Check out this C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Check out this C63

I got this in an email. It was in the shop the other day when i was there wasting money. I think this thing dyno'ed at 440whp on a dyno dynamics dyno
It just makes me want a C63 that much more.

http://www.dynocompnow.com/2008/10/pick-up-hammer.html
Old 12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Power without end! And thats the way it should be lowered.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
thats sweet but has anyone checked out renntech's prices. everything that that car has in mods to make it faster is more the 10g's. and only making 440 to the wheels that suck.

oh by the way i got my MHP ecu/tcu and it make that much power. (ecu/tcu 440whp) MHP
Old 12-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I put down round 350whp in my C55 on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I did a Dyno Jet run an made 388whp thats a 10& gain just going to a Dyno Jet. I'm not knocking MHP tune or any of their stuff, but you will be lucky to crack 410whp on a dyno dynamics dyno with just a tune alone. I watched a Z06 on the dyno the other day put down 445whp after software. After over 120 runs on a dyno dynamics dyno and an few on a dyno jet ive learned that anyone selling gains on a dyno jet you have to take away 11% know what the car really puts down. Dyno Dynamics have been shown to be the most accurate dyno on the market. I think anyone would be drooling over these numbers put down buy this C63 on a dyno dynamics dyno. I know i am. Here is a dyno chart of my modded C55 vs a stock C63 on a dyno dynamics dyno.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 12-07-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I put down round 350whp in my C55 on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I did a Dyno Jet run an made 388whp thats a 10& gain just going to a Dyno Jet. I'm not knocking MHP tune or any of their stuff, but you will be lucky to crack 410whp on a dyno dynamics dyno with just a tune alone. I watched a Z06 on the dyno the other day put down 445whp after software. After over 120 runs on a dyno dynamics dyno and an few on a dyno jet ive learned that anyone selling gains on a dyno jet you have to take away 11% know what the car really puts down. Dyno Dynamics have been shown to be the most accurate dyno on the market. I think anyone would be drooling over these numbers put down buy this C63 on a dyno dynamics dyno. I know i am. Here is a dyno chart of my modded C55 vs a stock C63 on a dyno dynamics dyno.
Source for bolded above?

There's a lot of "dyno-cheerleading" that goes on here on MBW; why exactly I don't know, but hey it is what it is. I think we can all typically agree that Dyno Dynamics show lower numbers than Dynojet Dynos. Here's the thing that most people don't seem to get - "lower" doesn't necessarily equal "truer," just like "higher" doesn't necessarily mean "inflated."

Case in point - hooleyboy's graph shows a C63 making 330rwhp. This is a stock car, which presumably should have 451 bhp (let's assume nothing wrong with the car, as it was new and stock). Does a C63 have 27% driveline losses? If so, then the Dyno Dynamics dyno is extremely accurate... if not, then it's too low (i.e. NOT accurate), period.

Dyno Dynamics and Dynojet both are drum-style dynos that the cars are driven onto and strapped down. They tend to share the same inherent design benefits and flaws, but also each have some unique features and marketing that people may enjoy.

Dynapack Dynos are completely different - the wheels are taken off, and the dyno mounts directly to the vehicle's hub. I think most can realize that this should yield a more sensitive dyno result, with more variables removed. Consequently, I think people would be hard-pressed to demonstrate a Dyno Dynamics OR Dynojet to be more accurate (or even AS accurate) as a Dynapack.

In the end, dynos are beneficial if you start with one and stick to that same one, for demonstrating mod gain/loss and/or troubleshooting problems. It would be all but useless to start on a Dynojet, do some mods, then go to Dyno Dynamics, some more mods, then to Dynapack, more mods still, then back to Dynojet, etc.

While I'd like to try Dynapack, I've only run on DJ dynos as they're more convenient geographically, so on DJ dynos I will stay...

My $0.02 - YMMV.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 12-07-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM

c63 amg
I had my car on the most expencive Windows (not DOS) based twin retarder rear awd dynodynamics dyno. stock pull whp and after MGHP tune whp I have a graph. stock was 375 I believe, after reflash it had 430 if I recall exactly. you can source my graphs side to side on this forum
Old 12-08-2008, 01:05 PM

'12 CTS-V
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Dyno Dynamics and Dynojet both are drum-style dynos that the cars are driven onto and strapped down. They tend to share the same inherent design benefits and flaws, but also each have some unique features and marketing that people may enjoy.

Dynapack Dynos are completely different - the wheels are taken off, and the dyno mounts directly to the vehicle's hub. I think most can realize that this should yield a more sensitive dyno result, with more variables removed. Consequently, I think people would be hard-pressed to demonstrate a Dyno Dynamics OR Dynojet to be more accurate (or even AS accurate) as a Dynapack.

In the end, dynos are beneficial if you start with one and stick to that same one, for demonstrating mod gain/loss and/or troubleshooting problems. It would be all but useless to start on a Dynojet, do some mods, then go to Dyno Dynamics, some more mods, then to Dynapack, more mods still, then back to Dynojet, etc.

All good points.

I've never dyno'd on a Dynapack either. They tend to read quite a bit higher than Dyno Dynamics or Dynojets. IMO, they're excellent for monitoring gains, but horrible for measuring real world power (i.e. power to the ground). For that, I'll stick with my Dyno Dynamics.