AMG Performance Package is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi s4
AMG Performance Package is it worth it?

Hi,

New to the thread. I currently have a 06 s4 25 anniversary and am going to trade in on a C63. Right now they have two cars that I want, one has the performance package and one does not. I know Im going to lower and change the wheels out immidiatly.

So is it worth it to buy the one with the package or not?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
The performance package is neither lower (or not supposed to be anyway) nor does it come with different wheels if that's what you're asking.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
hcy

2009 c63 white,2006 s4
In the performance package u will have limited slip diff, upgraded suspension n better brakes, carbon interior and a different steering wheel. The only is gd about the pp is just the LSD. Well if u well track this car get the pp if not, normal c63 will make u happy.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
I would say it depends on if you plan on tracking it or not. The PP was not important to me because I do not plan on anything other then spirited street driving which the base set up is more then enough for me there.
Is it even the full PP that they have in stock, I know others are much closer to this subject and will weigh in, but I believe that many of the cars that came in with the PP were missing parts of the promised package (i.e. the steering wheel)
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hcy
In the performance package u will have limited slip diff, upgraded suspension n better brakes, carbon interior and a different steering wheel. The only is gd about the pp is just the LSD. Well if u well track this car get the pp if not, normal c63 will make u happy.
Absolutely 100% worth it, I even drove my friends non pp c63 even he admits its better! The brakes and suspension much better, the ride is not too stiff at all don’t listen to all the BS. The steering wheel is siick, that is what I have gotten the most complements for when showing people my interior. The LSD is a must, launching the car is much easier, and driving is more fun with the ablility the LSD give you. The carbon fiber is just opinion; you don’t have to get it if u don’t like it, I have the aluminum trim with my pp package.
Of course a normal C63 would make anyone happy, but that doesnt justify that the pp package is not worth it. And the pp package is not only worth it just because you track!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 PM

AMG C63
it is worth it for the LSD. The suspension only has 10% stiffer springs. I dont know if I would call that an upgrade.
But all in all the LSD is the prize you want out of the Cracker Jacks
Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by jsx-star
Hi,

New to the thread. I currently have a 06 s4 25 anniversary and am going to trade in on a C63. Right now they have two cars that I want, one has the performance package and one does not. I know Im going to lower and change the wheels out immidiatly.

Thanks!
I also have an '06 Audi S4 (non-25th Anniversary), and although my first intention was to trade in the S4 for the C63, I've decided to keep the S4 in addition to the Mercedes. I can't imagine not having something fun to drive when the winter season comes around up here in Canada.

For what it's worth, the C63 I ordered isn't going to be equipped with the Performance Package, and that's the way I want it. To each his own...

Trending Topics

Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM

audi s4
Thanks for the input guys.

DaGS1800, I agree about the stearing wheel. My Dad has a E63 and jsut swapped his out for the flatbottom wheel.

Both cars come in in the next week or two. Im still undecided so I think im just going to have to drive them. I can say that I am not going to track the car so most likely I will go without the PP but who knows.

Thanks again
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Someone mentioned that the brakes are better. Does that mean for non-track use, it will stop shorter?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 PM

2006 Audi 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster
Originally Posted by Sincity
Someone mentioned that the brakes are better. Does that mean for non-track use, it will stop shorter?
It's 2 pieces rotors with Aluminum hub, so it's lighter than stock rotors.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM

2009 C63 AMG / 2009 Nissan GT-R / 1988 Ferrari 328 / 1977 Maserati Bora
Originally Posted by Sincity
Will not stop shorter (and if it does then the difference is immaterial). Lighter weight and better cooling will come with the two piece brakes.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:09 AM

Check sig!
Hell yeah!

Alex

Hi,

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Thanks for the input guys.

DaGS1800, I agree about the stearing wheel. My Dad has a E63 and jsut swapped his out for the flatbottom wheel.

Both cars come in in the next week or two. Im still undecided so I think im just going to have to drive them. I can say that I am not going to track the car so most likely I will go without the PP but who knows.

Thanks again
If you are not tracking, no need to spend the extra coin, i just came back from an AMG driving event in Dallas and I drove a C63 on the road course full tilt along with the instructors and I didnt fell it was lacking anything. The instructors as well loved the non PP, yes I know the PP has the upgrades and all, but from three days of thrashing these cars, the non PP was excellent. It was very impressive.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 1st amg
If you are not tracking, no need to spend the extra coin, i just came back from an AMG driving event in Dallas and I drove a C63 on the road course full tilt along with the instructors and I didnt fell it was lacking anything. The instructors as well loved the non PP, yes I know the PP has the upgrades and all, but from three days of thrashing these cars, the non PP was excellent. It was very impressive.
A refreshing post from one w/o the PP and only 535 miles on the beast. Figure I can always put on an aftermarket LSD if I wanted. Unfortunately by the time my break-in is over, we'll probably be in 2' of snow.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 PM

09 C63
I don't think it's worth it. Everything it provides you can find better aftermarket. Besides, I was only interested in the LSD which you can't get stand alone.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
For the low price of all of the upgraded parts, it is more then well worth it. You should ask yourself after spending 65K and just a few grand more you get a true soup - to - nuts performance car... Just my common 2cents : > )))

Its almost like a funny car with bicycle tires ( not quite but) why fall short of everything in a true Perf car.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:40 PM

Obsidian Black 2009 C63 with Complete Performance Package
Hands down, the performance package is a worthy option to add - great value for the components and the delivered performance improvement. I drove both versions of the C63 at length - and I significantly prefer the feel of the performance package - even as my daily commuter.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Obsidian C63
Hands down, the performance package is a worthy option to add - great value for the components and the delivered performance improvement. I drove both versions of the C63 at length - and I significantly prefer the feel of the performance package - even as my daily commuter.
100%

-Troy
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Obsidian C63

Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM

Looking for a new toy.
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I echo all the above. For the average Joe, who'll visit a track rarely (if at all), the non PP works just fine. And for the average Joe, with below average roads (and ours are brutal), the non PP will fit the bill even better. Especially if you intend to use the car as a daily driver, as will be the case with for me.