Sponsored by:

Coilover questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Coilover questions...

I have a few questions for those running the KW V3 coilovers, or anyone else with coilover experience.

From what I understand, the height is adjustable on these by simply threading the collar up or down. Can this be done with them already installed on the car? I'm assuming one would just need to remove the wheel to get at it.

Also, adjusting the damper on the front suspension one just needs to pop the hood to access the knob, right? I'm guessing the knob pops through where the black cap is located on the shock mount?

What about the rear suspension? I do not see any easy access points to adjust the damper in the rear on the C63. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
07 C63, 23 G63
Yep, coilovers can be adjusted installed on the car. You just need to take the wheel off, use the spanner tool to loosen the seat, then adjust accordingly. You would adjust the dampening with the knob on top of the coilovers, unless you have remote resevoirs, or if the adjustment knob is inverted in the bottom for easier access (rears). Rear coilovers are always a pain to adjust. You'll have to remove some of the paneling in the trunk.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. These are definatley on my list then, as it would be great to be able to adjust the suspension for different situations (ie. drag racing, road coarse, etc).

I did lift up the spare tire cover but did not see any access point. But I didn't go through too much trouble trying to locate it. Not sure if the KW V3s are inverted.