Sponsored by:

My C63 carjacked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My C63 carjacked

Err.. yeah.. had it stolen from my driveway by a "buyer", who decided he'd like to run me down with my own car.

Fortunately I managed to jump out of the way in time.. tried getting into the passenger side as it accelerated off but had to give up as I realised I was about to be squashed against a wall.

Got a bump on the noggin as I hit the wall and hurt my hand as the car accelerated with me holding onto the handle.. Missus is pretty shaken up as she saw it all happening.

That was yesterday, to be fair the police arrived in 4 minutes and alerted all the local areas, were with me for 3-4 hours, dusted for prints etc. but I'd imagine it was in a container within minutes and on its way to UAE as we speak.

Take care out there when selling your C63
Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 AM

03 C32 AMG
damnn

thats sucks bro , hopefully your insurances covers everything . good luck!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Thats why I hate selling privately, such hassle's and it's dangerous. I always tend to trade-in. Good luck on getting it back, most likely it was some amateur who'll just take it for a ride and will get caught within the week.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:37 AM

997.2 Turbo
That sucks. I feel your pain....
Old 12-01-2008, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Just camp at your local gas stations.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:07 AM

that is just crazy.. you should have taken a gun with you...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 AM

AMG C63 S
this is when it'd be nice to either have on-star or put one of those GPS trackers on your car. bust that goofball's ****.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
That is crazy for sure. Ive only sold one car privately and luckily it was a kid and his dad, so I didnt think I had anything to worry about. Here's hoping they find it in good shape.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Sorry to hear about your car, that sucks.

You should have just called Roadside assistance, they can track via GPS your SOS system, this system is very difficult to disable and can even work off of a battery back-up when the battery is disconected.

In addition to the SOS I also installed a Lojack on my car, I can check the location of my car with my cell phone...pretty nifty
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM

c63 amg
There is almost no way to export a stolen car outside the US by sea or any other way. And c63 is defenetelly not the car anyone would steal for export. Trust me I know this. The car was stolen by the person who will just drive it around and then drop off or take it apart and sell part by part. but again c63 is not the car to make money on this sells. So only two options here, either you stole it yourself to get more money on insurance then you would selling it, otr it will be found somewhere soon, damaged or not.
In Ukraine this happens so often ...
Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
sh-t dude that suck. i hope everything goes well for you.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 AM

C63 Darth Vader
Oh!

Glad your not hurt too badly. Usually the aftershock can get you so beware and good luck with your recovery (you that is....not worried about the car)

Hopefully that was insured

Mark.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:34 AM
passcheco

Its too bad that s*** happens. I feel your pain. Hey, did you have tel-aid? they can find you car in 30 seconds( unless of course you did you are not in the US)
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM

just a story from experience..

a long long time ago, my fathers 560SEL was stolen during a 10min visit to a friend in Taiwan. he then called taxi center for help and giving a reward of 5,000 USD. luckily, the car was found next morning inside a contruction yard, surrounded by bunch of Taxi .. shortly after the robbers came back to pick up the car but did not dare to go any close.. I think they were out spending the cash my father had left in the car .. thats the only thing was missing..

now the worst part... the police came and told my fathers friend that the car has to be taken to the police station to take some protocols. the radio Hifi was then stolen and they even asked for money for finding the car..

after all my father was just glad to have the car back.

mike
Old 12-01-2008, 11:54 AM

Mustang
Wow! That's crazy. Glad you are okay as it sounds like it could have turned out really, really bad.

Where did this happen? (city/state)
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Forget the car...As long as you are safe. You are lucky he didnt pull a gun on you...

Another reason to apply for a concealed handgun permit, just in case!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Glad you are ok!

But be happy it is now sold (every cloud has a silver lining right?)! I figure your insurance company will give you more for the car than the market would have. But it is totally not how you wanted to have it happen. I always think twice before having people come look at my used cars but for some reason I always sell them my self. Your story makes me think twice!

Good luck with the insurance company!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 PM

C63 AMG
Agreed with all here, sorry to hear this.

Are you UK based or USA?

Did you get a chance to activate your Tracking System?

I think the main thing is thank god you or your wife are not harmed.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Manufacturer
Originally Posted by c63ukraine
There is almost no way to export a stolen car outside the US by sea or any other way. And c63 is defenetelly not the car anyone would steal for export. Trust me I know this. The car was stolen by the person who will just drive it around and then drop off or take it apart and sell part by part. but again c63 is not the car to make money on this sells. So only two options here, either you stole it yourself to get more money on insurance then you would selling it, otr it will be found somewhere soon, damaged or not.
In Ukraine this happens so often ...
If this is true please tell the port of Miami, Fl. USA security....where 100's of stolen cars are put in containers to be sent to our neighbors to the South and Middle East every year. Dozens are caught too !! Construction equipment is another "big seller " here.
Thank goodness you're OK but this is a daily occurance in major export ports.

jerry@corwheels.com
Old 12-01-2008, 01:31 PM

somethings better left unsaid ...
sorry to hear that ... does insurance cover theft ?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Wow! people are crazy! Glad to know that you are ok. If anything you should have just let it go and call the police. I don't think any material thing is worth risking your well being.

I think its time to go buy some pepper spray and a taser, brb lol
Old 12-01-2008, 03:21 PM

AMG C63
Our cars have locators on them why did you not call MB and have them track it right away?
where did this happen?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM

C63
Talk about BOLD. I can't imagine in your driveway!!!

This is the type of stuff I try and get my NRA-hating wife to read. I wouldn't call myself paranoid but I got a concealed carry license in the summer (anticipating an No-Bama victory) and have gotten used to carrying around the house. Current economic conditions will cause BG's to take more risk i.e. home invasions, car jacking, robberies. Therefore, I find myself walking around the house armed. I've had my run of bad luck and as long as there is an option don't wanna get caught with my pants down.

Glad to hear you didn't get seriously injured. I'm curious as to how far the police will go to track the cell number and other info.

Out of curiosity did he arrive at your house on foot or was someone driving him? I'm amazed at the police departments lack of thoroughness. I had someone cut the roof of my M3 a few years ago just to steal the iPod (still makes me mad). Woulda been easier on me if they would have smashed the glass. Anyway there was an ENTIRE palm print on the front windshield and the cops didn't even take the print.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jtdominate
Talk about BOLD. I can't imagine in your driveway!!!

This is the type of stuff I try and get my NRA-hating wife to read. I wouldn't call myself paranoid but I got a concealed carry license in the summer (anticipating an No-Bama victory) and have gotten used to carrying around the house. Current economic conditions will cause BG's to take more risk i.e. home invasions, car jacking, robberies. Therefore, I find myself walking around the house armed. I've had my run of bad luck and as long as there is an option don't wanna get caught with my pants down.

Glad to hear you didn't get seriously injured. I'm curious as to how far the police will go to track the cell number and other info.

Out of curiosity did he arrive at your house on foot or was someone driving him? I'm amazed at the police departments lack of thoroughness. I had someone cut the roof of my M3 a few years ago just to steal the iPod (still makes me mad). Woulda been easier on me if they would have smashed the glass. Anyway there was an ENTIRE palm print on the front windshield and the cops didn't even take the print.
thats madness.. cutting the roof
do you have any pictures to share?
Old 12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
The dealership did it!

They were running out of ideas on how to appease the people who've put in orders and were still waiting after 4 or 5 months for their car to arrive!!

Seriously though, sorry to hear about what happened. Glad you and the missus are both okay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C63 carjacked