Sponsored by:

G35X to C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 E63S
G35X to C63

I'm in the process of negotiating a deal on a C63 and I have to say that my biggest concern is missing the '07 G35 that I will be trading in since it is simply the best car I have ever owned. Just wondering if anyone else here has gone from a G35 to a C63 and what their thoughts/impressions were after doing so. I have no doubt I will like the performance of the C63 much better and that is the main reason I want the MB but I am also thinking about interior comfort/conveniences/features that I might miss in the C63 (keyless entry/start, rear view cam/a bit bigger inside/etc).
Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Hi there,
I traded in an 07 G35x for my c63. My G was fully loaded with taxes was abt $43K.. after 45mins of going back & forth, the dealer gave me $23K. (I just dont have the time & energy to try to sell the car privately)
I have 1 complaint abt the G.. The gas mileage sucked..I avg abt 15/16mph (this is before realizing I only get 9mph from the C - city driving). Great car otherwise...
I bought the G cause it had the push button start and the key less thing.. Rear view camera was superb too..If you parallel park in tight spaces i.e. streets of NYC you'll know what I mean. Wish the C63 had it.
I wasn't in the market for a new car until a friend took me for a test ddrive. We first drove a m3.. great car!!!! tons of adjustments, etc. We then went to test the C63.. I fell in love with it before even the drive. The sound got me hooked!
I wont go into the attributes of the C as I'm sure u hve done the research.
Comfort wise, in the beginning the ride was harsh (I dont have the stiffer springs). The car feels much softer now, not sure if I getting use to the ride or the car 'smoothed' out?
The G has better seat memory thing for entering/exiting.
You're scarifying convenience for power and that glorious sound
If you're a mild manner/low key guy like me.. the C will bring out the hoodlum in you!!

If you can afford it.. do it.. u wont regret it
Old 11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Java
Hi there,
I traded in an 07 G35x for my c63. My G was fully loaded with taxes was abt $43K.. after 45mins of going back & forth, the dealer gave me $23K. (I just dont have the time & energy to try to sell the car privately)
I have 1 complaint abt the G.. The gas mileage sucked..I avg abt 15/16mph (this is before realizing I only get 9mph from the C - city driving). Great car otherwise...
I bought the G cause it had the push button start and the key less thing.. Rear view camera was superb too..If you parallel park in tight spaces i.e. streets of NYC you'll know what I mean. Wish the C63 had it.
I wasn't in the market for a new car until a friend took me for a test ddrive. We first drove a m3.. great car!!!! tons of adjustments, etc. We then went to test the C63.. I fell in love with it before even the drive. The sound got me hooked!
I wont go into the attributes of the C as I'm sure u hve done the research.
Comfort wise, in the beginning the ride was harsh (I dont have the stiffer springs). The car feels much softer now, not sure if I getting use to the ride or the car 'smoothed' out?
The G has better seat memory thing for entering/exiting.
You're scarifying convenience for power and that glorious sound
If you're a mild manner/low key guy like me.. the C will bring out the hoodlum in you!!

If you can afford it.. do it.. u wont regret it
and you'll get more girls
Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 AM

AMG C63 S
I left behind a '03 G35, just 35K miles on it. It was a wonderful car with nav and everything. But... the C63 is not only more powerful, it has a real personality that the G35 did not. You will miss a few things, gain a few things in the process. I am getting the rearview camera added to my C63 as we speak.

If cars were girlfriends, the G35 would be Anne Hathaway... sweet, pleasant, pretty, and intelligent. The C63 would be Carmen Electra... fast, sleek, "more cachet", and way more fun to ride
Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 PM

C63
wow, i didnt knwo there are so many former G drivers in this forum.

i traded in my 04 g35 coupe fully loaded with some mods and rims for only 14k /cry...

so here is my story:
I ordered an audi s5 in the early april this year. I waited 5 months for the car, however, i've been thinking an alternative such as m3 or c63. So i went to a bimmer dealer to test drove the m3 and stuffs. i wasnt impressed cuz i test drove a m5 before that, and m3 interior really sucks. Then i went to the Mb dealer and told one of their salemen that I was going to get my s5 in 2 weeks at the time, the only thing thats able to pursuade me buying a c63 is if they give me a good price. the salesman didnt repond to me, he went get the key for c63 in the showroom, then came back, turned the ignition on and rev the engine. me and my friends were like holy shiet. So i got a good deal with them by getting 3k off the msrp.

anyway, driving a c63 is pure pleasure than driving a normal car. i dont consider my c63 a "normal car". the power is amazing, i feel like i couldnt handle it, especially when take off, my car fishtails alot! yes, my car has stone age technology, and the interior isnt that great. but me no care as long as its an amg built engine and its 450hp/440trq. my car has Performance package, so my ride is more stiff than others
Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM

C63
Originally Posted by MNL ICE
and you'll get more girls
c63 and c300 is the same to girls

if u wanna get girls, get a maserati GT or GTs, most beautiful car at its price
Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 PM

c63
Originally Posted by scarbrtj
If cars were girlfriends, the G35 would be Anne Hathaway... sweet, pleasant, pretty, and intelligent. The C63 would be Carmen Electra... fast, sleek, "more cachet", and way more fun to ride
Gee, my eyesight is getting pretty bad...
I read 'more cachet' as 'more chest'!!!!
LOL
Old 11-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 E63S
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up pulling the trigger on it earlier today ... just couldn't resist! Picking it up Saturday morning!

I am sure I'll miss the G a bit here and there but, what the hell, I can always get another one at some point down the road.

I definitely know what you guys mean about that exhaust note ... one of the best things about the car!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by wuyichao
c63 and c300 is the same to girls

if u wanna get girls, get a maserati GT or GTs, most beautiful car at its price
You think ????? Wanna really get the girls .....wear big shoes !!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
You think ????? Wanna really get the girls .....wear big shoes !!
LOL Elaine. You meant the ones on your feet and not on the car, right?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:19 PM

if I could afford a C63 Id get one right now.. heard it for the first time yesterday, i thought the engine startup sound itself was worth the price, and then revving it, damn.. u guys with the 63s have it good..
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 PM

09' C63 AMG
Thumbs up From G to C

Used to have and 03' G35 coupe with crazy mods, which includes full bodykit, Custom iforged 20in wheels, full audio system with dvd player, intake, headers, ecu chip, exhaust. The list goes on and on, that car was my pride n joy, i loved that thing!

However, after 5 years it was just time for a new car. (BTW i only had 42k miles after 5 years, and only got 12g's)

I wanted the M3 cause my G was manual and I wanted another manual, but after test driving the C63 there was no F'in comparison! This car is amazing, and coming from a heavily modded car, I don’t even want to touch this thing!.... yet, at least.

I must say that a G35 coupe is one of the best cars for the money; it is very well rounded with luxury, speed, and electronics. The C63 is amazing but a little over priced especially when its missing little things like folding mirrors, push button, keyless entry, 19in wheels... but you forget about that quick once you get it
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by Sincity
LOL Elaine. You meant the ones on your feet and not on the car, right?
Helloooooooo of course the ones on your feet girls couldnt care less about the shoes on a car ....18s , 19s , 20s ...though bigger is certainly better
Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
G35

Is size 12's big enough? Course, I think that my gas pedal foot is bigger than my other one. Strange... LOL :o)

Seriously, I drove my biz partner's G35, and while it is nice, it lacks the dominant alpha-dawg personality of the C63 and even my C32 kompressor will walk all over it. With the C63 you don't even need a stereo cause the engine makes its own music. I am still getting used to the new C-Klasse styling. It looks too Maybach-ish to me. That said I am starting to warm up to it, but cannot say I like it yet. I think the new M3 V8 is prettier and I don't even like Beemers. I wish the C63 could be had in the flaming Red of my old car instead of the more muted Rosey Red available, but all that is nitt picky minutia compared to the big lump of a glorious engine it has.

Where the G35 is a Poodle - classy sophisticated, even elegant, the C63 is a Rottwieller with a diamond collar. Handsome, friendly, worldly but don't pi$$ it off, lol... Irish
Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 AM

C63
my c63 yields 14mpg while my g35 does 22mpg, city/highway driving

maybe my c63's mpg improves after break in?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 PM

09 C63 steel grey
Let us know how that works out for you
Old 11-16-2008, 07:41 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
Is size 12's big enough? Course, I think that my gas pedal foot is bigger than my other one. Strange... LOL :o)
Ummmmm more than enough !!!!!