Sponsored by:

My C63 carjacked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Darth Vader
Originally Posted by tanktube67
Good thing nothing happened to you, where that took place?
As its in the news I hope you don't mind me posting......

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/ne...-to.4750142.jp

M

Last edited by SuperCover; 12-02-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 AMG
Sorry to hear.

Good thing you are OK.

CRIME SUCKS
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 PM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Originally Posted by jtdominate
I beg to differ. Not only was it a stolen iPod (misdemeanor) but felony destruction of property so don't give me the "resources" excuse. My neighborhood was having a rash of kiddie car thefts at the time. I guess the resources would be better served prosecuting the homeowner who legally shot and mortally wounded the BG home invader who didn't have the chance to kill him first. Why don't you come to the real world and feel some responsibility next time "your department" fails to carry out its duty. So my tax dollars don't get to work for me until I'm the victim of a violent crime GTFOH

This comes from a guy who's been arrested as a result of a malicious call from a female claiming to have been assaulted. So I've seen where those resources get appropriated. And point blank it ain't going to the right places. The embarrassment and humiliation of going to trail for something that NEVER happened and wasting money on a snake..I mean.. lawyer to defend me on something I didn't do is ridiculous at best. Then when I try to recoup on the civil end, my case gets laughed out of court because the proper procedures were followed by her "police friends". Again GTFOH

I guess I work in a worse neighborhood than you live, because we have homicides, shootings and gangs that take priority over your ripped roof and stolen iPod.

And I guess next time someone calls and says that they've been assaulted, I'll just let the perp go because the complainant is probably lying right? It sounds like you have a problem with the US legal system and are misdirecting your anger towards the police.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:14 AM

'11 VW GTI
Sorry to hear about your carjacking, hopefully the thief is caught.

One thing that no one has mentioned yet, why didn't you meet in a public place instead of your house? That's the golden rule of private selling.

And the other thing that pops in my mind (and has been asked) is, how did he get to your house? Did someone drop him off or did he walk? I'm assuming there's no way he drove there, thereby leaving a car as evidence.

Last edited by jwoods986; 12-03-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:51 PM

This doesn't make sense how did he get there and why would you arrange a private sell at your house. Keep us posted.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
wow. that's like something you'd see in the movies. At least you weren't seriously hurt. Good cautionary tale though.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:42 AM
passcheco

As I said before you are one lucky guy. Look, it was nothing you could have done this was a planed job, its was the driveway it could have been anywhere it was just a matter of time and another thing now he knows where you live and who ever he works for it knows it too. Just let it go and move on.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 AM

I can't believe anyone would offer a off the street "buyer" a test drive. It is best to have your car on consignment or going through a broker to prevent things like this from happening.