Sponsored by:

Speedo Centre Info screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Speedo Centre Info screen

Does anyone else find this distracting at night?..its too bright, love the fact you have a sat nav screen that folds away so thats out the way, but the centre info display in the speedo is just too brightly lit for night time driving, and it doesnt dim when you dim the dashboard lights, bit annoying really
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chris5150
Does anyone else find this distracting at night?..its too bright, love the fact you have a sat nav screen that folds away so thats out the way, but the centre info display in the speedo is just too brightly lit for night time driving, and it doesnt dim when you dim the dashboard lights, bit annoying really
Just wear sunglasses...
Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Just wear sunglasses...
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
It's interesting how the human can find fault with the tiniest of matters huh?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:37 AM

C63 AMG
Thanks for that

'It's interesting how the human can find fault with the tiniest of matters huh'

very useful indeed cheers for the assistance. I have bought 2 C63 AMGs so yes I am a fan of the car, thats why I have located this board. Excuse me if I was wrong but I thought such place as these boards were useful for sharing info & solving possible gaps in ones knowledge or seeking solutions to issues, no matter how small they may appear to others.
I ask quite a simple question really that I dont think requires a smart *** wisecrack, if you cannot add something useful then dont bother posting
Old 01-27-2009, 04:28 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by chris5150
'It's interesting how the human can find fault with the tiniest of matters huh'

very useful indeed cheers for the assistance. I have bought 2 C63 AMGs so yes I am a fan of the car, thats why I have located this board. Excuse me if I was wrong but I thought such place as these boards were useful for sharing info & solving possible gaps in ones knowledge or seeking solutions to issues, no matter how small they may appear to others.
I ask quite a simple question really that I dont think requires a smart *** wisecrack, if you cannot add something useful then dont bother posting
Woahh.. buddy calm down! No one was trying to bust your ***** here so get off your high horse. When I said what I said, I merely meant it from a psychological perspective and how the human psyche can be so sensitive to such things that maybe even the very designers of the machine would not have thought of during the research and development.

You bought 2x C63.. Good for you my friend! Buy 2 more if it makes you happier, and don't forget to post pictures of your babies. (By babies, I am here and after referring to your Cars/Vehicles, just so you don't assume that I am trying to be a "smart *** wisecrack" with you.)

I would first like to welcome you to this community, and also give you some advice about any forum.. the Search feature is your best friend. By that of course I mean, we have discussed such topics before, but to make you satisfied, the LCD screen in your centre panel does not have the ability to dim down anymore than what is possible by the use of that dim button out of factory.

We recently discussed a topic under "Engineering Menu", from which we came to the conclusion that more study needs to be done before any type of instructions were to be shared here. So with that in mind, nothing is impossible, but with my very little knowledge of computer science and engineering, I can assure you that, until we have full specification on the type of LCD screen used as well as the source of programming for the device, there is no way to dim that screen anymore than you can at the moment.

On your average LCD monitor, the brightness of your screen is controlled by a set of rules set forth by the software which governs your operating system as well as type of hardware used, however with the LCD device that I have seen out of our cars which I have noticed to concentrate on no more than 3 colors of Light Blue, White and Red, we can conclude that the LCD has been specially designed for the purpose and thus requires disassembly for us to find out whether or not we can dim or not.

I hope that my answer was sufficient enough for you SIR.

Last edited by mrtesting; 01-27-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by mrtesting
Woahh.. buddy calm down! No one was trying to bust your ***** here so get off your high horse. When I said what I said, I merely meant it from a psychological perspective and how the human psyche can be so sensitive to such things that maybe even the very designers of the machine would not have thought of during the research and development.

You bought 2x C63.. Good for you my friend! Buy 2 more if it makes you happier, and don't forget to post pictures of your babies. (By babies, I am here and after referring to your Cars/Vehicles, just so you don't assume that I am trying to be a "smart *** wisecrack" with you.)

I would first like to welcome you to this community, and also give you some advice about any forum.. the Search feature is your best friend. By that of course I mean, we have discussed such topics before, but to make you satisfied, the LCD screen in your centre panel does not have the ability to dim down anymore than what is possible by the use of that dim button out of factory.

We recently discussed a topic under "Engineering Menu", from which we came to the conclusion that more study needs to be done before any type of instructions were to be shared here. So with that in mind, nothing is impossible, but with my very little knowledge of computer science and engineering, I can assure you that, until we have full specification on the type of LCD screen used as well as the source of programming for the device, there is no way to dim that screen anymore than you can at the moment.

On your average LCD monitor, the brightness of your screen is controlled by a set of rules set forth by the software which governs your operating system as well as type of hardware used, however with the LCD device that I have seen out of our cars which I have noticed to concentrate on no more than 3 colors of Light Blue, White and Red, we can conclude that the LCD has been specially designed for the purpose and thus requires disassembly for us to find out whether or not we can dim or not.

I hope that my answer was sufficient enough for you SIR.
I need to go visit my ESL tutor to fully understand this forum sometimes...