Any Canadians attending AMG Test Drive in Dallas Nov 11-14

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
There'd better be a NEXT one!!
OK! Ok! I will let you once I know more info about that!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Where can I find info about the next one coming up?? I don't get my car till May
Old 01-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by Merc63
Where can I find info about the next one coming up?? I don't get my car till May
Go check with your local dealer, cause they let me know last time!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 AM

ML 320 CDI
AMG Events

Hi Guys!

At this time we are not sure if there will be another event this year, however, we have announced the schedule for the Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy, and we also confirmed the cars for this season, they include the SLK55 AMG, CLS63 AMG and the C63 AMG. The day gives you more track time than the AMG days in that we do not share cars, and we limited the day to 12 participants.

We will be at Mosport and Tremblant in the spring before we head west and visit Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

Hope to see you at the track!

Danny
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cf...nguage=English
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MBDA/27059284204
Old 02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by AMG Instructor
Hi Guys!

At this time we are not sure if there will be another event this year, however, we have announced the schedule for the Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy, and we also confirmed the cars for this season, they include the SLK55 AMG, CLS63 AMG and the C63 AMG. The day gives you more track time than the AMG days in that we do not share cars, and we limited the day to 12 participants.

We will be at Mosport and Tremblant in the spring before we head west and visit Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

Hope to see you at the track!

Danny
Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Hey Danny, hope your winter has been a productive one, would you know when you are holding the Tremblant event, and are the three AMG models you mentioned going to be there, what about cost, any info would be great as the event in Dallas was an amazing experience, you guys were phenomenal and it was impeccably organized, I will look forward to seeing you guys this summer.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Thanks for the heads-up.

They said they will having the event in Vancouver around June!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM

ML 320 CDI
Hey Nick,

Our "off-season" always seems to be too short, but we are looking forward to another very busy year. We already have lots of enrollment of the various courses we offer. Our first courses of the year are our 1/2 winter driving courses with all 4-matic cars during the Toronto autoshow. Dates are Feb 17 and 18 pricing is a special promotion at $250. We will be at Mont Tremblant - one of the best tracks in the world on May 7 and 8. We will have the three AMG models along with a variety of other Mercedes-Benz products. Like Dallas, you will get to drive all the cars. We limit this program to 12 participants and 12 cars, so tons of track time (more than double that of Dallas). Cost is $1595.

Hope to see some of you guys at one of the track days!

Danny
Old 02-02-2009, 07:00 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Hey Nick,

Our "off-season" always seems to be too short, but we are looking forward to another very busy year. We already have lots of enrollment of the various courses we offer. Our first courses of the year are our 1/2 winter driving courses with all 4-matic cars during the Toronto autoshow. Dates are Feb 17 and 18 pricing is a special promotion at $250. We will be at Mont Tremblant - one of the best tracks in the world on May 7 and 8. We will have the three AMG models along with a variety of other Mercedes-Benz products. Like Dallas, you will get to drive all the cars. We limit this program to 12 participants and 12 cars, so tons of track time (more than double that of Dallas). Cost is $1595.

Hope to see some of you guys at one of the track days!

Danny
Will there be a winter driving course in Vancouver???
Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 PM

ML 320 CDI
We will offer a winter course in Vancouver next winter.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Hey Nick,

Our "off-season" always seems to be too short, but we are looking forward to another very busy year. We already have lots of enrollment of the various courses we offer. Our first courses of the year are our 1/2 winter driving courses with all 4-matic cars during the Toronto autoshow. Dates are Feb 17 and 18 pricing is a special promotion at $250.

Danny
Hey Danny it's Chris also from the Dallas trip in Nicks Group, when you gave me the plaque you said something along the lines of "You pushed the car full force from the very first corner" let alone in a S63 followed by the SL

Anyways I just looked at some flights to Toronto for the winter course and may drop in with a friend since we could use a trip out east, esp the streets of St Laurent and Denis in YUL.

Do you mind giving us a few more details on this morning session in a couple weeks? IS it on a frozen lake aka the Porsche winter events?

Once again Texas was a blast and I still feel if the ESP ain't saving me I ain't taken those 500+ hp to the limit
Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by kokinos
Hey Danny it's Chris also from the Dallas trip in Nicks Group, when you gave me the plaque you said something along the lines of "You pushed the car full force from the very first corner" let alone in a S63 followed by the SL

Anyways I just looked at some flights to Toronto for the winter course and may drop in with a friend since we could use a trip out east, esp the streets of St Laurent and Denis in YUL.

Do you mind giving us a few more details on this morning session in a couple weeks? IS it on a frozen lake aka the Porsche winter events?

Once again Texas was a blast and I still feel if the ESP ain't saving me I ain't taken those 500+ hp to the limit
Hey Chris! Hows it going? Brings back memories doesnt it!?! Revving those big burly V8 and the school girl giggles with it! Anyway, waiting for another one of those events, hopefully its the same place, cars and people.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Hey Chris! Hows it going? Brings back memories doesnt it!?! Revving those big burly V8 and the school girl giggles with it! Anyway, waiting for another one of those events, hopefully its the same place, cars and people.
I can't wait for that happen!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
id love to attend one of these sessions but id prefer to do it in another city.
i dont think it would be as fun driving the AMG at mission raceway.

is there an AMG specific event where we only drive AMG cars?
maybe a 65? hehe
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM

ML 320 CDI
Hi guys,

here are some answers to the questions that have come up:

The winter driving program in February runs in conjunctions with the Canadian International Auto Show. It will be conducted on one of the big parking lots at Ontario Place. Think of it as our Driving Experience Course - but tailored to winter driving. We are looking to do a full blown winter course on frozen lakes etc. next winter - we will see if we can make that happen. Feb 17 is sold out, Feb 18 has spots open right now. If you are planning to attend the auto show, start the day with some driving, let us shuttle you to the show and pick you up again (so you save on parking.... ) We have a few Dallas guests already signed up.

AMG Events - At this time we do not know if they will happen this year. We have our fingers crossed but ultimately the decision comes from Germany. However, our Mastering Performance course will exceed your expectations. The course is limited to 12 participants and 12 cars - no waiting around, just lots of driving. Becasue of the small class sizes, courses are filling up quickly. If you would like to attend don't wait too long with registration, some courses are already at 80% full! Cost is $1595 includes breakfast and lunch.

Here are a couple of links for you:

On our facebook page we post the photos of the event and have all the schedules posted there, you can become a fan if you have a facebook account or, you can view it without an account

The Mercedes-Benz corporate website is being expanded and updated, check back often for updates

All of our instructors from Dallas will be with us again this year, so if you attend an event you will see the same familiar faces.

Look forward to seeing you at the track this year!

Danny

Last edited by AMG Instructor; 02-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:55 PM

ML 320 CDI
Hi Guys!

Things are busy, we have had the first 5 track days already, three at Mosport and two at Mont Tremblant. We are heading West at the beginning of June stopping in Thunder Bay and Saskatoon for dealer days and then Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver before we head East again. The demand for courses has been great, lots of bookings already.

We have already seen six guests that came to Dallas and they loved this program, think about this, more seat time than we had in Dallas! Currently the only date that we have spots left at Tremblant is Oct 6th, everything else is sold out. We are adding more dates but do have several spots on the current dates we have booked.

We offer group rates for those that are interested in booking a full day.

Check out our facebook site as we will start putting up some in-car (C63) video of the various tracks we visit.

I am off to Spa-Francochamps for an AMG event there on May 25 and 26, then off to the AMG factory for meetings and a tour! I will let you know how that goes!

Danny
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Somehow, life as an AMG Instructor doesn't seem too shabby.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 AM

09 C63
Do you have anything for Americans?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:10 AM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
What is the date for Vancouver??
Old 05-13-2009, 03:52 AM

C63
Originally Posted by lee7758
What is the date for Vancouver??
I AM DEFINITELY GOING !! YOU BETTER CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
I would go but i dont have 2k to fork out
Old 05-14-2009, 01:24 AM

ML 320 CDI
The Mission date is June 30, we have about half the spaces still available, Calgary is June 22 with about half the spaces available, Edmonton is June 19 and we have 2 spots left. Hope to see you at one of the tracks!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 AM

ML 320 CDI
Sorry, did not answer that the only courses are in Canada, we do have a number of American guests join us at the various locations we visit. Hope that helps!

Danny