Sponsored by:

the IS-F you hate pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I'm not sure what the objective of your comment is. Just an observation? There are 100,000 users on this board and millions of posts. If you're talking in general, yes of course there will be comments that will disappoint. Did I mention there are 100,000 users on this board? If your comment was specific to this thread, then while I certainly will never support name-calling or personal attacks from anyone, coming to a MBZ board with the sole objective to instigate and start flame wars with another brand...you can't seriously be surprised with how people would respond. So I'm not sure who is more confused...you or me?

Needless to say, I have very little tolerance for this behavior. I have sent warnings where they are due.
My comment wasn't specific just to this thread, but I have only read a few threads thus far.

As I commented before, don't get me wrong, I don't think much of 8speeds comments either, but some of the comments towards him and the childish Toyota name calling are uncalled for.

I didn't come in here to flame anyone...in fact, if you read my earlier post, I did state that I am still considering a C63 as a replacement vehicle in the spring.

I don't believe any of the comments that I have thus far made were argumentitive or off side but if they were perceived that way I apologize.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by impr
Unfortunately, it seems that most people here have fallen for 8speed's amateur trolling.

CDNRockies, I am absolutely sure that most IS-F drivers are not like 8speed as I have a few friends who were early adopters of the lexus'. As for the some of responses in this thread, I again have to point out the first sentence of the second paragraph in my initial post within the thread. I guess like 8speed does not represent all is-f drivers the infantile banter from some here does not necessarily represent all the c63 drivers in the world either .

Having now glistened over my objection to his questionable statements regarding aerodynamics earlier without answer, some have fed the troll into monsterous proportions. He has taken on the visage of a equivocal GTR/Vette fanboy. Unfortunately, I don't proclaim to be here to stop the troll rather, it is a nice waste of time while waiting for my food to bake in the oven.

8speed may not be a teenager but his demeanor and generally childish responses to equally childish insults is a showcase if this one individual's intentions to get under some people's skin.

The very fact that 8speed feels that the very professional staff at Drivers Republic are 'cretin' reviewers and know nothing about cars showcases how little he knows on the subject of cars outside of magazine and internet blog bench racing. For the record the staff at Driver's Republic feature some of the European automotive journalism industry's vets who worked at a variety of reputable publications, and their testing procedures are some of the most interesting and technically sound comparisons. The sad thing is the internet enables youth these days to think that their voice is tantamount to gospel.

For a brief side by side comparison see:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/car47377fa80ea8e.html

Obviously the IS-F and C63 are very similar, with one car beating out another on different tracks, and separated by subjective qualities such as feel, appearance and real world drivability. As amazing as it may seem, some prefer (maybe for the wrong reasons ) either cars.

In regards to the cts-v being amazingly fast(regarding your other post), no one would deny it is, but other factors come into play such as, personal preference. The cts-v is undoubtedly markedly faster than the c63 on the ring, but would you mind linking your source information for a '30 second slower on the 'ring ' c63 laptime?
Don't mention the GTR...he has had multiple posts closed over that car...shhhh!

Like I said I love and respect the C63, but am also happy with the choice I made...as I'm sure we all are.

I will continue to see how the C63 develops and can't wait to test drive it in the spring.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
My comment wasn't specific just to this thread, but I have only read a few threads thus far.
Ok.

As I commented before, don't get me wrong, I don't think much of 8speeds comments either, but some of the comments towards him and the childish Toyota name calling are uncalled for.
I agree. I can understand the reasoning/defensive position by our members, but as I said I have sent warnings as it's no excuse for poor behavior.

I didn't come in here to flame anyone...in fact, if you read my earlier post, I did state that I am still considering a C63 as a replacement vehicle in the spring.

I don't believe any of the comments that I have thus far made were argumentitive or off side but if they were perceived that way I apologize.
I was not referring to you when I made that comment. Apologies if it came across that way.

At the end of the day (again, not targetted at you specifically), in general, people will treat you as you treat them. Respect them and they will respect you. Come blazing in with guns drawn...well, I think we can figure out how that story ends.

I'm all for discussing performance and competition but let's keep the name calling and personal attacks out of it.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
C63, M3, RS4 , IS-F...IMHO all cars are awesome....some of the drivers/owners are the one that sucks!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
mbworld vs 8speed
Old 11-25-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
mbworld vs 8speed
Ummm...you know how that movie turned out dont' you??....jk
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 PM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
Originally Posted by 8speeed
Dude, your M3 is a 13 second car at best and the only thing you will be passing on the freeway is your "other" car er C63 when it has to pull over to get gas because it only gets 12 mpg!!!!

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oyQS...eature=related

here's what I think about your little 4 liter!
If there was never an M3 there wouldnt be an IS-F or a C63. Thats just the facts.

The M3 will outperform the IS-F without breaking too much of a sweat.

Japanese sports cars just don't do it for me, they have no soul.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
this is true
Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM

bike
Do you have little man syndrome or something? What do you expect posting this in a C63 forum.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:37 AM

2009 E63 AMG
Man you guys are ruthless. What's the big deal? The IS-F is awesome. Who gives a crap if the exhaust in the bumper has a gap? I would love to have one of those cars.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
every magazine I read said the transmission and overall tracking experience =FAIL

I'm not much of a C63 fanboy or anything, but I'd rather take a C63 for sure.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
you post this in the C63 section ofcourse the car's gonna get flamed and bashed. Here's mine: Who buys a Japanese car over 30k? Or at all? LOL
Old 11-26-2008, 03:20 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by MNL ICE
C63, M3, RS4 , IS-F...IMHO all cars are awesome....some of the drivers/owners are the one that sucks!!!
+1...i'm with ice ice baby!!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by gsmps
If there was never an M3 there wouldnt be an IS-F or a C63. Thats just the facts.

The M3 will outperform the IS-F without breaking too much of a sweat.

Japanese sports cars just don't do it for me, they have no soul.
I can almost smack you for that comment. NSX remain one of the best sports car ever to date.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by FrankW
I can almost smack you for that comment. NSX remain one of the best sports car ever to date.
+1

Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 AM

Dude you drive a five year old car.....who can't afford what?

LOL......maybe you should let your "chic" drive that old piece as well!
hahahahhahahahah The excat response I expected. I never said you can't afford it, I said that you droped 70K and now you have a complex b/c people can't figure out why you did not want to buy a BMW or Merc.

To bad that my 5 year old car is much faster and dosen't look like a Toyota. hahahahahahah.

Her ML would give you a run for the money.

Listen folks Toyota gives you options:

Corolla
Corolla S
Corolla I-SF

Those are some good options.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 AM

03 C32 AMG
Old 11-26-2008, 07:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
hahahahhahahahah The excat response I expected. I never said you can't afford it, I said that you droped 70K and now you have a complex b/c people can't figure out why you did not want to buy a BMW or Merc.

To bad that my 5 year old car is much faster and dosen't look like a Toyota. hahahahahahah.

Her ML would give you a run for the money.

Listen folks Toyota gives you options:

Corolla
Corolla S
Corolla I-SF

Those are some good options.
50 more hp = much faster ?

please tell me you have the pulley, ecu, and headers. if not go out there and start modding

the last bit of your post is exactly what the "idiots" on each and every forum sounds like. when there's nothing more intelligent to say make fun of others.

of course with the last few post by 8speed I think he qualifies for the "idiot" position too.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:31 AM

50 more hp = much faster ?

please tell me you have the pulley, ecu, and headers. if not go out there and start modding

the last bit of your post is exactly what the "idiots" on each and every forum sounds like. when there's nothing more intelligent to say make fun of others.

of course with the last few post by 8speed I think he qualifies for the "idiot" position too.
From the Lexus website:

“Face-flattening acceleration is on tap with 416 hp [1] and over 371 lb-ft of torque [1] from the IS F's quad-cam aluminum 5.0-liter V8”

http://www.lexus.com/models/ISF/feat...rformance.html

The e55 has 469hp (underrated, go check the E55 forum) and 516lb feet of tq… So looking at the “numbers” I have 50 more hp and 145 more tq…. Not that big of a diff right?

Oh by the way, you won't see me starting crap on BMW, Audi, Toyota forums... Ask and you shall recive.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 AM

ppl who bought a Mercedes don't look at the car just by its performance..
Old 11-26-2008, 09:06 AM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
Benz-Daimler-Maybach has been designing cars since 1886, and started racing shortly after that.the first car to be sold with the MB emblem was sold in 1926. i love quality made vehicles with history and pride. thats why i drive a BENZ.economy in gas mileage is such a weak excuse for picking one car over another. I'd be damned if i bought a honda over my car, and i drive 100 miles a day.I'm not loaded with cash, but to me, i'd rather spend the extra cash each year for gas,insurance,and repairs. and as far as reliability,cars are a mechanical item, and working on your car is part of the love of owning something that gives you pleasure. kind of like having a family.hey 8speed, DON'T BE THAT GUY!enjoy your whips my fellow car junkies. and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:41 AM

C55
the IS-F is a fantastic car just the rest amg/m/rs, but you came here to bait people.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
WTF...why is everyone getting their car re-tuned????

Huh? Wouldn't you do the same if a tune unlocked the hidden power in your car? Just like overclocking PCs.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 AM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
I have nothing against the NSX, was my dream car back in '91.

My point is that I get alot more satisfaction from driving a fine european sports car, and that is a driving experience that The Japanese cannot duplicate no matter how hard they try.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the IS-F you hate pics