C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Tyre Question- Advice??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
Another Tyre Question- Advice??

As the title suggests, here is another question about tyres... My apologies for bringing this up again but I would really appreciate some thoughtful advice about tyres from someone who knows about them- as i clearly dont.

Living in the UK and just hit 4000 miles in the beast and the tyres are looking as bald as jenna jamesons fanny. Im on the 19" multi spoke wheels... any ideas on what tyre i should get and how wide?

Ideally would want some as wide as possible but not if it effects performance in a bad way...

Thanks for your help and advice

Mo
Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I'd be curious to know what your driving style is. It's obvious that you drive aggressively, but just HOW aggressively is what I'd like to know.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 12-14-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:35 PM

08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
I feel there is no shame in admitting that I bury the accelerator into the footwell every single time I have a chance/excuse to... Also have been to the track once- and did 4-5 laps.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by mrwolf
I feel there is no shame in admitting that I bury the accelerator into the footwell every single time I have a chance/excuse to... Also have been to the track once- and did 4-5 laps.
LOL

Well, then it makes almost no difference what tire you go with, Mr. Wolf.

Seriously though, the P Zeros aren't good for treadlife. Try the Dunlop Sport Maxx if you want better treadwear and are prepared to put up with a bit of extra road noise. Or go with less expensive high performance tires to take some of the sting out of having to replenish the rear tires every 5,000 miles. I'd be hesitant to go with a wider width myself, though, because a wider width tire that would still fit within the wheel well without rubbing AND which provides similar levels of grip that you're accustomed to is only going to cost more, thereby adding to the cost of running your new toy even more.

Law of diminishing returns.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mrwolf
As the title suggests, here is another question about tyres... My apologies for bringing this up again but I would really appreciate some thoughtful advice about tyres from someone who knows about them- as i clearly dont.

Living in the UK and just hit 4000 miles in the beast and the tyres are looking as bald as jenna jamesons fanny. Im on the 19" multi spoke wheels... any ideas on what tyre i should get and how wide?

Ideally would want some as wide as possible but not if it effects performance in a bad way...

Thanks for your help and advice

Mo
I would advise to stay with the factory specified size. The Pzero is a great tire, I doubt there is a higher quality product available. Like was said before, you may opt for a cheaper product depending on what your requirements are.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Fair enough. I will stick with the stock tyres and keep the same width.... There is no point in complaining about costs in regards to ruining the rear tyres every 5 k miles. Especially when the car in question is this much fun
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM

c63 amg
HI, I'M Going back to put 265/30/19 this summer with Toyo's r888 or michelin pilot cup when my conti sport contact are dead, but for now running with conti wintersport 810s in 18 inch with 255/35 and in cold weather and snow they are realy amazing ! I find that I don't have enought traction with the stock size tyres for summer.
PS: these are near track tyres that are not very good when raining , can't have everything !

Last edited by moebiusone; 12-17-2008 at 04:10 PM.