Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by stefario
Just talked to Dave in Michigan (Where you send the ECU to)

he said tomorrow it will be shipped out...hopefully

I guess I am posting this because I can't get any firm answers on my ECU and infact was told that most customers would not even bother asking they would just wait for it to return (its almost been a month). The longer i wait the more frustrated I get....the only thing keeping me somewhat grounded is that the weather is ****ty in Vancouver and i could drive it hard anyways.

If the performance and lack of any CEL issues etc are like what has been reported on MBWORLD i wont remember this hassel - if they are not ... well lets not go there yet.

I guess you will know I will provide a very unbiased opinion of the performance upgrade.
By your statements in this thread alone I can already see negative bias. Good thing I'm not worried.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Andy, I have nothing but respect for what you and Dave Kasper have accomplished with your ECU/TCU tuning but 30 day turn around on the job really is unacceptable. Knowing the time frame going in is one thing but stretching from a 10 day expectation to 30 days and counting hurts.

Hope you get Stefario up and running soon.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Andy, I have nothing but respect for what you and Dave Kasper have accomplished with your ECU/TCU tuning but 30 day turn around on the job really is unacceptable. Knowing the time frame going in is one thing but stretching from a 10 day expectation to 30 days and counting hurts.

Hope you get Stefario up and running soon.
Barry,
Our usual turnaround is not 30 days, obviously. The reason for the delay was the 128 bit encryption that no one else (less possibly MKB) can get around. Literally no one will be able to tune the 09/10 stuff (even select 08 boxes were encrypted) so again, this is not a minute issue. I believe we've seen a few post tune dyno results from other tuners of late, which should tell you exactly what trying to tune an encrypted box w/out the right hard/software will do...Nothing.
Now that we have the upgraded software/hardware there will be no more delays. This is a tough business in which major factors can change in seemingly no time at all (MB likes to scramble and change checksums like no one else as well) and it's only going to get harder to do in the future--this also means less tuners will be around, a LOT less.
That being said I would expect a price increase on anything with 128 bit encryption in the near future. It's a losing proposition for us otherwise; I can see why MKB charges what they do for a quality ECU tune.
Additionally I stood by my word (when I by no means had to at all) and agreed to accept CDN $ on par with US $ so Stefan would have been getting one hell of a deal--even if he didn't wait for the most favorable exchange rate possible.

Thanks
Andy
Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 PM

e550 4m
Please inform me of what statements I have made in this thread or any other that would lead you to believe I am negatively biased? I actually don't know if I have said anything negative yet.

Yes I did get a smoking deal, and I thanked you for honoring your word - I found that to be something a fair gentleman would do - therefore you never saw or read me knocking you Andy. I waited for an oppourtunity in my favour and sealed the deal - i do alot of that and hope to do even more.

At the end of the day, I am a consumer - I obviously saw something in MHP/Andy that sold me on a product or service - that was my decision... i am just ranting on my frustrations in between making that decision and recieving the fruits. I have told you before that I have never met, nor talked to you (heard your voice on VM) - that is not my established way to do buisness in this world - when I call and leave messages and emails with no reply's well thats when i start to overflow......this outlet is a little gossipy but when you have fellow Canadians like Barry watching over you - its a good and welcome sense of comfort.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
sorry for getting into something that has nothing to do with me but, i think that andys is fantastic and its worth waiting for. i dont know about you guys but you will love you car after this tune is done.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by stefario
Please inform me of what statements I have made in this thread or any other that would lead you to believe I am negatively biased? I actually don't know if I have said anything negative yet.

Yes I did get a smoking deal, and I thanked you for honoring your word - I found that to be something a fair gentleman would do - therefore you never saw or read me knocking you Andy. I waited for an oppourtunity in my favour and sealed the deal - i do alot of that and hope to do even more.

At the end of the day, I am a consumer - I obviously saw something in MHP/Andy that sold me on a product or service - that was my decision... i am just ranting on my frustrations in between making that decision and recieving the fruits. I have told you before that I have never met, nor talked to you (heard your voice on VM) - that is not my established way to do buisness in this world - when I call and leave messages and emails with no reply's well thats when i start to overflow......this outlet is a little gossipy but when you have fellow Canadians like Barry watching over you - its a good and welcome sense of comfort.

Stefan you were kept up to date with the most accurate and recent info possible--as far as I know you called once when I was out to dinner on a weekend, my apologies if I missed any other calls. I just sent you a PM response that should answer some of the above questions. If any remain please let me know and I will address them in turn.
Again you will be more than satisfied with your results, and if by some freak chance you're not, well, that's why we offer a $ back guarantee.

Thanks
Andy
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I want to make it clear that there is not a 30 day/1 month turnaround time. The final piece of the puzzle needed to tune the newer boxes finally arrived so we're back on track as far as return time.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
sorry for getting into something that has nothing to do with me but, i think that andys is fantastic and its worth waiting for. i dont know about you guys but you will love you car after this tune is done.
+1

Stefario, I'm on the same boat as you, my ecu is encrypted and it took a little longer than expected. All we need is a little patience, I know both of us will be very satisfied once we get our ecu back. Of course we may be a little desperate, but as mthis said, I think its worth waiting for.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
I want to make it clear that there is not a 30 day/1 month turnaround time. The final piece of the puzzle needed to tune the newer boxes finally arrived so we're back on track as far as return time.

Thanks
Great news Andy!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 AM

AMG C63
Old School
I didnt understand what in the heck the original poster was saying.
So I felt as though English was my second language
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM

e550 4m
Andy ... you around???
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

m5, c63
I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Back ... ROFL!!!!

looks like MHP is dicking around another party (or more)

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU!!!!!!

Sounds like an exact repeat of the link I posted in the post "Confused with tuners here"

Avoidance and lack of accountability seems to be Andy's theme. Wait for him to lose it in shipping ... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Your Neighbourhood BATMAN!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM

e550 4m
Wow - Batman - I did get a tracking number that doesn't work in UPS system ... i then read your previous post ... seems UPS was the issue in the first place ... ill let you know..
Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Cant someone pay a little visit to Andy? It seems like he hides behind his computer, doesnt call people as he doesnt speak on the phone, to bad, i was serioulsy considering getting the who tune done on my car, but i am just reading alot of unhappy people......yes there are a few of you who have recieived the product and are happy, but i think kleeman will not give me the bad rash as some of you have right now, i feel sorry for you guys, dishing out that kind of money and not being able to talk to people on the phone is very unprofessional, this wreaks of unprofessionalism and would seriously grab a flight and pay him a visit.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
What type of headers are Kleeman: individual-runner-into-a-collector type (4 into 1, or 4 into 2 into 1) or are they a log-type (like the stock manifolds)?

How does the Kleeman header/ECU system compare to the Renntech set-up? Has anyone driven both to compare?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Cant someone pay a little visit to Andy? It seems like he hides behind his computer, doesnt call people as he doesnt speak on the phone, to bad, i was serioulsy considering getting the who tune done on my car, but i am just reading alot of unhappy people......yes there are a few of you who have recieived the product and are happy, but i think kleeman will not give me the bad rash as some of you have right now, i feel sorry for you guys, dishing out that kind of money and not being able to talk to people on the phone is very unprofessional, this wreaks of unprofessionalism and would seriously grab a flight and pay him a visit.
his suspended from this fourm for a couple weeks, i spoke to him, he said his doing good and cant wait to get back on here. his working on his car to get the header and ect. on it for the track.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by The Batman
I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Back ... ROFL!!!!

looks like MHP is dicking around another party (or more)

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU!!!!!!

Sounds like an exact repeat of the link I posted in the post "Confused with tuners here"

Avoidance and lack of accountability seems to be Andy's theme. Wait for him to lose it in shipping ... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Your Neighbourhood BATMAN!

dude did you just sniff a line or something. are you ok.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
alright alright here we go. can someone here show us a tuner that has done everything we asked for on here besides andy?

we asked for hp we got got it yea its not cheap but its the best!
we asked for dyno results. we got them 2. and we got plenty from 3rd parties as well. not just him. so we all know his work is the BEST.
we asked for 1/4 times we go that also heck he ran a 11.59 as far as i know every other tune that has ran close to that had ecu/ headers pully. his just had a ecu/tcu and airbox lol.

now what seems to be the problem is that andy had gone silent from the fourm. no ***** this suspended. he does not call people back. as far as i know his been keeping up to date with me every single time i text him or call him. he get rite back to me. (maybe you calling at the wrong time or calling 2much)

to me it seems that you guys are going against him for the fact that his having a problem with the 128 encypt stuff. hello here why dont you guys try calling up some other tunes and let them tune your ecu. wait beter off see if they can even do 09 ecu lol.

anyways i know my car is going to hit 10's with ALL MHP PRODUCTS is yours?? good luck and have fun everyone
Old 01-11-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

alright alright here we go. can someone here show us a tuner that has done everything we asked for on here besides andy?

we asked for hp we got got it yea its not cheap but its the best!
we asked for dyno results. we got them 2. and we got plenty from 3rd parties as well. not just him. so we all know his work is the BEST.
we asked for 1/4 times we go that also heck he ran a 11.59 as far as i know every other tune that has ran close to that had ecu/ headers pully. his just had a ecu/tcu and airbox lol.

now what seems to be the problem is that andy had gone silent from the fourm. no ***** this suspended. he does not call people back. as far as i know his been keeping up to date with me every single time i text him or call him. he get rite back to me. (maybe you calling at the wrong time or calling 2much)

to me it seems that you guys are going against him for the fact that his having a problem with the 128 encypt stuff. hello here why dont you guys try calling up some other tunes and let them tune your ecu. wait beter off see if they can even do 09 ecu lol.

anyways i know my car is going to hit 10's with ALL MHP PRODUCTS is yours?? good luck and have fun everyone
When did you and Andy get engaged?/ (LOL) Just Joking. No offense intended.

Lets see now>>>

1) Kleemann
2) Brabus
3) MKB
4)Carlsson

and I believe we will see great things come from 1 or 2 tuners working quietly in the wings.

As for the trouble with the 128 encryption problem. I have a good friend in Michigan that knows Dave Kasper (Andy's ECU magician) and the word is its not only an encryption problem with the C63 ECU but its a big problem getting the ECU's that won't take the undated settings to flash back to stock and rendering them useless. Hopefully it all plays out well and everyone is happy in the end.

I for one am following this with great interest

Best of luck to all players

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 01-11-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Who the F is "THE BATMAN? " First off, here in the states we just say "BATMAN" second thing, a guy with 4 post what? You post bashing remarks and the addmins don't cut you off. BATMAN IS from T.V Did Andy deliver a fast tune? YES... Does he answer his phone? YES ALWAYS.. I am on hold with him on my tune because I have a head and cam pkg on order with him and the tune will have to be done all over once installation of the heads are complete.
Remember it's " BATMAN" NOT "THE BATMAN"
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
When did you and Andy get engaged?/ (LOL) Just Joking. No offense intended.

Lets see now>>>

1) Kleemann
2) Brabus
3) MKB
4)Carlsson

and I believe we will see great things come from 1 or 2 tuners working quietly in the wings.

As for the trouble with the 128 encryption problem. I have a good friend in Michigan that knows Dave Kasper (Andy's ECU magician) and the word is its not only an encryption problem with the C63 ECU but its a big problem getting the ECU's that won't take the undated settings to flash back to stock and rendering them useless. Hopefully it all plays out well and everyone is happy in the end.

I for one am following this with great interest

Best of luck to all players

dude i talked to andy and he has no idea what u talking about. why dont you call him yourself and settel this and stop posting up false info. im sure he would love to talk to you here's his number.1(614)940-9523.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Very interesting thread.... Andy, can you please give us a more technical explanation of the 128-bit encryption scenario.

- Is MB encrypting the whole ECU and that prevents 3rd party software from reading it or modifying it?

- Can the entire ECU file be wiped out and flashed with one of the older model files without the encryption?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dude i talked to andy and he has no idea what u talking about. why dont you call him yourself and settel this and stop posting up false info. im sure he would love to talk to you here's his number.1(614)940-9523.
mthis, I really don't think I need to call Andy to "settle" this. Are we still in Jr. High School???

Andy knows I have nothing but respect for what he and David have accomplished with their C63 tuning. I have corresponded with Andy quite a bit over the months re the ECU tune. In fact I have and do correspond with many Tuners on the same subject and have done so re the C63 from the day MB announced they were building the C63. It was evident from the start that there should substantial gains from an ECU tune alone.

The info I posted above was garnered from just such a correspondence on C63 ECU tunes and was meant to refer to ALL Tuners and not just MHP as you suggest.

I apologize if my reference to David Kasper was misconstrued as a reference to MHP. It was meant as a point of reference on the information re the C63 ECU only.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
So the thread title is "Kleemann" .... what more can the OP tell us about it? I've only heard good things so far....
Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
Thanks for your business S. Your parts should be arriving this week!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kleemann