Daimler Production cut backs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Daimler Production cut backs

So with the plant closings and employee cutbacks, can we still order cars?
IF a customer is willing to buy a car and wants it built to their spec, will Benz do it since it will be considered sold?

Also, accounting question, when does the dealership account for a sale? If you have it ordered, is it a sale wen the order is placed or when delivery is taken (im guessing upon order)

thx
Old 01-13-2009, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by PatSC23
IF a customer is willing to buy a car and wants it built to their spec, will Benz do it since it will be considered sold?

Also, accounting question, when does the dealership account for a sale? If you have it ordered, is it a sale wen the order is placed or when delivery is taken (im guessing upon order)

thx
Only once delivered.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Chances are, you can find the exact combo on another dealers lot and they will ship it directly to you.

I see you have a May delivery for a 2009. I would be tempted to push that back a few weeks so you get a 2010.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
my timing is based on my lease turn-in - which is June 2nd

and since that is my timing, I prefer to hav a car built for me rather than take one thats bing transported from different dealerships...
Old 01-13-2009, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic

and since that is my timing, I prefer to hav a car built for me rather than take one thats bing transported from different dealerships...
I would order one too if I didnt need it until June. That way you know that noone has drivin it. I would talk to your local dealer to find out what sort of wait list it might be. And as for your Q, the car will be marked sold by the dealer once you place and order and place a deposit. Technically it is only really sold when it is delivered or paid for in full. Why do you ask?
Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic

thx
I would order one too if I didnt need it until June. That way you know that noone has drivin it. I would talk to your local dealer to find out what sort of wait list it might be. And as for your Q, the car will be marked sold by the dealer once you place and order and place a deposit. Technically it is only really sold when it is delivered or paid for in full. And yes you can order your car from any dealer even if the factory is slowing prodution for a while. You can have your car built how ever you like, but you may have to pay for some items up front. Depending on what you are thinking of.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking MBZ financial

If your going to use MBZ financial they in the past have been flexible to allow you to extend your current lease monthly until your new car arrives. Talk to your Sales person about this!

Phil
Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300 Iridium Silver. 2009 Black R350
ok
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
I would order one too if I didnt need it until June. That way you know that noone has drivin it. I would talk to your local dealer to find out what sort of wait list it might be. And as for your Q, the car will be marked sold by the dealer once you place and order and place a deposit. Technically it is only really sold when it is delivered or paid for in full. Why do you ask?
agree with u 100% theres just something about a car that comes delivered with yur name on it - as for wait list, theyve had my deposit since last May so im good

the reason I ask about accounting for the sale is im going in on the 31st to officially order the car, didnt know if that would count as a month end sale (just wishful thiking of getting an even better deal)
Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Manufacturer
Wow this is not good
Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by deaguero
If your going to use MBZ financial they in the past have been flexible to allow you to extend your current lease monthly until your new car arrives. Talk to your Sales person about this!

Phil
My timing is perfect actually - I dont want to wait for an '10 model b/c I dont want my rrs anymore..its a hog, but I also dont want the c63 yet since i want it after winter

unless they annouce the '10 model is getting a facelift, i see no reason to wait til then and have them mark it up another $1500-2k

u guys know of any official changes?