C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerchip flash ECU done (Best Bang For Your Bucks)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by nrgy
^^^ I'm am really anxious to see a dyno of your car with all your current mods...it sounds like a beast. Any plans to hit the strip anytime soon?
+1 do a dyno and in 5th if posible
Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
My last dyno was 461, which was with the new exhaust with resonators but not the new software. The Aussies pulled 5kw extra on their latest version, so we'll see what we get. Just the thought of 470+ hp at the wheels gets me a little sprung. I'm ready to run it, we just have to find time on the dyno... Ain't that always the case?

Josh
Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Ape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Oh yeah, how could I forget this tasty little tidbit? He found the transmission maps!!! He started with dropping the shift delay from .5sec down to .2sec and that makes an incredible difference in how it cracks off both up- and downshifts, especially in Manual. Oh, god the downshift barks from 5-4 and 4-3 give me goosebumps (especially with the new exhaust). He's looking into the other maps and making changes over the next few days.
Josh
Is this not the same thing that MHP has been doing for the last year or so and calling it a TCU tune? If so then it sounds to me as if MHP obviously has been tuning the ECU as claimed and the questions surrounding whether or not they were stealing another tuners work would be again in question, but now in MHPs favor. It sounds (per the quoted post) that PC just now found the maps for the shifting characteristics of the car.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
only 15+whp from your flash Vadim.. isn't that little?
On a completely stock E63, C63s are different due to the TB opening limitations from AMG.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Question!

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Thanks for the support!

Our C63 customers are loving it!

Anyone looking to do this, feel free to contact me anytime!

Thanks
Brad

Brad: Can you do the install locally in So. California? What is the price?

Thanks in advance!

Phil
Old 03-19-2009, 04:44 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Does Powerchip have a handheld tuner to save the stock file and to flash their updated file?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Being the lucky sucker with the beta car and the new flash, I have to say the new file is fantastic. I've had it in the car for a couple days now and I didn't think a flash update would make this much of an improvement. I was running the mid-December flash, and the new one feels appreciably faster. The midrange is way stronger. On the highway I was in 5th gear (Manual) at about 85 and it pulled way harder than I expected. It felt like 4th used to at that speed. Sick. Putting the trans into sport and punching it at highway speeds is Ree. Tart. Tid. It jams you back into the seat and it feels like an elastic band stretching out. Keeping it floored until about 150 and dropping off the gas practically threw me into the belts from the wind resistance slowing the car, but the motor pulls so hard it disappears under hard acceleration. I have to give huge props to Jeremy at Powerchip for really digging into the maps and letting this beast off it's leash.

Oh yeah, how could I forget this tasty little tidbit? He found the transmission maps!!! He started with dropping the shift delay from .5sec down to .2sec and that makes an incredible difference in how it cracks off both up- and downshifts, especially in Manual. Oh, god the downshift barks from 5-4 and 4-3 give me goosebumps (especially with the new exhaust). He's looking into the other maps and making changes over the next few days. I'm sooooooo excited to test this weekend's flash...

Yes, you should be jealous.

Josh
WOW that improvment in the shift delay is reason enough for me to get this, I am very excited... Does anyone know where I can get this done in MIAMI??
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Transmission Maps??? .......hmmmmm, I'm pretty sure I was told that was impossible by Powerchip when Andy was making those claims, now they are claiming to offer it? Does anyone smell something fishy?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by jrcart
Transmission Maps??? .......hmmmmm, I'm pretty sure I was told that was impossible by Powerchip when Andy was making those claims, now they are claiming to offer it? Does anyone smell something fishy?
Yup, a little birdie tells me the shiz is going to hit the fan.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
I smell a stinker comin....
Old 03-20-2009, 12:23 PM

C63 09' LSD traded for 2010 GT-R
I have 3k miles on my car since the RENNtech V2 tune and no negative effects or engine lights. Still pulls strong.

This is the best performance $$ return I have had on a mod to date.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Yup, a little birdie tells me the shiz is going to hit the fan.
Yep, I can put 2 and 2 together, as can 99% of the people on this board. I am not making any accusations just yet, but I am demanding some answers and not really getting any.

I really hate being caught in the middle of this garbage, all I want is a fast car, being caught in the middle of all this other crap is taking it's toll on me.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Yep, I can put 2 and 2 together, as can 99% of the people on this board. I am not making any accusations just yet, but I am demanding some answers and not really getting any.

I really hate being caught in the middle of this garbage, all I want is a fast car, being caught in the middle of all this other crap is taking it's toll on me.
so jim what tune u running now pc ecu/tcu or mhp ecu/tcu. Or they the same?
Old 03-20-2009, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

+1 Powerchip and others were claiming no tranny map changes or even tranny characteristic changes (shift speed, firmness, etc...) is possible from their tuning what so ever (aside maybe better throttle response on initial WOT)..... until of course the controversy your car caused a few months back

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-20-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I wish someone would have admitted my bum file mistake. Brad has posted twice in the last couple of months about a mistake or glitch with Powerchip. I say go for it guys, it only cost me 30k. I would love to see PC defend themselves on this site someday! I do owe them props for causing me to switch to a RENNTech tune that is faster and stronger!

Last edited by BENZGal; 03-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well we are gonna find out in about 4 hours what Powerchip can do. I am less than 100 miles from Firebird Raceway where I will be running my car tonight. Car should go 11.0 or quicker, if not we are foing to have some issues.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well we are gonna find out in about 4 hours what Powerchip can do. I am less than 100 miles from Firebird Raceway where I will be running my car tonight. Car should go 11.0 or quicker, if not we are foing to have some issues.
I would be more worried about the long run. None the less, I wish you luck tonight. I would never wish a blown engine on anyone, and hope they have improved their product. It's OK to make a mistake as long as you take ownership of it. RENNTech has a warranty!!!!!! They are also going to retune the car to get a little more out of it. I can also run 109 race fuel without changing the ECU.
Go show us what you got Jim!!'

Last edited by BENZGal; 03-20-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BENZGal
I would be more worried about the long run. None the less, I wish you luck tonight. I would never wish a blown engine on anyone, and hope they have improved their product. It's OK to make a mistake as long as you take ownership of it. RENNTech has a warranty!!!!!! They are also going to retune the car to get a little more out of it. I can also run 109 race fuel without changing the ECU.
Go show us what you got Jim!!'
...this has been a trip from hell for me, after cancelled flights, missed flights, cars not being ready and missing my Houston event, now I just got done replacing the fuel filter in my hauler...I guess the mountains were not what was making me go so slow it was the fuel filter....back on the road should be pulling into the track in a little bit to see what kind of hand Powerchip and Evosport dealt me. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
...this has been a trip from hell for me, after cancelled flights, missed flights, cars not being ready and missing my Houston event, now I just got done replacing the fuel filter in my hauler...I guess the mountains were not what was making me go so slow it was the fuel filter....back on the road should be pulling into the track in a little bit to see what kind of hand Powerchip and Evosport dealt me. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck and please keep us updated Jim....
Old 03-21-2009, 12:46 AM

09' C63 AMG
Where can I purchase the Renntech ECU tune?

Does renntech offer anything else besides ecu tunning for the C63?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Traveling is a pain even when all goes well! That sucks! How did you do?

DaGS1800- I shipped my car to them in Florida but they have dealers all over, and some dealerships offer their parts. Call Bob @ 561-845-7888. They offer many things that are not listed on their site.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
soooo did you hit the 10 mark or not this time?
Old 03-22-2009, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mthis
soooo did you hit the 10 mark or not this time?
No, he got their late due to the mountains, and then was held up even more by tech inspection He got to make a couple of runs, and they resulted in mid 11s I believe

He's working on adjusting a few things in the car, and running again at Speedworld.

Good luck Jim
Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 AM

12 Panamera S
Powerchip with Evosports

I am planning to get a 2009 C63 next month and would like to get some confirmations on the following:

a) has anyone flashed the ECU with Evosport Powechip package (v1, v2 or v3) and confirm the 80+ hp gains (beside Evosport's own dyno results). there are too many threads going on saying 'it works' or 'it does not work -- only 15 hp'. Preferably, it is a So. California resident so i know he/she is using 91 oct gas. .

b) Anyone who knows a good deal for a C63 at any of the so. calif MB dealers? please don't refer FJ, they want to charge me the price of E63 for a C63. How much discount can i expect below MSRP at this terrible market condition now? I have read from $4K to $9K (not sure if they are east coast or west coast discount).

c) Can Evosport flash the ECU at its location on the same day or do they have to send it away for a couple of days?

d) do I have to break in the car before I flash the ECU? Also, do i have to Dyno tune the car in order to get the maximum output from the flash?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Zhecks
Old 03-22-2009, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by zhecks
I am planning to get a 2009 C63 next month and would like to get some confirmations on the following:

a) has anyone flashed the ECU with Evosport Powechip package (v1, v2 or v3) and confirm the 80+ hp gains (beside Evosport's own dyno results). there are too many threads going on saying 'it works' or 'it does not work -- only 15 hp'. Preferably, it is a So. California resident so i know he/she is using 91 oct gas. .

b) Anyone who knows a good deal for a C63 at any of the so. calif MB dealers? please don't refer FJ, they want to charge me the price of E63 for a C63. How much discount can i expect below MSRP at this terrible market condition now? I have read from $4K to $9K (not sure if they are east coast or west coast discount).

c) Can Evosport flash the ECU at its location on the same day or do they have to send it away for a couple of days?

d) do I have to break in the car before I flash the ECU? Also, do i have to Dyno tune the car in order to get the maximum output from the flash?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Zhecks

this is ganna be a good one i cant wait and see who answers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Powerchip flash ECU done (Best Bang For Your Bucks)