Sponsored by:

no start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 10 c300 Nissan truck
no start

I test drove a c63 this weekend and it is a wonderful car I was ready to buy the car when something unexpected happened it would not start The key would go to the start position but nothing we changed keys then it started My question is can a bad key prevent the car from starting or is there a something else causing this The shop got no codes when they checked Last thing I want to do is buy a car with electric problem
Old 01-25-2009, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
Originally Posted by matt55
I test drove a c63 this weekend and it is a wonderful car I was ready to buy the car when something unexpected happened it would not start The key would go to the start position but nothing we changed keys then it started My question is can a bad key prevent the car from starting or is there a something else causing this The shop got no codes when they checked Last thing I want to do is buy a car with electric problem
Having the same problem with mine, C300, but happened almost a yr after having the vehicle, havent had time to get to the dealer. Been using my secondary key for the time being.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by white_glass_top
Having the same problem with mine, C300, but happened almost a yr after having the vehicle, havent had time to get to the dealer. Been using my secondary key for the time being.
Has your other key worked a 100%of the time since?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
i think ther is a Sb out check the other w204 forum they have it in there....this happened to me also then after 10mins it started took ther car in
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by matt55
I talked to the service manager today about this.He said the key works in two ways-radio waves and infared waves and the infared wave actually started the car.The key coded that the infared chip was only working intermittently.He said a new key will formated .Anyway He was 100 % sure this was what caused the car not to start. Now if I can get reasonable price....