Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:46 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Dyno Comparison: Bolt-on 6.1 Hemi Jeep SRT8 v v2 ECU/TCU Tuned MHP C63

Full mod list of both vehicles in my sig. SRT8 has substantially more mods (tests were done before the addition of the 90mm tb which I believe cost me midrange power/tq.
Anyway you can see the clear advantage 4 valves have over two. Length of powerband due to the heads flowing so much more air, smaller cams can be used making the motor less peaky.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
1. The HP curves are almost identical here Andy.
2. Yes the C63, aka 4 valve has a SLIGHTLY flatter torque curve, emphasis SLIGHTLY
3. The mods you discussed could have caused this peaky TQ curve.
4. WHY are we even talking about DODGE products on this board

See yeah
Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
1. The HP curves are almost identical here Andy.
To an extent where the 6.1 falls off due to not having enough cam and intake runners that are too long, emphasized by the 2v cylinder head design.

2. Yes the C63, aka 4 valve has a SLIGHTLY flatter torque curve, emphasis SLIGHTLY
I'd call it more than slightly but it's a subjective call. Remember the 6.1 has full exhaust LT to tailpipe, ported intake manifold, CAI, ECU Tune, UD pulley to it's benefit vs just tuning for the C63. With like mods the 6.2 would crush it, as if it doesn't already.

3. The mods you discussed could have caused this peaky TQ curve.
Not so much. Bolt-ons do not cause peaky tq curves, cam swaps do.

4. WHY are we even talking about DODGE products on this board

See yeah
Because until recently they came from the same company, and I thought the comparison of an American iteration vs a German one would be somewhat interesting to anyone that remotely enjoys vehicles on the whole.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM

C63
SRT8 is fasssst

when it first came out, i had no idea what it was, and i got smoked in my g35c, oh noes...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by MHP
To an extent where the 6.1 falls off due to not having enough cam and intake runners that are too long, emphasized by the 2v cylinder head design.

Agreed, 2v run out of steam on the upper end, but SHINE on the bottom

I'd call it more than slightly but it's a subjective call. Remember the 6.1 has full exhaust LT to tailpipe, ported intake manifold, CAI, ECU Tune, UD pulley to it's benefit vs just tuning for the C63. With like mods the 6.2 would crush it, as if it doesn't already.

The curves are NOT that much apart, hence my term SLIGHTLY

Not so much. Bolt-ons do not cause peaky tq curves, cam swaps do.

Which is why I used the word COULD, NOT DID. By the way, are you trying to say that bolting on a throttle body that is too big does NOT hurt the curve?

Because until recently they came from the same company, and I thought the comparison of an American iteration vs a German one would be somewhat interesting to anyone that remotely enjoys vehicles on the whole.

Thanks
Whoa, I like your credentials Andy, however I have been building engines for a few more years my friend and do enjoy ALL types. Heck, I have owned just about one of everything at some point in time. Just I like them in the appropriate boards/place.

Enjoy my friend, don't want a pissing match here, just thought it was

See yeah
The following users liked this post:
JQuala (12-15-2017)
Old 12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
The curves are NOT that much apart, hence my term SLIGHTLY
HP to a certain extent is close (until cam/runner length kill the 6.1) but the TQ cuvres are not even remotely close, the 4v murders it.

Which is why I used the word COULD, NOT DID. By the way, are you trying to say that bolting on a throttle body that is too big does NOT hurt the curve?
My stock graph looks identical (shape wise) to the full bolt-on 6.1 just raised at the same points so no the 90mm TB did nothing to raise the powerband.

Whoa, I like your credentials Andy, however I have been building engines for a few more years my friend and do enjoy ALL types. Heck, I have owned just about one of everything at some point in time. Just I like them in the appropriate boards/place.
Enjoy my friend, don't want a pissing match here, just thought it was
See yeah
This thread is not the slightest bit out of place IMO, if you disagree, so be it but I never asked for opinions on that. Regardless if you're a fan of everything as you claim you shouldn't have an issue whatsoever.

I have no idea who you are, but you assume a LOT in the last part of your post. Any world records? Anyway, have a nice day.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 12-05-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
180sx, 911 targa, 03 c230k
why does the c63 graph look so choppy even with the smoothing level on 5
Old 12-08-2008, 03:13 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
It's still in raw winpep format: