Sponsored by:

This thing is mental!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Toyota Prius, 2007 Ariel Atom 275, 2009 C63 PP
This thing is mental!!

Finally past the 1000 mile barrier on my way to work this morning, put it into M mode, down shifted and OMG!!

The sound, the speed, the throttle blips, the backfire, its just an euphoria of senses. Like Clarkson says "this thing is mental". I cant wipe the smile off my face!

This thing accelerates almost as hard as my Ariel Atom, and thats very hard to do.

The PP package and diff are fantastic, a bit stiff, but perfect for this car IMO, very similar stiffness to the Atom.

The build quality is very impressive, I still cant believe Mercedes/AMG have built such an amazing car!

Why does anyone need more power than this!!! Its bananas as it is!!!

Saying Hello to everyone, very happy to be a part of the C63 club. AMG power!!

fiesty
Old 12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Welcome to the board, and congratulations on passing the break-in milestone.

You've got to hear this thing from the OUTSIDE. It's even better.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Welcome to the board, and congratulations on passing the break-in milestone.

You've got to hear this thing from the OUTSIDE. It's even better.
I have to agree.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:19 PM

C63
"Vehicle I drive:2004 Toyota Prius, 2007 Ariel Atom 275, 2009 C63 PP"

lol, you drive 2 extremes. your prius yields 50mpg while your lil monster that is 13mpg.

i drive a honda odyssey in the winter lol
Old 12-18-2008, 05:28 PM

white c63 w/pp
You have an atom!!!!!

whaaa, i always wanted to see one up close. HaHa, so what you drive your prius all year.. just to save up the gas, you will spend in driving both your atom and C63 in 1 day! So jealous
Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM
passcheco

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
I have to agree.

You are so right I just completed my break-in and my wife think I'm nuts I drive in M with sunroof tilted open and the rear windows slight open Oh...it’s a symphony back there
Old 12-20-2008, 07:12 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Welcome on board!

I'd like to check out your Ariel Atom one day...

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-2008, 12:07 AM

AMG C63
You may find sport mode and ESP off or sport mode is better. THe tranny is more forgiving than the M mode.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:43 AM

somethings better left unsaid ...
I cant bilieve you can actually drive away in your Prius while looking back at this beast in your rear view mirror
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
Originally Posted by fiestycolumbian
Finally past the 1000 mile barrier on my way to work this morning, put it into M mode, down shifted and OMG!!

The sound, the speed, the throttle blips, the backfire, its just an euphoria of senses. Like Clarkson says "this thing is mental". I cant wipe the smile off my face!

This thing accelerates almost as hard as my Ariel Atom, and thats very hard to do.

The PP package and diff are fantastic, a bit stiff, but perfect for this car IMO, very similar stiffness to the Atom.

The build quality is very impressive, I still cant believe Mercedes/AMG have built such an amazing car!

Why does anyone need more power than this!!! Its bananas as it is!!!

Saying Hello to everyone, very happy to be a part of the C63 club. AMG power!!

fiesty
Greetings from Brunei!

I just broke the 1500km mark earlier this week and boy is she extraordinary!! i did the exact same thing on my sexy beast and she screams beautiful notes on the dual carriageways!!

Whenever I kick on the throttle, my heart rate just rises listening to the V8 switching through gears ever so elegantly. Kudos to the engineers from AMG! What a beautiful piece of engineering!!

Haha, I have to agree with you, why would anyone need more power in this beaut?! But if you're bringing your C63 to drag races, why not

yaz
09 C63 AMG
03 E240
97 986 Boxster
Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Originally Posted by Ol'School
I cant bilieve you can actually drive away in your Prius while looking back at this beast in your rear view mirror
Driving the slow-mobile is not that bad. It makes you appreciate the other cars more. Not only that, here in So. Cal., many Prius' and Civic Hybrid's have the carpool lane solo sticker. While I'm driving in the carpool lane during rush hour, all I see in my rear view mirror is the rest of the suckers in their beasts stuck in traffic.....
Old 12-21-2008, 07:15 PM

AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by beemaze
Driving the slow-mobile is not that bad. It makes you appreciate the other cars more. Not only that, here in So. Cal., many Prius' and Civic Hybrid's have the carpool lane solo sticker. While I'm driving in the carpool lane during rush hour, all I see in my rear view mirror is the rest of the suckers in their beasts stuck in traffic.....
Eveything really is different in Southern California. There, the Priuses go faster than the C63s.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by scarbrtj
Eveything really is different in Southern California. There, the Priuses go faster than the C63s.
lol
Old 12-22-2008, 02:42 PM

Exactly!! Its the only reason I drive it during the week. Passing all the traffic in socal is like a gift from upstairs! Seriously, I laugh all the way to work at all the other "suckers" too!

I will continue to drive the Prius till 2011 when the sticker expires(hopefully the CA gov extends it!!)

The great thing about driving the Prius, is that it allows me drive the nuts off the C63 during the weekend. I dont get more than 10mpg, but I dont feel guilty about it, since I save so much with the Prius(50 mpg).

fiesty
Old 12-22-2008, 02:47 PM

Welcome on board!

I'd like to check out your Ariel Atom one day...
Sure, anytime.

I usually go to Cars and Coffee once every two months or so, so we can definitely meet up. Or if there are any AMG meets, I could bring as well. Gives me an excuse to take it out!!(with work its becoming increasingly hard to do)

I even give rides!!! (must have helmets of course)

fiesty