"AMG C63 Dusts an M3..." Autobile magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Ive driven both and Id STILL like to see this verified very simply. Will someone in North NJ/NY/PA take this guy up on his offer?

1 stock C63 vs 1 stock M3
3 runs from a stop
3 runs from a 40-xxx

Switch drivers. Repeat.

Add a camera and a some ladies for eye candy and youve got yourself the most downloaded video in MBWorld history.
Eye candy.... Got to do it soon, between the weather and the car going in for new exhaust and some other mods, it will be unavailable until spring.....
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Lou, I will only show up if you bring the girl in your avatar with you!!!
Ah........ Memories.... We don't talk anymore. Long story. Long and short is, we were open to "seeing other people", when I started to do so, she got mad, disappeared, then came back to be "friends" and is now can't do that.. I just wanted friends with benies..
Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 PM
passcheco

If was not in California I would be there to watch " I don't want to booboo my car"

"Boy,...oh boy what is in this coffee? J.P Morgan
Old 11-18-2008, 06:12 PM

C63
lol, i think i need to do more hw before i buy another car
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM

AMG C63
OK Lets go through this one more time. Its much easier to get more HP out of a Turbo engine because the engineers have to design the final setup for all kinds of situations. Weather, low boost,different quality of gas, etc etc.
Tuners can narrow down the situations and get rid of all those situations and tune it up and up the boost and get more power. Most turbos have 50hp or more left on the table.

Normally aspirated motors ESPECIALLY high performance motors like the Porsche GT3 or the BMW M3 are high strung and run at high RPMs. Typically you will pay LARGE amounts of dineros to get a paltry 25 more horsepower or there around abouts from a tuner. Manthey-motors.de charges between 10-15 thousand dollars to get 25 horsepower on the Manthey 410 Kit for the 996 (04,05) 911 GT3. The M3 motor is high strung- as well redlining at 8200 rpm. Tuning that motor will be tricky and expensive for 20-30 hp.

The 6,208 CC AMG motor was purposely DETUNED to keep its place in the family hierarchy. Its dangerous for sales if your entry level C63 has more Hp that the $135K SL 63 AMG. So the SL 63 AMG has 517 and the C63 has 451 detuned hp. Its realitivly easy to get back that horsepower that was electronically taken away as well as the HP that is lost by a more restrictive exhaust. Design a more free flowing exhaust and you get that hp back.
Again the point of the post was that AUTOMOBILE Magazine said "the C63 will dust a M3 in a straight line. "
If you have a problem with that take it up with Automobliemag.com
Go to the contact us link and post away.
PLUS the M3 requires that you spend $3k on a proper brake package since the M3 has the same brakes as a Toyota RAV4 standard. It needs a proper multipiston caliper brake set.

Last edited by paulGT3; 11-18-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by passcheco
You got to be kidding a C63 dusting a M3? No way, I put my M3 x32-92/89/LOL/whatever (did I mentioned chiped)?against any C63 anytime except my of course
If you're serious, I'm your Huckleberry.

I'm having my car shipped out to Vegas in Jan to do some racing. I'll be stock longblock N/A with ECU/TCU. You can meet me in Vegas, right?

I'll also take on any M3 this weekend at MIR, or before/after, just put me in touch with an E92 owner that's willing to do the same.

Last edited by MHP; 11-19-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by paulGT3
OK Lets go through this one more time. Its much easier to get more HP out of a Turbo engine because the engineers have to design the final setup for all kinds of situations. Weather, low boost,different quality of gas, etc etc.
Tuners can narrow down the situations and get rid of all those situations and tune it up and up the boost and get more power. Most turbos have 50hp or more left on the table.

Normally aspirated motors ESPECIALLY high performance motors like the Porsche GT3 or the BMW M3 are high strung and run at high RPMs. Typically you will pay LARGE amounts of dineros to get a paltry 25 more horsepower or there around abouts from a tuner. Manthey-motors.de charges between 10-15 thousand dollars to get 25 horsepower on the Manthey 410 Kit for the 996 (04,05) 911 GT3. The M3 motor is high strung- as well redlining at 8200 rpm. Tuning that motor will be tricky and expensive for 20-30 hp.

The 6,208 CC AMG motor was purposely DETUNED to keep its place in the family hierarchy. Its dangerous for sales if your entry level C63 has more Hp that the $135K SL 63 AMG. So the SL 63 AMG has 517 and the C63 has 451 detuned hp. Its realitivly easy to get back that horsepower that was electronically taken away as well as the HP that is lost by a more restrictive exhaust. Design a more free flowing exhaust and you get that hp back.
Again the point of the post was that AUTOMOBILE Magazine said "the C63 will dust a M3 in a straight line. "
If you have a problem with that take it up with Automobliemag.com
Go to the contact us link and post away.
PLUS the M3 requires that you spend $3k on a proper brake package since the M3 has the same brakes as a Toyota RAV4 standard. It needs a proper multipiston caliper brake set.
It seems that it's becoming very difficult to post anything on the internet anymore that doesn't offend someone even if you have the best of intentions to be objective or informative.

It's too bad, really.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:06 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ldangeli
What about the flux capaciter?

If there is anyone in the Northern NJ area, I am game. I know off the line a C63 will spank me unless that individual gets a slippery start. The M is not a drag car, we all know this and those who think it is are The sheer hp and torque of the C63 give it the upper hand. The place to check it out is on a actual track. Most reviews give the M a very slight, and I mean VERY slight advantage through the twisties. But straight line sheer speed goes to the C63.
Come to MIR this sat if you can. We'll be running from 10am-5pm at a MBWorld track rental. Check the sticky in the 211 Forum for more details. We can run from a dig on track and from a roll at any speed. My present mods are our v2 ECU/TCU, CF Airboxes and drag radials. I have e-cutouts but SOTP says I lose a ****load of tq so they will remain shut--trust me, you can hear it when they're open.

I believe there will be at least one stock C63 there as well.

You are more than welcome to drive my car and let us tune your E92 after. There's some power in a E92 tune, but nothing like what's left in a C63. You can only do so much with 4L already spinning past 8k N/A.

Last edited by MHP; 11-19-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:09 AM

AMG C63
You got to be kidding a C63 dusting a M3? No way,
OK I will bite. Explain to me as a scientist how a car that weighs the same (within 2-300lbs) that is 140 foot pounds of torque down and 50 horsepower down is going to be faster than the more powerful car?
If you can show that we have some stealth projects you could work on here on base. We are always looking for the perpetual motion machine and how to get power out of nothing. Thats what BMW is doing.
Darnit except for those hosebags at Automobile magazine!!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 AM

AMG C63
Originally Posted by ldangeli
What about the flux capaciter?

If there is anyone in the Northern NJ area, I am game. I know off the line a C63 will spank me unless that individual gets a slippery start. The M is not a drag car, we all know this and those who think it is are The sheer hp and torque of the C63 give it the upper hand. The place to check it out is on a actual track. Most reviews give the M a very slight, and I mean VERY slight advantage through the twisties. But straight line sheer speed goes to the C63.
Idangeli what are you doing posting something that makes sense!!! Oh wait this isnt the M3post.board!!LOL you are free to post the truth HERE!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by MHP
Come to MIR this sat if you can. We'll be running from 10am-5pm at a MBWorld track rental. Check the sticky in the 211 Forum for more details. We can run from a dig on track and from a roll at any speed. My present mods are our v2 ECU/TCU, CF Airboxes and drag radials. I have e-cutouts but SOTP says I lose a ****load of tq so they will remain shut--trust me, you can hear it when they're open.

I believe there will be at least one stock C63 there as well.

You are more than welcome to drive my car and let us tune your E92 after. There's some power in a E92 tune, but nothing like what's left in a C63. You can only do so much with 4L already spinning past 8k N/A.
I'm probably not alone in wanting to know more (and I'm too lazy to do a search), but if you're putting down 436 hp at the wheels, what are you getting at the crank? What's this going to do to the warranty?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I'm probably not alone in wanting to know more (and I'm too lazy to do a search), but if you're putting down 436 hp at the wheels, what are you getting at the crank? What's this going to do to the warranty?

Thanks.
~530hp at the crank using 17.5% DT loss. In all likelyhood nothing to the warranty, the dealer can't tell what we've done, and we have even sold tuning directly via a well known MB dealer.

Here are the original threads for our Stage I package (ECU/TCU, filters, thermal intake gaskets) track and dyno, and one of a customer's objective test:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...k-results.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-graphs.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...yno-pulls.html
Old 11-19-2008, 12:32 AM

2005 E55
I know the 63 motor in the C class is easily tunable. But only being able to get 10 or 20hp out of the M3 is bull****. Turner already got 40hp to the rear wheels with primary cat delete and software tune. thats as good if not better than the 63 motor. The C63 is an amazing car but so is the M3. I just hate listening to people bash a great car for no reason.

Now if any of you 63 owners or m3 owners want to run let me know. My E55 is always up for it. Just wait alittle bit until im running about 610hp when i get my headers, pulley, software, and cooling upgrade. Screw it I wil race you stock too. LOL
Old 11-19-2008, 12:34 AM
passcheco

Botton line: I love this forum
Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Blownbenz
I know the 63 motor in the C class is easily tunable. But only being able to get 10 or 20hp out of the M3 is bull****. Turner already got 40hp to the rear wheels with primary cat delete and software tune. thats as good if not better than the 63 motor. The C63 is an amazing car but so is the M3. I just hate listening to people bash a great car for no reason.
We net 64rwhp and 30rwtq with just ECU/TCU tuning. Another member on this site netted 24 or 26rwhp (can't remember exactly sorry) by doing a cat delete on his otherwise bone stock C63.
Not saying the E92 isn't a great car, but it has nowhere near the straightline potential. N/A 6.2L with great heads > N/A 4.0L with great heads

Now if any of you 63 owners or m3 owners want to run let me know. My E55 is always up for it. Just wait alittle bit until im running about 610hp when i get my headers, pulley, software, and cooling upgrade. Screw it I wil race you stock too. LOL
If you're still stock come to MIR this Sat and I'll be glad to race you.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
We net 64rwhp and 30rwtq with just ECU/TCU tuning. Another member on this site netted 24 or 26rwhp (can't remember exactly sorry) by doing a cat delete on his otherwise bone stock C63.
Not saying the E92 isn't a great car, but it has nowhere near the straightline potential. 6.2L > 4.0L

If you're still stock come to MIR this Sat and I'll be glad to race you.
Yes the 63 is capable of more power. Thats not my point. My point is just that people are saying with major mods you are lucky to get 25hp out of a m3 and its just false. They are both great cars.

Where is MIR. Im assuming far from where I live because Ive never been there. By the way what are you bringing to the track?
Old 11-19-2008, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by MHP
~530hp at the crank using 17.5% DT loss. In all likelyhood nothing to the warranty, the dealer can't tell what we've done, and we have even sold tuning directly via a well known MB dealer.

Here are the original threads for our Stage I package (ECU/TCU, filters, thermal intake gaskets) track and dyno, and one of a customer's objective test:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...k-results.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-graphs.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...yno-pulls.html
Thank you!
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Yes the 63 is capable of more power. Thats not my point. My point is just that people are saying with major mods you are lucky to get 25hp out of a m3 and its just false. They are both great cars.

Where is MIR. Im assuming far from where I live because Ive never been there.
Maryland International Raceway in Mechanicsville, MD. It's a 8.5-9hr drive for me (CBus, OH).
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Thank you!
NP!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
Maryland International Raceway in Mechanicsville, MD. It's a 8.5-9hr drive for me (CBus, OH).
Maryland! Thats about 6 hours from me. To bad im always up for a ride to the track. The farthest i will drive is 3.5 hours though. I like Attco, new England Dragway, Lebannon valley and Englishtown. All under 3 hours from me. What are you bringing to the track. From the way your talking it sounds like I will need my mods first
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Maryland! Thats about 6 hours from me. To bad im always up for a ride to the track. The farthest i will drive is 3.5 hours though. I like Attco, new England Dragway, Lebannon valley and Englishtown. All under 3 hours from me. What are you bringing to the track. From the way your talking it sounds like I will need my mods first
I'll be running our ECU/TCU tuning, 180F T-stat, CF Airboxes and 18" DRs. I haven't been able to redyno since the addition of the airboxes but there was a SOTP difference so I'd say I'm safely making 440rw+ SAE in 5th (1:1) on 93 right now. By late Dec. I'll have a full Stage II package including our own SFI certified 63 UD pulley and a full exhaust (1 7/8" LTs with merge collectors, metallic substrate cats, 3" collectors to a full 3" catback with X-pipe and straight through mufflers). I fully expect to be making 480-500rw with a Stage II package on 93 octane with essentially just bolt-ons. That would be ~510-525rw on 100 octane.

There may be another track rental at ATCO in December if it happens I'll make it out for sure.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:57 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
I'll be running our ECU/TCU tuning, 180F T-stat, CF Airboxes and 18" DRs. I haven't been able to redyno since the addition of the airboxes but there was a SOTP difference so I'd say I'm safely making 440rw+ SAE in 5th (1:1) on 93 right now. By late Dec. I'll have a full Stage II package including our own SFI certified 63 UD pulley and a full exhaust (1 7/8" LTs with merge collectors, metallic substrate cats, 3" collectors to a full 3" catback with X-pipe and straight through mufflers). I fully expect to be making 480-500rw with a Stage II package on 93 octane with essentially just bolt-ons. That would be ~510-525rw on 100 octane.

There may be another track rental at ATCO in December if it happens I'll make it out for sure.
I guess i better get my mods done first. LOL. Im running 12.2s at 115mph right now stock. Im sure you will be dipping under 12s easily when your done. By the way was your 12.0 run stock? Thats really fast. I assume you have the P30 LSD right? That does help a good amount. I want to put one on my car pretty bad.

If you go to atco in december let me know i may be in if the weather is good. Ive never been to the track that late in the year though. Doesnt the cold weather kill your tire traction?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Go Team Andy
Old 11-19-2008, 01:01 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I guess i better get my mods done first. LOL. Im running 12.2s at 115mph right now stock. Im sure you will be dipping under 12s easily when your done. By the way was your 12.0 run stock? Thats really fast. I assume you have the P30 LSD right? That does help a good amount. I want to put one on my car pretty bad.
I'd like to see 11.7s out of the car as is (ECU/TCU/AirBoxes/DRs) @ 121-122 this weekend on 93 octane, 11.6s@123 on 100 (I'm bringing 105/VP MS109 so I can mix at the track and test both). Anything better than that would be icing on the cake. I ran the 12.0@118.8 with DRs and our v2 ECU/TCU tuning in positive DA air--so the only difference will be the boxes. I think we'll see negative 1000' or lower this weekend.

If you go to atco in december let me know i may be in if the weather is good. Ive never been to the track that late in the year though. Doesnt the cold weather kill your tire traction?
Will do! As long as it's 40F+ VHT will work and the track will hook, believe it or not the sun being out and warming the pad also helps this time of year.

Last edited by MHP; 11-19-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Go Team Andy
LOL, thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "AMG C63 Dusts an M3..." Autobile magazine