Sponsored by:

Windshield blocking TollTag signals?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63 steel grey
Windshield blocking TollTag signals?

I noticed I have to slow way down now through tollbooths in order to trigger the booth sensors - sometimes to like 30mph or less. In my other car(s) I can blast through them at around 60. Anyone else notice this? Is there something different about the C63 windshields?

Just curious - anytime I need slow down it just means I get to mash on the gas again.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
passcheco

Yeah considering its 25MPH (its a toll both for crying a lound) 30 its darn good.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by tyanger
I noticed I have to slow way down now through tollbooths in order to trigger the booth sensors - sometimes to like 30mph or less. In my other car(s) I can blast through them at around 60. Anyone else notice this? Is there something different about the C63 windshields?

Just curious - anytime I need slow down it just means I get to mash on the gas again.
You have an IR coated windshield. There are only certain places on the windshield that will allow your fasttrack or transponder to be read. Its in the users manual.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:25 PM

I can't afford
You can put it on the sunroof. I had to do that with some of my cars back in the day. Just clip it on to the shade and you're good to go.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by Satan
You can put it on the sunroof. I had to do that with some of my cars back in the day. Just clip it on to the shade and you're good to go.
Uhm there is no need to do that. If you read the manual, you wiill see that right above the rear view mirror on the windshield there is a place to put the transponder.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:18 PM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Uhm there is no need to do that. If you read the manual, you wiill see that right above the rear view mirror on the windshield there is a place to put the transponder.
Exactly
I put mine on the black area on the windshield next to the rear view mirrors on the passenger side works fine.