.

I wish I could have a sweet subprime morgage crisis and monstrous crashing markets that will soon (probably are already) affect the rest of the world. Oh yeah and over 7 million illiterate :thumbsup:

source:
http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=130727

there are a lot of awesome people in the States .. probably not you since you live in CT but...

That beside the point there are a ton of places I would love to live in the states. In fact I got a place in LA and Bellevue WA... but cmon really CT? Talk about not having a leg to stand on. Maybe if you lived somewhere fun like NY/LA/WA or something at least you'd have something to your credit.

http://evidiot.wordpress.com/2006/12...-comes-to-die/

probably about sums it up right there. It sure is fun typing all this **** up considering there's **** all to watch on TV right now.. thanks for the time killer .

Last edited by impr; 10-08-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 AM

AMG ML63, M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe, New Audi TT, Audi R8 (coming)
Originally Posted by paulGT3
I took of bunch of crap on the Rennlist GT3 board for not buying
the GTR came out. But there were several engineers including me
that guessed (I didnt know fo sure) the physics werent right.
There were little things leaking out about the GTR not being
what Nissan claimed to be. Now it seems like the flood gates are
open. I am pretty happy about not shopping it and getting the
C63. There were a bunch of fanboys that have disappeared
that came over to the Rennlist board and dissing the GT3
compared to the GTR.
I'm a fan of both GT-R and C63. I've driven enough miles in both to appreciate their qualities and I would happily have either on my driveway. (I owned an ML63 for 20,000 miles and still sorely miss it).

We're running a V8 saloons test this week on Drivers Republic comparing the C63 (with diff) against the Lexus IS-F, M3 Saloon, RS4, and E39 M5. After enjoying the previous C63's that we'd had on test we had always wanted to sample the C63 with the fully sport setup, so that's the rationale behind this test. We hope to have the feature article published by early next week, so check it out when you can.

As for the GT-R, we've tested many of them now and despite the arguments over the published 'ring times it is a remarkable car. Of the dozens of cars we've tested around Silverstone the GT-R is still our quickest, faster than the 997 GT2 and that was in a US-spec GT-R which we found to be slower than the Japanese-spec GT-Rs.

We are running a competition with Nissan to invite a reader to join the Nissan Race Academy at the Nurburgring later this month. I'd be quite keen that a sceptic won this prize and was able provide a fresh take on how the GT-R performs compared to other quick cars. We'll also follow up on this warranty issue that has arisen, but then BMW have had the same policy on launch control for their SMG equipped M-cars.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM

'12 CTS-V
Yep, that black box is a b*tch: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...&rssfeed=rss01.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
lol why doth thou wish to start something again :p

yeah.. such a shame being rated the 2nd best place in the world to live and top 10 restaurant cities in the world... Did I mention Vancouver is the **** capital of Canada and is second only to hollywoods silicone valley. Sure sucks being in a city where under 5% of the people are overweight.

I wish I could have a sweet subprime morgage crisis and monstrous crashing markets that will soon (probably are already) affect the rest of the world. Oh yeah and over 7 million illiterate :thumbsup:

source:
http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=130727

there are a lot of awesome people in the States .. probably not you since you live in CT but...

That beside the point there are a ton of places I would love to live in the states. In fact I got a place in LA and Bellevue WA... but cmon really CT? Talk about not having a leg to stand on. Maybe if you lived somewhere fun like NY/LA/WA or something at least you'd have something to your credit.

http://evidiot.wordpress.com/2006/12...-comes-to-die/

probably about sums it up right there. It sure is fun typing all this **** up considering there's **** all to watch on TV right now.. thanks for the time killer .
Um.... first of all many high powered NY'ers live in Greenwich, CT. It's one of the most upscale towns on the Eastern Seaboard. Look at a map, CT is right next to Manhattan.

Impr, you've succeeded in pissing off 3 of this forum's veterans, and with 19 posts and a bad attitude, you're on the fast-track to nothing but ridicule. You should really check your attitude at the door, this is about as friendly as my advice gets. Do some reading, check out the ownage thread in the Off Topic section, that should give you a clue as to what happens to dudes who go against the grain.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 10-08-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM

'12 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Um.... first of all many high powered NY'ers live in Greenwich, CT. It's one of the most upscale towns on the Eastern Seaboard. Look at a map, CT is right next to Manhattan.
Totally OT, but doesn't Greenwich sport the highest income per capita in the US?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blownS
Totally OT, but doesn't Greenwich sport the highest income per capita in the US?
Yep.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM

'09 C63
i love this forum!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM

WRX STI
That is pretty crazy for nissan to do that on a car that was designed for track usage and design to be driven hard and thrown around by the scruff of its neck!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon

Impr, you've succeeded in pissing off 3 of this forum's veterans, and with 19 posts and a bad attitude, you're on the fast-track to nothing but ridicule. You should really check your attitude at the door, this is about as friendly as my advice gets. Do some reading, check out the ownage thread in the Off Topic section, that should give you a clue as to what happens to dudes who go against the grain.
One of my uncles had a house in Greenwich. I remember as a boy it seemed that every house had it's own pond, I guess that was the in thing during the 60's. My dad told me that he sold it about 5 years ago for million's.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Lol cylinderhead how nice of you to come back. First you call me a liar then refuse to admit you were wrong instead start talking about genitalia of all things. Good to know you've got your own attitude checked at the door.

See unlike you I'd give respect where its due.. not to some unnamed "forum veteran" who happened upon the site 2 years earlier. Additionally last time I checked respect is measured in actual real world values not post counts and the "ownage" in the off-topic forum. But if that's how you validate your life fine by me

Oh no a digital verbal threat about going against the grain. Let see who started what first. Yeah look at that first post in the topic I sure was bashing CT and came in blazing about how sweet my cls55 was. Oh wait that must be in your deluded mind. Lets break things down so you can eat it with your baby bottle.. here comes the airplane!!

1. Months ago I entered my profile information and mistyped the model year of my car. Didn't realize it until yesterday.

2. You come into the thread accusing me of lying because of a typo instead of just asking in a more polite manner if I meant to type 2006 instead of 2007. But Oh no you're too good for that you've "owned" so many people on the digital forum (aka. your measure of real world success apparently). So you have to try to denigrate my character by calling me son.

3. I provide proof and alert you of its presence in the thread.

4. You come back and with nothing really more to say you resort to ad hominem attacks about penises like a typical high school brat.

5. I call you out and return the favor on both you and ScottW911.

6. Scott courteously apologizes and wishes to be civil. I apologize in turn and you'd think this is case closed.

7. But nope in comes another of your vaunted forum members making a snide generalization of Canada. Since I'm bored I figure I'll bite and post an equally snide generalization of his area.

8. You blithely rush in thinking this your chance to "OWN" once again with your "quick" wits and masterful command of the English language proclaiming that in fact Greenwich is home to a variety of wealthy individuals. Whoa some serious ownage I must have never looked at a map before!!! GRATS another job well done.

I guess that about sums up your epic saga. Except for the part where you're nothing more to me than another forum poster who enjoys talking big and proposing big threatening words about "going" against the grain. Yeah I better watch out shouldn't speak ill of those with post counts higher than 1000 post I might get e-murdered!

So you say I've pissed off 3 "elite" forum members.. from where I'm standing I only see you whining and grasping for straws trying to claw back what little credibility you've built up in your mind on these forums since 2006. Yeah I probably irked stiggs and scottw911. My post to stiggs is no more of a ribbing to him than he ribbed about my current country of residence, and Scott has already apologized and myself in kind. You however just can't stop can you. It's ok son its safe now you can let out all those repressed parental alienation issues.

It's kind of sad how you take so much stock in forum activities as if it was your raison d'etre. Even sadder how you can't seem to actually have something concrete other than utilizing the reinforcement from members with less than your epic post counts, and lashing out at those who actually have the ability to speak against your "iron fist of ownage". (sarcasm in case you didn't notice son)

Should take a page out of your own advice "soldier" and calm down.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
I used to watch Judge Judy for my daily dose of worthless drama....mbworld more than satisfies my thirst for this shoit....

thank you all.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM

2009 JK Unlimited Detonator Yellow
Originally Posted by chubbs032
I used to watch Judge Judy for my daily dose of worthless drama....mbworld more than satisfies my thirst for this shoit....

thank you all.
lol this is quite the train wreck... its been keeping me busy since were on an exercise right now...
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AFhockey31
lol this is quite the train wreck... its been keeping me busy since were on an exercise right now...
Hey, where are you stationed at?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 PM

Frankly if I was busy right now I wouldn't have posted either.. but I don't mind some verbal sparring on a forum now and again. Great time waster while I'm waiting for documents to get faxed over.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:15 PM

2009 JK Unlimited Detonator Yellow
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Hey, where are you stationed at?
down at brooks city base in san antonio...

you?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AFhockey31
down at brooks city base in san antonio...

you?
I am way over here at Spangdahlem AB Germany.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 C320
Lol cylinderhead how nice of you to come back. First you call me a liar then refuse to admit you were wrong instead start talking about genitalia of all things. Good to know you've got your own attitude checked at the door.

See unlike you I'd give respect where its due.. not to some unnamed "forum veteran" who happened upon the site 2 years earlier. Additionally last time I checked respect is measured in actual real world values not post counts and the "ownage" in the off-topic forum. But if that's how you validate your life fine by me

Oh no a digital verbal threat about going against the grain. Let see who started what first. Yeah look at that first post in the topic I sure was bashing CT and came in blazing about how sweet my cls55 was. Oh wait that must be in your deluded mind. Lets break things down so you can eat it with your baby bottle.. here comes the airplane!!

1. Months ago I entered my profile information and mistyped the model year of my car. Didn't realize it until yesterday.

2. You come into the thread accusing me of lying because of a typo instead of just asking in a more polite manner if I meant to type 2006 instead of 2007. But Oh no you're too good for that you've "owned" so many people on the digital forum (aka. your measure of real world success apparently). So you have to try to denigrate my character by calling me son.

3. I provide proof and alert you of its presence in the thread.

4. You come back and with nothing really more to say you resort to ad hominem attacks about penises like a typical high school brat.

5. I call you out and return the favor on both you and ScottW911.

6. Scott courteously apologizes and wishes to be civil. I apologize in turn and you'd think this is case closed.

7. But nope in comes another of your vaunted forum members making a snide generalization of Canada. Since I'm bored I figure I'll bite and post an equally snide generalization of his area.

8. You blithely rush in thinking this your chance to "OWN" once again with your "quick" wits and masterful command of the English language proclaiming that in fact Greenwich is home to a variety of wealthy individuals. Whoa some serious ownage I must have never looked at a map before!!! GRATS another job well done.

I guess that about sums up your epic saga. Except for the part where you're nothing more to me than another forum poster who enjoys talking big and proposing big threatening words about "going" against the grain. Yeah I better watch out shouldn't speak ill of those with post counts higher than 1000 post I might get e-murdered!

So you say I've pissed off 3 "elite" forum members.. from where I'm standing I only see you whining and grasping for straws trying to claw back what little credibility you've built up in your mind on these forums since 2006. Yeah I probably irked stiggs and scottw911. My post to stiggs is no more of a ribbing to him than he ribbed about my current country of residence, and Scott has already apologized and myself in kind. You however just can't stop can you. It's ok son its safe now you can let out all those repressed parental alienation issues.

It's kind of sad how you take so much stock in forum activities as if it was your raison d'etre. Even sadder how you can't seem to actually have something concrete other than utilizing the reinforcement from members with less than your epic post counts, and lashing out at those who actually have the ability to speak against your "iron fist of ownage". (sarcasm in case you didn't notice son)

Should take a page out of your own advice "soldier" and calm down.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your gratuitous wall of text accomplished absolutely nothing, and the basis for your argument is well, base-less. I didn't outright accuse you of anything, I simply stated that there was NO SUCH THING as a 2007 CLS55 (fact) and that it was cause for an explanation. In no way did I call you a liar, read it again.

You didn't just give an explanation, you wrote an effing thesis. Such an overreaction is quite frankly comedic, as pointed out by myself and others.

My response to your literary work was then "seconded" by said others who proceeded to point and laugh at you, which caused you to once again overreact, write another essay in which you wrongly accused Connecticut of being somehow less important than the giant cancerous wart on top of the USA called CANADA.

All you've accomplished so far is to reveal just how insecure you are to the entire internet, "GRATS". You've gone to great lengths to justify your actions when all you needed to do in the first place was to type, "Oh, my bad, I typed the year wrong".

In no way have I even taken a stab at "owning" you, I'm far too sick today to insult anyone but my doctor.

Now type away, what do you do for a living anyway, stenographer?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM

Your gratuitous wall of text accomplished absolutely nothing, and the basis for your argument is well, base-less. I didn't outright accuse you of anything, I simply stated that there was NO SUCH THING as a 2007 CLS55 (fact) and that it was cause for an explanation. In no way did I call you a liar, read it again.

You didn't just give an explanation, you wrote an effing thesis. Such an overreaction is quite frankly comedic, as pointed out by myself and others.

My response to your literary work was then "seconded" by said others who proceeded to point and laugh at you, which caused you to once again overreact, write another essay in which you wrongly accused Connecticut of being somehow less important than the giant cancerous wart on top of the USA called CANADA.

All you've accomplished so far is to reveal just how insecure you are to the entire internet, "GRATS". You've gone to great lengths to justify your actions when all you needed to do in the first place was to type, "Oh, my bad, I typed the year wrong".

In no way have I even taken a stab at "owning" you, I'm far too sick today to insult anyone but my doctor.

Now type away, what do you do for a living anyway, stenographer?

Sigh.. typical response.. and here I thought it'd be something actually entertaining. Resorting to the too many words argument. Apologies I should've accounted for your short attention span.

While you may not have typed out the words "you're a f-in liar" the implications of your statement effectively did. As for my response to that being a thesis? Again I guess I should next time provide information in a trickle to keep it more interesting for you. From my brief inspection of this thread the only person to point out that my response to your post was an over-reaction was you. Scotw911 just found your statement to be humorous. Fast forward to now yeah this is pointless drama, but its better than talking to overseas clients and the progress of their developments.

As for being insecure on the internet, you should look in the mirror first. If you've noticed in all your posts you constantly recall reinforcement from other forum members and in addition to that while I could've simply said I mistyped it I wanted to remove any doubt that I did in fact own my vehicle. Conversely you could've simply said "no worries just checking" something to that effect, but instead your own insecurities prevented you from doing that. In a sense I have to thank you though since this is ( as mentioned above) a great time killer.

It is my cross to bear.. being able to type at 110 wpm. I guess the training from my teenage years punching in stock tickets in the cage at my family friend's trading firm paid off. But to answer your question nope not a stenographer.. real estate developer/investor (nothing big)

This post is a bit shorter.. hopefully more palatable for your 'unique' caveats.

edit:

missed where you talked about my addressing the Canada/US issue. Frankly there's a lot of places in Canada that outright suck, but since Stiggs felt like quickly generalizing I just looked at his profile beside his post which stated CT and made a quick generalization as well. And come on proclaiming Canada's massive superiority? Yeah I must be a massocist since I have property in the states as well.

Just a side note though Cylinder head you might wanna check where the US imports most of its fuel from: ( hint it isnt the middle east)

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

Last edited by impr; 10-08-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Not an AMG :(
I think this is where we start talking about 'steaks' (old joke)
Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Almost a Member!

AMG C63 AMG White
My salesman told me there is a guy who switched to c63 from GTR and his reason was money wise and more practical..and to me thats how i will see it..but the thing here when you see c63 it does turn heads but not as much as the GTR..that thing is monster on the road..maybe its not a super sport car but hey most of us use our cars in 50 zone ok soo dont be soo picky...
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 AM

C63 / ////AMG
Originally Posted by OverBudget
I've been waiting for a thread to opine on the GTR... There's at least one running around North Scottsdale and as much as I know the performance is awesome, I think it is a butt-ugly car, I can't stand the looks. For $70k and all that performance you'd think they either would have made it look more like a sports car, or a classier coupe.
Don't forget to add on the $10-$25k mark up on these GT-R's that all the Nissan dealers are charging (and people are actually paying )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Thinking between a GTR or C63? This may help you decide: