Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG ML 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63
Sexy are you driving a 06-4.8is? Because if you are not there is no comparison to the other X5s. The 4.8is was supposed to be the "M" X5. It got all the M equipment the M5 did. The M suspension, the guages the steering wheel, the full leather interior etc etc. Even the 07 X5 4.8i is not as good as the 4.8is.
WHY BMW did this no one knows. Even the my salesman buddy and my friend who is the Manager there told me not to buy another X5 until BMW comes out with the M version which has been heavily rumored for the last year.
So if you arent driving the 4.8is then be careful on the comparisons IF you are driving the 4.8is then your comments are something I need to think about your comments .
Old 10-19-2008, 12:06 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
sorry paul, I'm driving the X5, 3.0 sport and I'm going on the basics here, like the turning radius, ease of electronics, seats( BMWs seats are great!), visibility from the drivers seat ( which sucks in the BMW), command unit(great in the ML), gear shifter( i remember reading on the BMWs forum how they complained about the shifter on the column but man not only is it a space saver it's much easier to use on the ML) the digital readout on the dash in the ML is larger and easier to read and it's straight ahead as opposed to the BMWs which is off center and takes you eye's off the road. i think the comparison between the ML550 and the X5 4.8 is a better comparison, the ML63 is so much better than the X5 4.8 IT'S RIDICULOUS! i love the exterior on the X5, love the exterior on the ML63, like the exterior on the ML550. the X5 I'm driving lunges when i put it in park(that sucks, feels like I'm not in control) the tranny also shifts like crap, it's not consistent( IT'S MORE CONSISTENT IN SPORT MODE, BUT SUCKS DOWN THE GAS)
Old 10-19-2008, 03:27 PM

AMG C63
Well the 4.8is is a different animal. Whats funny about this big ole V8 is I can put it at 75 in cruise and get 24mpg with it too. Best gas milage I have got with such a big motor.
Like I said the 4.8is was Supposed to be the MX5 but the M division didnt like that market division was going to put an M badge on the SAV. There was a big fight and the M division won. The 4.8is went out as specified but no M badge.
BUT the marketing division wouldnt quit. So soon there is going to be a MX5 or what ever they are going to call it. and it will probably have the 4.0 twin turbo motor with over 400 hp. Still short of the AMG ML
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by paulGT3
Well the 4.8is is a different animal. Whats funny about this big ole V8 is I can put it at 75 in cruise and get 24mpg with it too. Best gas milage I have got with such a big motor.
Like I said the 4.8is was Supposed to be the MX5 but the M division didnt like that market division was going to put an M badge on the SAV. There was a big fight and the M division won. The 4.8is went out as specified but no M badge.
BUT the marketing division wouldnt quit. So soon there is going to be a MX5 or what ever they are going to call it. and it will probably have the 4.0 twin turbo motor with over 400 hp. Still short of the AMG ML
X is definitely a wonderful car. I still love the ML more..

But it was lonely, so I bought this...

Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Thats a georgeous E92 M3.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by yooker
Thats a georgeous E92 M3.
Thanks. She is a ton of fun.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:26 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
love the color, that blue is sick............
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 PM

AMG C63
I like it too. BLue is just so out of the ordinary.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
It turns a lot of heads. I stopped in to see my MB dealer to get an AMG plate for the truck and my sales guy was like, "Why did you do that" why didn't you buy the C63. I chuckled and politely said, "it doesn't come in two door, stick and isn't track ready". He tried to disprove that theory by taking me for a ride in an obsidian black/blue? C63 I don't know what color it was, looked blue, but was black. Powerful little beast but squirley as hell. Nice ride, seats were nice. But again, no 6 Spd, the balance was little off, the brakes were meh, and after a few hard braking attempts, they started to squeal, just like my ML63. We pulled back into the lot, pulled into a spot, brakes squealed, I turned to look at my salesguy and said, here you go..
Old 10-23-2008, 06:57 PM

AMG C63
Idangeli
How can you say the C63 is not track ready. Thats a false statement.
I am tracking it next weekend. I believe having tracked three different 911s including 2 GT3s the C63 IS track worthy. Moreso than a new M3 with cooked brakes. The M3 is NO track worthy without a pad change and fluid change at a minimum. More likey a complete brake system upgrade is necessary.
Like I said in the other thread I am a POC member and go to willow springs and Button willow and california speedway.
How many times have you been on the track with a AMG? thats the only way you can qualify that statement.
And how many times have you tracked your M3. I know the answer to that one already.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Idangeli
How can you say the C63 is not track ready. Thats a false statement.
I am tracking it next weekend. I believe having tracked three different 911s including 2 GT3s the C63 IS track worthy. Moreso than a new M3 with cooked brakes. The M3 is NO track worthy without a pad change and fluid change at a minimum. More likey a complete brake system upgrade is necessary.
Like I said in the other thread I am a POC member and go to willow springs and Button willow and california speedway.
How many times have you been on the track with a AMG? thats the only way you can qualify that statement.
And how many times have you tracked your M3. I know the answer to that one already.
Well, PAUL, since you don't know me well enough to make statements like that, I will clarify. I used to track my CLK55 all the time, heavily moded of course, because of the recirculated ball steering, shabby brakes, less than worthy suspension and no anti torsion / strut bars. I also used to track my 993TT, which was sponsored by one of the companies I own. Oh yeah, I will be tracking my ML63 this weekend in NJ and oh yeah, I bought the M3 2 weeks ago and already tracked it in Delaware. So, no, I have not tracked a C63, but have tracked numerous vehicles and although the brakes on the M may be "substandard" as you claim, I found more than enough make up in the ability to control my steering. Even my AMG rep at my dealer agreed that the M3 out of the box was a better track car then the C and he used to race Lemans. And I didn't say the C63 wasn't track ready. I merely repeated statements of other rag tags, C&D, R&T, speed week, etc, etc, whom all compared the C, M, S4, C2S, and ALL stated the M and C2S were better track cars, but again, the source from the other post indicated the C63 was superfluous in every aspect so THEY must be absolute.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Idangeli..
Why are you hangin around the C63 boards? You say in other threads how great both cars are, but , for your needs, the M3 suits you better. Now you are wanting to impose your needs onto all of us! Everyone here already knows the M3 is geared for the track (sans brakes) and not for daily driving prowess. The C63 is also great on the track, if only a hair less proficient than the M3 in stock form. But for a car not living its life only at the track, the C63 seems to have a decided advantage.
You keep interjecting your NEGATIVE "opinion", and in such a NEGATIVE tone, that you come off as a C basher or a closet wannabe C63 owner.
You might be more welcome on the ML boards where you can talk about your ML.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Idangeli..
Why are you hangin around the C63 boards? You say in other threads how great both cars are, but , for your needs, the M3 suits you better. Now you are wanting to impose your needs onto all of us! Everyone here already knows the M3 is geared for the track (sans brakes) and not for daily driving prowess. The C63 is also great on the track, if only a hair less proficient than the M3 in stock form. But for a car not living its life only at the track, the C63 seems to have a decided advantage.
You keep interjecting your NEGATIVE "opinion", and in such a NEGATIVE tone, that you come off as a C basher or a closet wannabe C63 owner.
You might be more welcome on the ML boards where you can talk about your ML.
Read th title of this post..
Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by ldangeli
Read th title of this post..
Uhhhhh, this post is in the C63 forum.....
Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Uhhhhh, this post is in the C63 forum.....
So you are saying you NEVER leave the c63 post to comment on anything else???
Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
I've visited M3 boards, but not to give negative feedback. Only to learn about other cars. I don't infuse negative tone or unsupportive opinion onto a forum where owners or enthusiasts are looking for constructive responses....
Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I've visited M3 boards, but not to give negative feedback. Only to learn about other cars. I don't infuse negative tone or unsupportive opinion onto a forum where owners or enthusiasts are looking for constructive responses....
Um, if you think I had negative tone I apologize. But I really don't. I think most of the rhetoric reposted here over and over again has negative tone written all over it. Actually I've seen some of your own posts with negative tone so no pot calling the kettle black.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
I only have negative tone when there is too much subjectivity and harsh opinions on the superiority of this car or that. Show me one of my posts that speaks negatively about another car, especially an M3 or RS4. Once again, any negativeness in my tone is at the author, not the vehicle.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I only have negative tone when there is too much subjectivity and harsh opinions on the superiority of this car or that. Show me one of my posts that speaks negatively about another car, especially an M3 or RS4. Once again, any negativeness in my tone is at the author, not the vehicle.
Sort of like the perceived negative tone I had for the original attack on me saying the C63 wasn't track ready. Which I never did. Of all the things I said, two door, stick, and track ready, all that has been attacked is how I think the c63 isn't track ready. ALL Ms, AMGs Porsches, S cars, all are track ready I suppose. Some more than others. I DID say the C63 was very squirely.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM

AMG C63
Strafe seems to be a character trait of M3 drivers.

Iganeli you drove a AMG 55 that has nothing to do with the AMG C63
its the first AMG designed from the ground up by AMG with mercedes so
unless you have tracked the C63 any other experience is not valid.
I dont care what ever else you have tracked it doesnt apply to the C63.
I have tracked a 993TT a 996 Gt3 and a 997 GT3 that has NOTHING to do wether the C63 is trackable and the statement about your AMG rep
I dont believe that for ONE second. I dont believe he would say that.
I have driven both HARD and there is NO way a AMG rep would side with the M3.

If you have tracked your M3 TWICE you would know its NOT trackable unless you changed the pads and the fluid and most likely changed the whole system-calipers and all!
How did you do that?
Or were you only doing parage laps?
AND WHY would you track your ML?
Something dont smell right.

I agree with Strafe if you want to go shout out how good the M3 is go to the M3 boards.

Last edited by paulGT3; 10-23-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE

Iganeli you drove a AMG 55 that has nothing to do with the AMG C63
its the first AMG designed from the ground up by AMG with mercedes so
unless you have tracked the C63 any other experience is not valid.
I dont care what ever else you have tracked it doesnt apply to the C63.
I have tracked a 993TT a 996 Gt3 and a 997 GT3 that has NOTHING to do wether the C63 is trackable and the statement about your AMG rep
I dont believe that for ONE second. I dont believe he would say that.
I have driven both HARD and there is NO way a AMG rep would side with the M3.

If you have tracked your M3 TWICE you would know its NOT trackable unless you changed the pads and the fluid and most likely changed the whole system-calipers and all!
How did you do that?
Or were you only doing parage laps?
AND WHY would you track your ML?
Something dont smell right.

I agree with Strafe if you want to go shout out how good the M3 is go to the M3 boards.
I just can't, its like dealing with children. No one is shouting about anything, except for you guys. Your right, my track experience has nothing to do with the C63. You asked me if I ever tracked any cars and I have. Thats it, nothing more. You originally asked about the ML or replacement, that was the idea of the post. Your first post was attacking M3 owners. Because I own both I disagreed. But then, because I disagreed with a article posted in another forum, you start trolling and attacking my credibility?

I give up, you guys win. Good luck tracking the C63, I am sure she's gonna be a blast.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:01 AM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Is this good or bad?...I don't follow.