Sponsored by:

Thinking between a GTR or C63? This may help you decide:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 e90 m3/09 c63/ 06 cls55 /
Originally Posted by Improviz
Quite an interesting analysis, given that I wrote all of two sentences in the post, which, I might add, are about 500% more grammatically correct than most of the spew you've managed to post here thus far.

Still, you came off like a fanboy, which is not surprising in light of how you've acted thus far.

Goodie for you. What I find fascinating is how you've gone from fanboy to the anti-GTR god of the forums based upon a few anecdotal reports....but hey, I thought it was funny, and still do, so I posted it. And obviously, the contradiction seems to have touched a nerve; I had assumed you would respond with a pointless, whining, defensive diatribe, and you certainly didn't dissapoint.

Nice Pavlovian response from a good little doggie. Want a biscuit?

Where in my post did I say you had proclaimed the GTR the new king of cars? Strawman.

Another strawman...feels kinda like I'm out inna cornfield here, Jethro.

Among which I assume you now count yourself? Because that was the point, that seems to have flown so far above your little pointed head that you cannot hear its wings flap: back then, you were a PRO-GTR fanboy, and now you come off like, as you put it, an anti-GTR fanboy.

Perhaps you should read your own warranty booklet some time about the perils of running with traction control off...oh, here, let me do it for you, because you obviously lack enough intelligence to ryofm:

You will also find warnings like this in BMW SMG-equipped cars in Europe, Ferrari SMG-equipped cars in Europe (both manufacturers do not provide it here, at least not the full-blown versions), which you would know if you had any intelligence whatsoever, but you are obviously too dense and ignorant to follow things of this sort while lambasting others for the perceived sin of doing so.

Funny, I was thinking that some people grossly overestimate their own intelligence and underestimate that of others. I won't mention any names, but...

Already did, fanboy. And it's funny how you seized on the performance claims of a car with a power/weight ratio far below that of the Porsche dominating it on a track with the longest straights in the world, where acceleration kinda, sorta comes into play. Cars do not violate the laws of physics, and that thing was clearly boosted to play with the cars it did on the 'ring.

Yawn....more red herrings and strawmen, coupled with a good dose of megalomania, as expected.
It must be nice living in a world where your fingers are in your ears and you think that you're the authority on all that is right. Since when have I become the "anti-GTR" God. I merely dislike the fact that Nissan voided the warranty for using LC.

You see those aren't called strawman arguments. Those are called me pointing out that I didn't realize that information in the past and as such my prior post was not as fully informed as it should have been. Unlike some people I actually have the ability to go back and correct things.

Somehow after my 'diatribe' ,you really must be watching a lot of tv to learn all these big words btw, you still cant seem to understand that my new post is an append to the previous GTR post. I guess making sense in your mind equates to whining. Looks like I've touched a nerve with your 'epic' quote cutup post.

Again with the whole Grammar thing. Last time I checked, this is an informal forum not a symposium on writing. How exactly did I come across as a fan boy. I conveyed the data that was presented by other industry professionals. I never knew that counted as red herrings and strawman arguments. Although, I'm quite impressed that you managed to glean those statements from your local political news. Next time try looking up the definition of those BIG words you used.

You should call up all the automotive journalists around the world and tell them of your findings grand wizard of information. In your post you said, "Pretty vehement defense of the GTR, yes?" aka intensely emotional defense. I would hardly call that a emotional defense of the GTR, it merely took that much information to properly refute a few lines of vitriol.

I find it funny how you talk of megalomania when you decide to completely ignore the published and video recorded performance information provided by individuals who make a career out of automotive journalism. Sorry I just tend to trust things when I see it on video and then again backed up by other individuals who have no vested interest in its success. Go back to wearing your tin hat though.

It really is funny when people grossly overestimate their intelligence. I won't bother pointing them out to you but next time make sure to close your eyes when you look at a mirror.

You talk about hearsay and seizing on sensationalistic claims. I'd like to see the written information and documented visual documentation on the 'clearly' boosted GTRs. Your fingers/mouth seem to flap faster than you can think, because as you can see I've always maintained that obviously the GTR has the performance, but if its transmission is that fragile that it cannot handle a mere 20 launches it might be a source of concern.

So lets get this straight I'm a GTR Fanboy but that argument about me proclaiming the GTR was king was a strawman I thought? But yet its your source of hilarious interplay between the whole Anti/Pro GTR fanboy flapping bird imagery you sought to setup. Looks like someone dont know what a strawman is Cletus.

Of course you can go around talking about strawmen snuggling with your sense of smugness that you've manage to effectively use quotes to break up a post as if that's some sort of hallmark of your success.

"And he'll probably attempt to call you dumb and/or insecure for fighting on the internet."

btw cylinder head how nice of you to crawl out of your hole. Letting others do the fighting for you again I see. Mmm and last time I checked you were the one poorly attempting to do what you claim I will attempt. It took you this long to come back? I never knew mere words on the computer screen scarred you that badly.

edit: while turning off the ESP in the 55 may not be covered by MB warranty it doesn't exactly lead to the destruction of the transmission either. And if you read the title of the thread instead of rushing in to defend the honor of your forum bloodbrothers you'd see it says "Thinking between a GTR or C63? This may help you decide" It didn't say GTR burn in hell, or WHY cant I neutral launch my car. Those aren't strawman arguments. Its the whole, lets know what we are talking about and what we aren't talking about.

Its funny how you act as if you're trying to get a rise out of me when it seems more like I'm the one who's aggravating you. But whatever helps you sleep bud.

edit2: I know you're probably salivating at the chance to use your monstrous intellect on this post again but for your reading pleasure since you love strawmen so much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

edit3: Missed this gem of a post

Oh, his mommy and daddy will probably pull him away for a dinner break soon, possibly a diaper change as well.
Looks like someone's grasping for straws now. I enjoyed the part where your posts are filled with little to no information and then you're forced to resort to plain boring name calling instead of the oft enjoyed "peppering it with something worth reading" practice.

Last edited by impr; 10-14-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
yawn....

....the self-professed king of intellegensia on our fourm doesn't even know what a strawman argument is. So let me edjumacate you there, Jethro:

OK, now firstly:
1) read that link
2) pull head out of ***;
3) read it again;
4) repeat 1-3 until it penetrates your peabrained little skull.

After 3-4 hours of letting that sink in;
5) go back to my original post and find where I said either of the following:
a) phat you had proclaimed the GTR the king of all cars;
b) that you had proclaimed that the car would have flawless reliablility.

Can't find it, can you Jethro? Know why? Because I never wrote it, i.e. it is not a position I've taken in this discussion. Therefore, your acting as though I said such a thing is, prima facie, a strawman argument (repeat steps 1-4 again as I assume you've forgotten by now in the torrent of "big words" I like to use).

Also, you might try finding where I've written anything about the factual accuracy/inaccuracy of your earlier post, where I made any mention of "hearsay" or "sensationalistic claims", etc...still more strawmen. Nice try at diversion, but it's pretty clear from what I quoted of yours who it is who's raising the strawmen here.

Sorry that my vocabulary troubles you....I often encounter this phenomenon when dealing with people of low intelligence. My suggestion would be to utilize this fascinating new invention we call a "dictionary".

Now, as to the performance of the GTR: the points of the debate of the suspicians behind that particular car being boosted are quite well known and easily found via a google search, so I really don't need to waste time rehashing them with an intellectual gnat such as yourself. My intention in entering this thread was to swat a little pest around a bit, and so I'll stick to that. But I will say that I doubt this is a claim that Porsche made lightly, with good reason.

As to how you came across/come across as a fanboy: your pathetic posts speak for themselves; for example:

Originally Posted by impr
When the GTR first came out and its performance figures were published for all to see I was one of the staunchest defenders of this car.
And then, in the same post, you wrote:
It's funny how when the GTR ring times were announced the denizens of nagtroc were proclaiming this car the new king of performance ushering in a new era of automotive excellence. Fast forward to today and now you have throngs of GTR lovers making every excuse under the sun as to why its OK for them to have to pay 20 grand to replace their transmission after 2 weeks of car ownership.
So, shall I call you what, a former denizen of nagtroc? Nicely done.

See? All nice and easy, hung with your own words, no need for me to waste time on a diatribe...I will leave that to you, at least until mommy and daddy shut you down.

As to the Mercedes warranty manual that you were too stupid to bother reading before posting your drivel: the point isn't whether or not they have broken; point is that if it breaks, they WILL void you, just as Nissan will. And you have spent no small amount of time complaining about this, my mentally challenged friend.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-14-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Here we go again.

Vacation slips are ready. Who wants me to sign their's first?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 PM

....the self-professed king of intellegensia on our fourm doesn't even know what a strawman argument is. So let me edjumacate you there, Jethro:

OK, now firstly:
1) read that link
2) pull head out of ***;
3) read it again;
4) repeat 1-3 until it penetrates your peabrained little skull.

After 3-4 hours of letting that sink in;
5) go back to my original post and find where I said either of the following:
a) phat you had proclaimed the GTR the king of all cars;
b) that you had proclaimed that the car would have flawless reliablility.

Can't find it, can you Jethro? Know why? Because I never wrote it, i.e. it is not a position I've taken in this discussion. Therefore, your acting as though I said such a thing is, prima facie, a strawman argument (repeat steps 1-4 again as I assume you've forgotten by now in the torrent of "big words" I like to use).

Also, you might try finding where I've written anything about the factual accuracy/inaccuracy of your earlier post, where I made any mention of "hearsay" or "sensationalistic claims", etc...still more strawmen. Nice try at diversion, but it's pretty clear from what I quoted of yours who it is who's raising the strawmen here.

Sorry that my vocabulary troubles you....I often encounter this phenomenon when dealing with people of low intelligence. My suggestion would be to utilize this fascinating new invention we call a "dictionary".

Now, as to the performance of the GTR: the points of the debate of the suspicians behind that particular car being boosted are quite well known and easily found via a google search, so I really don't need to waste time rehashing them with an intellectual gnat such as yourself. My intention in entering this thread was to swat a little pest around a bit, and so I'll stick to that. But I will say that I doubt this is a claim that Porsche made lightly, with good reason.

As to how you came across/come across as a fanboy: your pathetic posts speak for themselves, no need for me to waste time on a diatribe...I will leave that to you, at least until mommy and daddy shut you down.

Now whose using his prescribed definition of a strawman argument against himself. Self described intelligensia? Strawman. Sigh.. more schoolyard insults and I noticed your spelling is getting jittery. Phat? Cuz P is so close to T isnt it. Moreover, are you still on the whole "i just joined this thread for laughs" approach? Sorry buddy, but when you start name calling and thinking of ghetto booty (see phat) sure seems like I'm the one getting a rise out of you, and I have to say its (to quote a semi-popular sitcom) "legendary".

Now if you understood the purpose of me providing the examples that I created, you'd be able to realize that they're a counter argument to your perceived 'contradiction' that you've decided exists. Apparently someone has never heard of implied statements. Either that or you're just ignoring it because its inconvenient to you. Funny you seem to be doing that a lot.

See now you talk about me forgetting the torrent of big words. I never said using your expansive vocabulary was a bad thing. However, usually I'd appreciate it if someone actually knew the meaning behind it. Of course you can live your life however you please, its not as if we'd ever see one another.

Still more strawman on the whole performance claims things, yet you go on to say that the GTR is obviously boosted and that the performance claims of magazines are somehow red herrings and strawman arguments as well? So, performance claims are a strawman argument but you say they're fake, and when someone refutes that its strawman arguments again. Really you need an intervention, too reliance on your crutch of a concept aka. strawmen. Then again I suppose all that mommy daddy diaper changing for you was done by proxy via a strawman.

You say the suspicious can easily be found with a google search. Its a shame you can't click further to find the refutations to such things. Furthermore, I remember someone once saying how hilarious it is when someone thinks of themselves as highly intelligent but when they are in fact quite the opposite. Well all I can say is I'm laughing my *** off while reading your posts Thanks for that.

Talk about calling the kettle black, pathetic posts? You need not waste time on describing how I am a fanboy because you have nothing more than your deluded perception of the world to guide you. In the rare event that you actually have something of value to say you might actually be exposed as the 'intellectual gnats' you spoke of earlier. Seriously whats with all this mommy and daddy stuff someone drank a bit too much smug satisfaction I see today.

edit: I see I've gotten you so angry you've actually decided to try and outline how I'm a fanboy.

Lets start with me being a former denizen of nagtroc. Nope.. I just lurked their forums which allow guests to read them.

#2. In my defense of the GTR I never proclaimed it the new king of performance ushering in a new era of automotive excellence. I just said its impressive that the GTR can do what all the hype said it could do and for a fraction of the price (back then). OH WAIT I thought that whole did I ever claim the GTR was the King of cars was a strawman argument and now you're using it as proof? Must be convenient having a selective memory. In my post I merely pointed out that the GTR can do what it claims to do. At Nagtroc GTR fanboys were saying how the entire world needs to bow down to the almighty GTR and that porsche was owned forever.

Additionally, my nimrod of a compatriot, I was merely upset that Nissan created a car where its insane 0-60 times are only possible via usage of the LC which states in the warranty manual that turning off the VDC would completely void it. Last time I checked the cls55 doesnt need to have ESP off to go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds sport is fine. In the event that one does turn off the ESP it wont break after 20 launches either since the 5speed is practically bulletproof. The GTR's transmission, as it was discovered by individuals and tuners alike is not bulletproof.

Last edited by impr; 10-14-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
PM this crap, we don't want to read it.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Here we go again.

Vacation slips are ready. Who wants me to sign their's first?
Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo.....

Can I take a stab at which one it will be?

JK.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I enjoyed the part where your posts are filled with little to no information and then you're forced to resort to plain boring name calling instead of the oft enjoyed "peppering it with something worth reading" practice.
Ummmmm, and you would never, never never ever stoop to insulting someone, now would you sweetie? Here's a sampling of the bile you've spewed just over the course of this thread:

... the GTR and its fanboys are quickly losing ground:

What did the fanboys have to say about it?
Look like someone's compensating for a lack of a package calling someone son.

I just noticed you really like using magnifying glasses.. I guess that makes sense for someone of your 'stature'. Now personally I don't own one since I can see what I need to see just fine.
Nice usages of emoticons though.. must have taken up a lot of brain cells for you to realize you can use THOSE to imply phrases rather than writing and typing BIG WORDS.

Good on you.. so brave!
ScottW911 apology accepted. We definitely did get off on the wrong foot... I also would like to take this time to apologize to you for essentially calling you a homosexual retard.

Apologies I should've accounted for your short attention span.

Again I guess I should next time provide information in a trickle to keep it more interesting for you.

This post is a bit shorter.. hopefully more palatable for your 'unique' caveats.
Wow the weather sure is illiterate today. Must be nice to have 6.999 million other people to keep you company . You might need to drink a few more redbulls if you want to get through my post without flipping on MTV's top pop group.
Wow... really? reallly? You really haven't read this thread at all or the source thread at all have you. Look like someone needs to grow up and finally get into highschool reading comprehension.

Read QuickTwinTurbo's post. Read the ENTIRE Nagtroc thread. Look at the screenshots. Protip: Bolding what you've found while blindfolded with your fingers in your ears doesn't equate to factual information.

You didn't bother to read the entire post and just decided to rush in a post up some random junk because you have the attention span of a 4 year old on qualudes.

I'm seriously amazed at the ability of safety standards and regulations in our world that allow your continued survival. Round of applause for the govt. here. (that's sarcasm again).

READING something for longer than 10 seconds might actually help you write something that doesn't make you seem like a complete imbecile.
Umm-hmm, nothing insulting to be found there. I obviously forgot what a polite, considerate, well-mannered person I'm dealing with.

For you to criticize someone for being insulting is like the Pope criticizing somone for attending mass.

OK, I've had enough fun with ya, highlighting your hypocrisy was too easy....you have a nice night there, fanboy.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 PM

No you see unlike you that "name calling" was more like describing their actions and responses in this thread.

Nice try though .
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No you see unlike you that "name calling" was more like describing their actions and responses in this thread.

Nice try though .
Of course; when you call names it is a description; when others do it it is name-calling.

When you behave like a fanboy you are accurately describing the performance capabilities of a car; when others do it, they are being fanboys.

When Nissan owners don't read their warranty manual they are being stupid; when you don't read your owners' manual you are stunningly intelligent.

When you use a strawman argument, it is raising a valid point; when others raise a valid point, they are making a strawman argument.

When you make grammatical mistakes, it is because you are "writing in an informal style"; when others do it, it is because they are morons.

When others disagree with you, they are being stupid; when you disagree with others, you are correcting their misconceptions using the benefit of your vast knowledge and vastly superior intelligence.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited by Improviz; 10-14-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
btw cylinder head how nice of you to crawl out of your hole. Letting others do the fighting for you again I see. Mmm and last time I checked you were the one poorly attempting to do what you claim I will attempt. It took you this long to come back? I never knew mere words on the computer screen scarred you that badly.
Once again, all you've done is repeat nearly verbatim what others have said about you, just with much more clutter. No one is fighting my battles for me, anyone else calling you out is doing just that, not to aid me. Last time I checked I could fight my own battles. You've done nothing to scar me, tickle any "insecurities", or anything of that matter. There's nothing you of all people could ever take away from me.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Man.. Y'all like to write / type / quote alot huh? Some of you should help me with thesis.. lol
Just let it go fellas n lock this **** mod.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 PM

I thought you were done Improviz? Funny thing trying to commit to the whole I'm outta here statement. Sure is hard when you're all hot and bothered eh?

Looks like someone needs to understand what a fanboy is.. really the whole not being able to understand a strawman argument then now not being able to understand a fanboy.

You see when someone factually details the performance capabilities of said car. Thats all it is. When someone comes in demands you worship a car and will not even consider looking at the competition or what any other factual information is provided that is a fanboy. When someone essentially proclaims a car the new messiah that is a fanboy. Is it clearer to you now?

Talk about making up strawman arguments. Where did I say nissan GTR owners are stupid for not reading their manual. OH WAIT I didn't. I like the part where you also made up the instance that I decided not to read my manual for the car i've owned for 2 years. Heaven's knows I've been at least bored enough at one point while waiting for someone to pull that sucker out and read it. You see, I never said anyone was a moron for making grammar mistakes, but you and your ilk seem to use that as a primary springboard for your arguments. Wait what was that again? I think its made out of a substance gathered in farms and turned into the shape of a humanoid.

Also where did someone disagree with me? Disagree that the warranty is voided? Disagree that the transmission should be stronger? I didn't see any of that anywhere. Looks more like an old fashioned waste of time to me.

And CylinderHead by fighting your battles I mean piggybacking off Improviz's post since you don't seem to have the ability to write a witty retort on your own. Thanks for coming out though.

edit: Improviz If you'd like to continue our enjoyable skirmish feel free to PM me. I'll be a while since I gotta drive back from work. No point in continuing in this obviously derailed thread.

Last edited by impr; 10-14-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Improviz...aren't you the guy who spent half a thread arguing my intent based on my use of quotes and italics? Do you just skim the forum looking for potential arguments?

This is not directed to anyone, but all of us - one thing I've never understood about internet forums is the willingness to around and around on a particular subject or in a particular argument. Sure, everyone wants to get their $.02 in and try to make a point, but when its obvious people aren't going to agree or see each other's side - what is the point of the ad nauseum repetitive posts? Generally beyond about the 3rd or so post in the same vein, the mass audience is usually pretty sick of reading anyone's diatribe.

If people could learn to let it go fairly early, we'd probably save 25% of the posts on the forum.
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Improviz...aren't you the guy who spent half a thread arguing my intent based on my use of quotes and italics? Do you just skim the forum looking for potential arguments?

This is not directed to anyone, but all of us - one thing I've never understood about internet forums is the willingness to around and around on a particular subject or in a particular argument. Sure, everyone wants to get their $.02 in and try to make a point, but when its obvious people aren't going to agree or see each other's side - what is the point of the ad nauseum repetitive posts? Generally beyond about the 3rd or so post in the same vein, the mass audience is usually pretty sick of reading anyone's diatribe.

If people could learn to let it go fairly early, we'd probably save 25% of the posts on the forum.
That's because we pay by the post. Like Epinions.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by RBrenton
That's because we pay by the post. Like Epinions.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Actually I posted an observation, it was you who started arguing. Sequence was 1) you attacked another member using, almost verbatim, a quote from Car & Driver; 2) I simply observed that the praselology you were using was from C&D, and that they are very biased pro-BMW; 3) you jumped down my throat with a sarcastic attack, and I responded with some valid questions which were begged by what you had written.

People can read the thread and find out exactly who threw the first stone.

In other words, if people would just lay back and let people like you insult them and other members without responding, all would be well and good. If you don't like people responding to your attacks, don't attack people.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-15-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM

Good God man, its like you're constantly riled up . Self perceived bastion defender of the internet. I thought I was bored lol, except unlike you I keep my unique proclivities within the confines of my own threads.

Keep it up, this is fun. I take great joy in dismantling stupid arguments, and I must say that this is the most fun I've had in some time on the forums.
I think this outlines your 'honorable' intentions the best. Last time I checked someone preferring the e39 m5 over the e55 doesn't count as an "attack" on a member. Unless of course the man gave birth to the statement. Good GOD he called it a ridiculous blanket statement time to ham it up. I may pepper my posts with insults but at least I don't go around prowling the forums for a fight at every corner.

edit: Funny of you to talk about a pavlovian response when referring to someone responding to a post that addresses him in his own thread, when you come running back into this thread everytime you see me post. Its just like ringing a bell! How interesting....

Protip: Learning how to link a thread over and over again doesn't equate to being right. On that note you might wanna check your last link http: twice equals a link going nowhere.

fixed it for you babygirl cuz I love you so much <3:

READ ME

Although I don't know why you had two links in the same topic going to the same destination. You'd think words like read this thread would be good enough. I guess in a world filled with robotic strawmen and thundering titans such as yourself it isn't good enough.

Protip2: People can like cars other than the ones they decided to buy. For example I like the new audi s4 avant but I like the c63 more. "What a crazy random happenstance!" To quote Dr. Horrible.

Have a nice day, and I hope you have some meds to take cuz it seems like you're one post away from a heart attack.

edit: Funny how you previously talked of a pavlovian response when someone responds to a post in his thread that is on the topic of himself. Strange thing that whole responding to a topic sensation. On the other hand waiting on the wings and salivating every time I post up something, sure seems like I have the bell in my hand

Last edited by impr; 10-15-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:24 PM

C32
Originally Posted by 200onthedash
As long as you don't use the LC, which is in the agreement you sign, you are covered by your warranty. The guy said he used the LC 20 times, which is probably more like 50, would you clutch drop any MT 50 times? Especially a brand new car. Everyone that has bought a GT-R knows not to turn off the VDC, otherwise you are gambling. The GT-R is a track car, the GT-R is not meant to drag race or do stop light races. As for the folks who have a 2009, these will be the cool one's to own, because it is obvious Nissan will disable this "secret feature". The Ferrari 599 has a LC that Ferrari does not recognize.

Bottom line, you clutch drop any car over and over, it will break. Put a C63 in N, build the revs to 4500 and the shift it into D. Repeat 50 times, and see what happens. People that bought the GT-R for what it is, a track monster, consider the LC to be a bit of a gimmick. 0-60 in 3.9 with out LC is pretty quick.

If LC is a "deal breaker", you not looking at the right car. The GT-R is meant to be driven in all R mode.
A stunning voice of reason on this thread.

comparing the C63 to the GTR? Funny, the C63 isn't in the same league in terms of performance. It's a helluva car, but not one to take down Carrera S's or GTRs around a track. Great for a straight line but apparently it's not even in the M3's league in handling. I think most ppl here buy the C63 for what it is - a warp drive in 4 door disguise.

Anyone who thinks a car can take 4-5K clutch drop 20 times in two weeks, *during break-in period* no less, has not driven a manual. Perhaps a little 1.6L Civic can take that kind of abuse, but I will be surprised if the tranny doesn't drop to the ground.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:53 PM

bike
Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 PM

Ultraseven it is true that the GTR outclasses the c63 in terms of performance. For some people however its a choice between as you said a "warp drive in disguise" or all out performance. It may be a ridiculous comparison for some but as noted in this thread there have been at least a few people who have cross shopped the two vehicles.

Taken from another forum I browse:

"One thing that may differ from the Nissan is that BMW was very clear to explain to him that it's a three strikes and you're out game if you decide to use it.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If I was to make a guess, I'd say both are at fault. It is very likely the car has been driven very hard and I'm willing to bet the dealer or Nissan failed to mention that repeated full throttle starts will cook the drive train." -quote Chuck Norris(users name )

For me its mostly the shock of having to pay 20 grand to fix a destroyed transmission. I'm sure there's other supercars with equally expensive repairs but after seeing how easy it is for the manufacturer to void your warranty my other issue is the black box that can record pretty much all your driving telemetry(which will soon be in all vehicles after 2011).

edit: Hi Improviz~~

Last edited by impr; 10-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
In other words, if people would just lay back and let people like you insult them and other members without responding, all would be well and good. If you don't like people responding to your attacks, don't attack people.
You completely miss the point (both times). People can go read the other thread - as I said, there's no point in rehashing the same thing endlessly. This point here was that its okay to disagree. Its okay to be passionate. Even some barbs are okay within limits (I think the moderators will agree - no one wants to have to be draconian in moderation). But if you're arguing the same point with the same person for more than a few responses, beyond that no one cares any more. If you feel like you just can't let it go, move it to PM to continue would be my suggestion.

As for who insults who, you don't see "ON PROBATION" under my name.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by ultraseven
Anyone who thinks a car can take 4-5K clutch drop 20 times in two weeks, *during break-in period* no less, has not driven a manual. Perhaps a little 1.6L Civic can take that kind of abuse, but I will be surprised if the tranny doesn't drop to the ground.
Its funny you mention this - the most abused car I ever owned was a leased Civic EX. It was so hard going from sports cars to that people mover for a few years (needed a beater for the 4k miles/months I was driving at the time), but damn - those guys at Honda build a slick shifting transmission.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Its funny you mention this - the most abused car I ever owned was a leased Civic EX. It was so hard going from sports cars to that people mover for a few years (needed a beater for the 4k miles/months I was driving at the time), but damn - those guys at Honda build a slick shifting transmission.
S2000 transmission is the best i've ever used. Nothing else compares.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
You completely miss the point (both times). People can go read the other thread - as I said, there's no point in rehashing the same thing endlessly. This point here was that its okay to disagree. Its okay to be passionate. Even some barbs are okay within limits (I think the moderators will agree - no one wants to have to be draconian in moderation). But if you're arguing the same point with the same person for more than a few responses, beyond that no one cares any more. If you feel like you just can't let it go, move it to PM to continue would be my suggestion.
Actually, I *did* let it go, only to have you come in here and dogpile on to try and restart the argument, and accuse me of trolling the forum in which I've been participating for over six years and looking for an argument with you when I did nothing other than comment on a quote of yours, its source, and the biased nature of the publication that originally made it.

It was YOU who composed a sarcastic, rude response, and who took the time to compose not one, not two, but three posts arguing about it with me, so please, spare me the sanctimony.

So here's a suggestion: why not try following your own advice, and if you "can't let it go" and want to continue your argument about arguing, take it to PM.

As for who insults who, you don't see "ON PROBATION" under my name.
Oh, given your performance in the other thread, I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. Put in enough like that, the mods'll catch up to you sooner or later.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-16-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
So here's a suggestion: why not try following your own advice, and if you "can't let it go" and want to continue your argument about arguing, take it to PM.

Oh, given your performance in the other thread, I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. Put in enough like that, the mods'll catch up to you sooner or later.
You couldn't have proved my point any better if I'd sent you a script. I *can* let it go, and will after this response. Just like in the aforementioned thread, after 3 responses its obvious you weren't interested in discussing the point (E39 M5's status of "best" vs. the E55's lack of said status) so I conceded the argument to your posting endurance and moved on.

And as promised, this will be my last post to you in this thread. As for the mods, I think they are very well aware of who needs moderating and who does not. Some people are able to discuss, argue, and spar without resorting to juvenile tactics like name calling - and some are not. Adios!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Thinking between a GTR or C63? This may help you decide: