Sponsored by:

Media Interface Consumer Cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lotus 7 S4, 09 C63 Palladium with Black leather interior
Media Interface Consumer Cable

Where abouts in the glove compartment is the plug for the cables for the Ipod and other storage devices so that the "media interface consumer cable" can be used? Also what shape is this plug and can anyone provide a photo.

Has anyone used it to transfer music from a memory stick to the hard drive of the car using the USB cable interface?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 AM

AMG C63
the Ipod connector just sits there in the glove box. You can miss it. its on the right side of the second deck.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:51 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by Fangster
Where abouts in the glove compartment is the plug for the cables for the Ipod and other storage devices so that the "media interface consumer cable" can be used? Also what shape is this plug and can anyone provide a photo.

Has anyone used it to transfer music from a memory stick to the hard drive of the car using the USB cable interface?
The media interface is in the inside, upper section of the glovebox. Saw this in a facelift ML. It has a unique plug that requires you to buy 'media interface' cables from MB parts store in order to use it. I really don't know why the cables don't come with the car.

You basically get a 1 x I-pod/i-phone connector, 1 x USB connector and 1 x Aux in connector. Can't tell you more about functionality until I receive my car sometime in Jan/Feb.