Sponsored by:

Watching Videos from Your iPod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Watching Videos from Your iPod

Is it possible to watch the videos from your iPod on the video system using COMAND?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:29 PM

C63
Hawtheric1-

I tried it and it won't work. I hear there is supposed to be a software update that allows the Command screen to display the iPod screen. I'm looking into the unit that allows the video to play while driving.

Thinking while typing...I think the AUX port will allow video input that can be displayed on the screen.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Hmmm driving while watching a video? Please tell me you're joking..?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM

C63
Originally Posted by mrtesting
Hmmm driving while watching a video? Please tell me you're joking..?
Not joking. The European cars don't have the feature disabled. Probably because most North American drivers merely know how to "operate" the car and not how to "drive." Of course I wouldn't fixate on the video but I'm adept enough to know when to take a glance at the screen and what situation warrants me keeping my head on the road.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:57 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by jtdominate
Not joking. The European cars don't have the feature disabled. Probably because most North American drivers merely know how to "operate" the car and not how to "drive." Of course I wouldn't fixate on the video but I'm adept enough to know when to take a glance at the screen and what situation warrants me keeping my head on the road.
Fair enough.. but in either case, even if you are the Formula 1 World Champion, a little bit of distraction can have an effect on your driving.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Hawtheric1-

I tried it and it won't work. I hear there is supposed to be a software update that allows the Command screen to display the iPod screen. I'm looking into the unit that allows the video to play while driving.

Thinking while typing...I think the AUX port will allow video input that can be displayed on the screen.
Thanks for the feedback message. Keep me posted if you find anything more on the software update.

Cheers,
Hawth
Old 12-17-2008, 03:58 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Actually, most MB European cars with COMAND, have the video (DVD or TV or both depending on the model you function enabled but it will switch off the screen once you go past 5-10km/h for safety reasons obviously.