Confused with tuners here.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m5, c63
Confused with tuners here.

I have been following these posts idlely for a while now as well as reading the m5 posts. There seems to be a big issue on the M5 side with MHP and their service to a fellow with a m5 - read the drama for yourself.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ning-m6-3.html

and then you look at Over Budget on this forum and the same type of shyte happens with him and VRP

is this what this "tuner" world is like - the people who claim the most give the most headaches??

Paying an extra 1000 for Renntech or a couple thousand less for Kleeman makes a lot more sense - If someone can show me one negative post from Kleeman and especially Renntech people - let me see it because i have seen nothing.

Why would anyone want to pay more for a couple rear wheel numbers and risk any kind of headache, not to mention warranty issues if somethign does go wrong?

am i far off base here?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 AM

AMG C63
Holy TunerFish Batman. Seems to me paying more for this tune doesn't seem like such a good idea. I was given a very good recommendation for Brad at Evosport from a VERY knowledgeable Porsche buddy of mine in the Bay area. Looks like I will keep my ECU in California.
That way the shipping issues dont become a problem.
I dont know if a TCU tune is necessary now.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:08 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by The Batman
I have been following these posts idlely for a while now as well as reading the m5 posts. There seems to be a big issue on the M5 side with MHP and their service to a fellow with a m5 - read the drama for yourself.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ning-m6-3.html

and then you look at Over Budget on this forum and the same type of shyte happens with him and VRP

is this what this "tuner" world is like - the people who claim the most give the most headaches??

Paying an extra 1000 for Renntech or a couple thousand less for Kleeman makes a lot more sense - If someone can show me one negative post from Kleeman and especially Renntech people - let me see it because i have seen nothing.

Why would anyone want to pay more for a couple rear wheel numbers and risk any kind of headache, not to mention warranty issues if somethign does go wrong?

am i far off base here?

Yes you're off base and with one post most likely a troll. We had a shipping issue with UPS/FedEx in which over a dozen engine and trans controllers were shipped to the wrong address due to a faulty barcode reader which the shipper has admitted to. The majority were found and shipped to their rightful owners, the rest are supposed to be here by Monday. If they don't arrive we'll begin the long arduous ordeal of filing the insurance claims and sicking our legal counsel on them. In the meantime as not to make our affected customers wait any longer we will buy spare units, reflash them and send them out next week. Eventually we'll recoup the $ lost in this ordeal but if you've ever dealt with UPS/FedEx claim's depts you'd know why we're so frustrated. Deception and deferral is what they do best. The simple fact is that this situation could've happened to anyone, we just "lucked out".
Are you stating that an evo tune won't void your warranty but ours will?

We shipped 3 MB ECU/TCU combos Fri alone, those units will be in the owners hands later today as the shipping issue was resolved immediately thereafter.

Weak attempt at stirring the pot.

FWIW at least we've never been accused of what was posted in posts #93 and #95:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...765post3128765

Last edited by MHP; 10-25-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
Yes you're off base and with one post most likely a troll. We had a shipping issue with UPS/FedEx in which over a dozen engine and trans controllers were shipped to the wrong address due to a faulty barcode reader which the shipper has admitted to. The majority were found and shipped to their rightful owners, the rest are supposed to be here by Monday. If they don't arrive we'll begin the long arduous ordeal of filing the insurance claims and sicking our legal counsel on them. In the meantime as not to make our affected customers wait any longer we will buy spare units, reflash them and send them out next week. Eventually we'll recoup the $ lost in this ordeal but if you've ever dealt with UPS/FedEx claim's depts you'd know why we're so frustrated. Deception and deferral is what they do best.
Are you stating that an evo tune won't void your warranty but ours will?

We shipped 3 MB ECU/TCU combos Fri alone, those units will be in the owners hands later today as the shipping issue was resolved immediately thereafter.

Weak attempt at stirring the pot.
I hope you learned your lesson : "STICK TO USPS"

I dont know why people use Fedex/UPS.

Stick to USPS never had a problem with them and they are the fastest and never heard of them losing ****.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:27 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Gondon

Stick to USPS never had a problem with them and they are the fastest and never heard of them losing ****.
Trust me, Lesson Learned.

Hell it was so bad that we even had incoming packages returned to sender (jrcarts came back 3x before they got it in our hands), something smacks of a new driver.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
Trust me, Lesson Learned.

Hell it was so bad that we even had incoming packages returned to sender (jrcarts came back 3x before they got it in our hands), something smacks of a new driver.
I've sent close to about 1000 packages through USPS in the last year using "Priority Mail" arrives in 2-3 days. Not one lost

But who knows, whenever I order anything from Ebay in the past and the seller ships via Fedex/USPS those drivers always have the famous line "we rang your doorbell, but no one was home" yea right haha.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:52 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I've sent close to about 1000 packages through USPS in the last year using "Priority Mail" arrives in 2-3 days. Not one lost

But who knows, whenever I order anything from Ebay in the past and the seller ships via Fedex/USPS those drivers always have the famous line "we rang your doorbell, but no one was home" yea right haha.
We may have to look into the Postal Service. I know it's much easier and cheaper to ship parts internationally with them as well. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 AM

CLK Black

You are out of your mind. Fastest ha ha ha ha ha......

Why do people use FedEx and UPS? Because they ship millions of packages all over the world every day with minimal problems.

I have had HUGE problems with the USPS and their customer service is classic of former government agencies.

Great if you are sending letters pennies at a time. Would never use them for something of value or sending packages around the world.

oh and we ship thousands of packages a day worldwide.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Were is Batman?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned

m5, c63
I guess it comes down to reputation - unfortunatly the stats say it takes 10 good reviews to cancel out one negative.

Renntech / Kleeman offer a warrently with their product - i am not saying anything about the MB warrenty.

as far as i know mhp offers money back - how does that work? you send you ECU back you reflash it and then refund the money?

Nothing personal about any companies i am just trying to inform people of the issues at hand.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:12 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I guess it comes down to reputation - unfortunatly the stats say it takes 10 good reviews to cancel out one negative.

Renntech / Kleeman offer a warrently with their product - i am not saying anything about the MB warrenty.

as far as i know mhp offers money back - how does that work? you send you ECU back you reflash it and then refund the money?

Nothing personal about any companies i am just trying to inform people of the issues at hand.
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee, and warranty v2 tuning on 63s for 3/36 as well.
Yes, if a customer is dissatisfied they simply send us their ECU/TCU with MHP tuning, we reflash it to stock and then ship it back.

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

m5, c63
First i have heard of the warranty - someone update the 63 Tuner and Mods spreadsheet

Andy - with all respect you do seem to be willing and competent its just the M5 issue really was a black eye - PR is huge in this faceless business - i would recommend you post on the M5 board the issues and the solution and get Mav to agree - that would do wonders on that end.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
First i have heard of the warranty - someone update the 63 Tuner and Mods spreadsheet

Andy - with all respect you do seem to be willing and competent its just the M5 issue really was a black eye - PR is huge in this faceless business - i would recommend you post on the M5 board the issues and the solution and get Mav to agree - that would do wonders on that end.
Mario and I speak nearly everyday on the phone and are on the same page as far as what needs to be done. We're tuning his brothers S63 in the next two weeks if that tells you anything.
I agree the events were unfortunate but we made a generous offer that Mario accepted as compensation as soon as the scale of the shipping mishap was realized. In fact we did the same for all our customers in the same boat, even though again, it was not a MHP issue, it was a FedEx/UPS issue.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Batman: Just to be official, I have never said anything bad about VRP. You have individually determined that. As I have stated before, my car became more of a development project for them which I wasn't expecting, but in return they have treated me great, given me a smoking deal, and I have another vehicle to use during the process. If you want to call that "shyte", that is your right...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by paulGT3
Holy TunerFish Batman. Seems to me paying more for this tune doesn't seem like such a good idea. I was given a very good recommendation for Brad at Evosport from a VERY knowledgeable Porsche buddy of mine in the Bay area. Looks like I will keep my ECU in California.
That way the shipping issues dont become a problem.
I dont know if a TCU tune is necessary now.
Thanks Paul for the nice words! This is the way evosport generally works. You will not see us on every thread or posting back and forth. We just stay busy with the tons of personal referrals and repeat business that we do!

And as to not seeing anything negative about certain vendors, that is not true. There are negative posts about EVERYONE on the net. Some are 100% true, some are 100% false and most have the truth somewhere in the middle. The sad reality is that people use the net to "blackmail" vendors, they use shills or aliases to promote things acting as real customers, they use these same people to bash competitors with false stories. IN reality, you should believe about 10% of what you read and my best advice - pick up the phone, and call the people you might work with. You will get a feel for who you vibe with, and trust your instincts!

Thanks
brad
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 AM

c63
For any newbies working with Modern Horesepower here’s my $.02-

I recently purchased the MHP V1 (now upgraded to V2) tune that Modern Horsepower offers for my new C63. As they state, it definitely improves the driving experience. I also picked up the other requirements that MHP suggested that be purchased as well. I was skeptical at first as most people are; shelling out some hard earned $$ to modify your car which also wasn’t inexpensive. What probably made me decide on which tune to buy; was from some previous car mods.

On the recent 2 cars I had, I either went with the low end or another popular manufacturer tune which ended up resulting in headaches and/or terrible customer service. Keeping names anonymous I went with a high end nitrous system for my Z06 along with a header /tune package. Shipments, lacked pieces and parts for the full install at my local shop. When I called the company to ask questions about the install, the tech seemed inexperienced with the product they were selling. I later sold the Z06 to pickup a M5. Great car! I added an exhaust, which the company replaced with a new model 2 weeks later. I wasn’t informed about this or given the ability to upgrade for a minimal charge. I was kinda pissed about that.

I found MHP on another board and consulted via phone and email for a couple hours to learn more about tuning prior to buying. I would agree with Brad, and that you really need to consult before buying to make sure you really get and understand what your buying. I have had a couple lawyer buddies that I meet up with for car shows on the weekend use Modern Horsepower for parts and tuning. No complaints from what I hear.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:37 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
IN reality, you should believe about 10% of what you read and my best advice - pick up the phone, and call the people you might work with. You will get a feel for who you vibe with, and trust your instincts!

Thanks
brad
Amen!!!