Sponsored by:

Quick thanks to Andy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CL600 Blk/Blk (09 C63 traded back- too small) 04 E55 sold
Quick thanks to Andy

It was well into the afternoon on Saturday at MIR where dozens of enthusiasts were making runs and sharing excitement about the day and the excellent conditions for breaking ET and MPH records when Andy arrived.

His C63 looked exactly like it had made the many hour trip from Ohio through early winter snow flurries and brief snow squalls on it's way to the track in Maryland. It was difficult to discern the dried salt spray from the Silver color of his car (when he drove past several of us icing down our intakes and checking our tire pressures) on his way to lining up for his first pass. He stopped long enough to register his car and get his helmet on before getting in line to make his first pass with basically a heat soaked engine and salty tires. I believe that his first run was an 11.66 and his next run soon after was the 11.59 run.

Now, with hours left to cool down, make adjustments, and make many more passes to strive for better times, Andy began helping others. Race gas went to the GTR owner for free. Advice went out to others who asked for assistance, and when he asked how I was doing, I said that I was having a great time and enjoying the day but that I had installed drag radials that were too tall to make great et's.

The next thing I knew, Andy offered me his drag radials to try for a couple of passses. Before I had time to decide, he had a floor jack going and drag radials were rolling my way. He also helped to stage me and insisted that I run a few times to get what would be my best time of the day (11.80). I returned the tires only to watch Andy tirelessly help others, customers or not, for the rest of the day. I believe his tires were on at least 2 or 3 other cars during the next hours of daylight while his car remained on a floor jack most of the time.

I know that there has been much said here both pro and con about Andy and MHP. I am simply telling what I saw and experienced first hand so that others can use this feedback to make informed decisions about who they may do business with.

I also want to sincerely thank Andy for the use of his tires, his total dedication to racing, and the fact that his customers and non-customers came before his business interests!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Andy is definately a true enthusiast! Good to hear that. He has been very helpful and active on the board.