Vancouver BC meetup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Vancouver BC meetup?

Anyone up for a vancouver bc meet up before the cars go into storage>?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Storage? What's that? LOL...
Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by yooker
Anyone up for a vancouver bc meet up before the cars go into storage>?
You mean you wont be driving it this winter?! I assume you don't enjoy power sliding on snow that much..
Old 11-07-2008, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by mrtesting
You mean you wont be driving it this winter?! I assume you don't enjoy power sliding on snow that much..
I would drive it in the winter if I had winter tires, but on second thoughts I don't wanna risk having other people with worn out all season/winter or even summer tires sliding into me. Just because I have them on doesn't mean everyone else does as well. Not a risk I am willing to take.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I'd love to meet up, but I'm only going to begin the negotiation process at the dealership tomorrow. If it's going to take 2 or 3 months to get the car I want (which is likely), I'll be driving my S4 still this winter. Perhaps that's a blessing in disguise.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:08 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
I would drive it in the winter if I had winter tires, but on second thoughts I don't wanna risk having other people with worn out all season/winter or even summer tires sliding into me. Just because I have them on doesn't mean everyone else does as well. Not a risk I am willing to take.
Fair enough..
Old 11-07-2008, 10:41 PM

E92 335i&X6M
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I'd love to meet up, but I'm only going to begin the negotiation process at the dealership tomorrow. If it's going to take 2 or 3 months to get the car I want (which is likely), I'll be driving my S4 still this winter. Perhaps that's a blessing in disguise.
i was told by Vancouver or say it Burnaby Benz that if I order now, it will arrive van around May 2009
how can you get your order so fast?

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2008, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by blitzpower
i was told by Vancouver or say it Burnaby Benz that if I order now, it will arrive van around May 2009
That's exactly what I was told by the guys at the Broadway dealership too...but the Richmond dealership...they've got some kind of magic happening there. They actually have two white ones in stock! Just sitting there! One with the PP even! These are the same people telling me it is likely I can get a C63 (in the colour I want) in a couple of months...let's hope they're not just making it up!

Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 AM

E92 335i&X6M
That's exactly what I was told by the guys at the Broadway dealership too...but the Richmond dealership...they've got some kind of magic happening there. They actually have two white ones in stock! Just sitting there! One with the PP even! These are the same people telling me it is likely I can get a C63 (in the colour I want) in a couple of months...let's hope they're not just making it up!

one of the white c63 without PP is my buddy's order, but he lost his DL and at the same time he is moving back to china, thats why he backed out.
again, I am 100% sure that richmond benz is just making it up, after 3 months they will tell u there is a delay or whatever bull****, it happened to my friends a lot, with an e55, an sl63.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
my car wouldnt go anywhere in the snow.. imagine the C63
Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 AM

997.2 Turbo

Thats total BS man. You might as well wait for an 2010 model. Either that or I go across the street to Brian Jessel and get an 2008 M3 with 8k off and 0.9% financing.

I love the C63 but waiting this long really irritates me
Old 11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
My deposit was put down at April and My car arrived in mid october
Old 11-10-2008, 07:40 PM

C63 AMG
mine is said to arrive at the end of this week, but i got suspended for 90 days just last weekend, I'm so screwed up now
Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 PM

997.2 Turbo
Originally Posted by muddphuck
mine is said to arrive at the end of this week, but i got suspended for 90 days just last weekend, I'm so screwed up now
Congrats.

Where did you order it from? Colour? Specs?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM

STi
I am with you. If I had one, I wouldn't drive it in the winter either.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:50 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG ME
Congrats.

Where did you order it from? Colour? Specs?
Richmond, Metallic Paint Black with PP and AMG package, everything except maybe usb interface? I forgot. >.<
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I'm curious as to why some of you are so hesitant to drive the C63 in the winter. With proper snow tires and a bit of restraint on the throttle, it can't be that bad, can it?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM

STi
I'm curious as to why some of you are so hesitant to drive the C63 in the winter. With proper snow tires and a bit of restraint on the throttle, it can't be that bad, can it?
Salt + water = rust quicker, eventually.
Salt = small stone, which isn't good for the paint.
That just me about driving any car in the winter.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by bluert
Salt + water = rust quicker, eventually.
Salt = small stone, which isn't good for the paint.
That just me about driving any car in the winter.
LOL

Okay, okay...I thought for a moment it was a performance-related reason.

Anyway, I'd agree, it's better to drive the beater when the weather turns bad.

(From what I understand in perusing these boards, for some of you, your C63 IS your beater!)
Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 PM

997.2 Turbo
Originally Posted by muddphuck
Richmond, Metallic Paint Black with PP and AMG package, everything except maybe usb interface? I forgot. >.<
Awesome..please post pics asap. Hopefully you got the new mirrors!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Thats total BS man. You might as well wait for an 2010 model. Either that or I go across the street to Brian Jessel and get an 2008 M3 with 8k off and 0.9% financing.

There is an 09 C63 Palladium with black leather, premium package sitting on the dealer floor here in Ottawa, they just got it last week, if interested they ship to B.C.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 PM

E92 335i&X6M

you can now get $12k off on 08 M3, but 09's new Idrive really rocks.
anyway, i test drove a c63 in richmond last week, I think i really need to reconsidering my choice now. The whole car just give me a feel that something will lose control if i go hard turns. But the straight line is fast. Loved the torque, seats are awesome. Tranny sux....a big time i mean(compare to DCT). The true thing is this car makes feel old...(I am 26.5 ATM). After test drove C63, M3(manual/DCT),IS-F(its a joke), friend's GTR(wtf warranty), I think the best FOR ME is the M3 with DCT now. But I will wait a bit to decide.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:21 PM

E92 335i&X6M
btw Sebingsilver you ordered urs yet?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
btw Sebingsilver you ordered urs yet?
Yes, Tenorite Grey with the premium package but not the performance package. They said it'll be a January build, with delivery expected in February. But from everything I'm reading on this board, I'm not optimistic. Oh well, I'll just wait and see.

Interestingly, I also popped by the BMW dealership on Cambie Road on the weekend, and they only have one 4-door M3 left now (in the '08s, I mean), and it's in the bright red colour that I don't think I can live with. I was quite impressed with the much better legroom in the back seat of the M3 compared to my current S4. I know, it's not the first consideration for most of us when buying a sports sedan, but legroom in the rear is pretty important to me, otherwise I might as well just buy a 2-door sports car like an R8 or something.

You think the M3 is a better compromise than the C63? I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 11-11-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:55 PM

E92 335i&X6M
Yes, Tenorite Grey with the premium package but not the performance package. They said it'll be a January build, with delivery expected in February. But from everything I'm reading on this board, I'm not optimistic. Oh well, I'll just wait and see.

Interestingly, I also popped by the BMW dealership on Cambie Road on the weekend, and they only have one 4-door M3 left now (in the '08s, I mean), and it's in the bright red colour that I don't think I can live with. I was quite impressed with the much better legroom in the back seat of the M3 compared to my current S4. I know, it's not the first consideration for most of us when buying a sports sedan, but legroom in the rear is pretty important to me, otherwise I might as well just buy a 2-door sports car like an R8 or something.

You think the M3 is a better compromise than the C63? I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
For me, Im looking for a daily driver which can do "some" track days as well, the M3 just fit better for me.
M3 Pros for me only:
better handling
better tranny( only my own opinion)
M/I drive system on 09s are really awesome.
Higher reving engine=more fun in the track, but I love the torque in C63 which i would love to have in daily driving.
lower weight, well, not that light.
Better steering feel.
Better gas mileage, uh, not that important for me tho, but its nice to be better.
EDC is really nice to have.

Both are awesome cars, you cant go wrong with both of them. I just felt that im still a little too young to drive the C63.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vancouver BC meetup?