C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need help with using iPod in my c63 and with homelink...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Need help with using iPod in my c63 and with homelink...

I hooked up it up to the iPod connector and the connection seems fine. It started playing music from my ipod, but I couldn't control the music either from my ipod in the glove box, or the command unit?

The screen in the iPod just has a MB star on it and says, "hit ok to disconnect."
I can't go to any other screen on the iPod, and the scan buttons on the command unit didn't work either. Am I missing something?

My second issue is that I can't seem to get my homelink working. I held the #1 and 3 buttons until I got the fast blink. Then I held my gate opener and the #1 button at the same time, but all I got was the slow blink...it never went to fast blink. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
To control the iPod you have to press the right arrow on multi-function button on the left side of the steering wheel until you get to Audio. You'll see the track title. Just scroll through with the up and down arrows. It sucks that you can't control the iPod from the screen.

As for the gate opener. Is it a garage door or a community gate. If it's the latter, it may not work. I encountered that problem in my last condo with the Homelink systems in a Porsche and Chevy. The step your missing is that you have to program the opener to learn mode and then start the learning procedure holding #1 & #3.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
The manual does not mention a learning mode....only the press down #1 and 3 to clear all codes and start programming.

And yes...it's a community gate...but the sales guy said it should still work.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Press the homelink button, keep it pressed, then hold up the remote and press the button once and let it to. Wait for rapid flash. Done!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by norb
Press the homelink button, keep it pressed, then hold up the remote and press the button once and let it to. Wait for rapid flash. Done!
Uh....I dont think there is a "homelink button"???

Anyone want to advise me of whether I'm right or not.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Uh....I dont think there is a "homelink button"???

Anyone want to advise me of whether I'm right or not.
The Homelink button is whatever button you decide to use to program the opener.

Uhhh...the sales guy said it would work. Dude most of them they know next to nothing. I'm almost sure it won't pogram since the gates use a rolling code. That gate has to be put into a "program mode" to send the signal to the transmitter. When I asked my property manager she said they wouldn't do it. I rationalized that it was because when I moved out I could theoretically still have access to the "private property".