Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dlbello
Andy,
Thanks for the heads up but everyone involved have been talking on the phone back and forth... So its no secret and also why would it be such a secret to know the corrected #'s? and then compare them. Makes sense to me, this would only benefit the end user... me along w/ others right? unless I'm missing something
Have we spoken?

I don't know the corrected numbers, I never asked, I really don't care for 2 reasons:

1) They aren't from the same dyno (they will be next week at which point I'll care)

2) mthis only had around 100 miles on the tune when testing. As he or anyone with one of our CDTs will tell you, the cars continue to get quicker/faster with more miles. Hopefully by Monday mthis will have at least 400 miles on the tune.

I'm all for objective testing, but at the same time it has to be fair and as consistant and accurate as possible regarding the testing methods.

One final point, I cannot stress enough how important the initial break-in period is after installing our tuning. I've said it ad nauseum, and I'll keep repeating myself as much as I have to, you absolutey positively have to drive it like you stole it (WOT as much as possible, through as many gears as possible) to let the controllers learn. Otherwise you'll never see the true potential of the tuning.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Andy,
Thanks for the heads up but everyone involved have been talking on the phone back and forth... So its no secret and also why would it be such a secret to know the corrected #'s? and then compare them. Makes sense to me, this would only benefit the end user... me along w/ others right? unless I'm missing something

what you missing here is that i toled you on the phone and on this fourm that i will not release any dyno graphs done from there till i go back to my original dyno place.

you know what i dont get why r u trying to compare something thats not finished yet, dont you want to comapre to the final tests, or you know something that we dont know which is it.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
Have we spoken?

I don't know the corrected numbers, I never asked, I really don't care for 2 reasons:

1) They aren't from the same dyno (they will be next week at which point I'll care)

2) mthis only had around 100 miles on the tune when testing. As he or anyone with one of our CDTs will tell you, the cars continue to get quicker/faster with more miles. Hopefully by Monday mthis will have at least 400 miles on the tune.

I'm all for objective testing, but at the same time it has to be fair and as consistant and accurate as possible regarding the testing methods.

One final point, I cannot stress enough how important the initial break-in period is after installing our tuning. I've said it ad nauseum, and I'll keep repeating myself as much as I have to, you absolutey positively have to drive it like you stole it (WOT as much as possible, through as many gears as possible) to let the controllers learn. Otherwise you'll never see the true potential of the tuning.

Thanks
Andy

hey im going out for a ride right now.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by MHP
Honestly, I think you should go with an Evosport/PC tune.

I'm not sure who you talked to, and it doesn't really matter because they're wrong and/or ignorant, but you should know there is a GIANT learning curve when reinstalling a tuned ECU/TCU. Older MB OS allowed for max gains to be seen at 200 hard miles, with the newer OS we're looking at 400-500 miles.
Honestly, I hope your right because I'm still interested I guess time will tell I'm looking for the bottom line which shouldn't be hard to find. And as far as who I've spoken to (no names) and I really don't want to get into who said what, but they've worked with the guy which developed coded these tunes on your end, and Not Evosport.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Honestly, I hope your right because I'm still interested I guess time will tell I'm looking for the bottom line which shouldn't be hard to find. And as far as who I've spoken to (no names) and I really don't want to get into who said what, but they've worked with the guy which developed coded these tunes on your end, and Not Evosport.
I don't think I'm following what you're saying? Are you saying you heard different info from Dave or myself regarding the learning issue? Because that's not a possibility.
If you spoke to another tuner, God only knows what they told you.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:01 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
Originally Posted by MHP
Not sure on the right hand drive cars. I'd have to have one on hand, or send you a set of headers to see about fitment.
Honestly, pass on the Carlsson ECU. We make more power/torque, have better part throttle drivability (they don't even do part throttle) and offer TCU tuning.
That being said if you're stuck on a Carlsson ECU, we can add TCU to the cal without changing your base Carlsson ECU tune--just the parts of the ECU necessary to allow the TCU changes to work.
but will you be able to tune the car for the carlsson exhaust? the kit i will be getting has full exhaust from headers back. their tune is supposedly for this exhaust combo. i mean if you can tune the car to be stronger than the carlsson tune with the carlsson exhaust, then i am more than willing to send you my ecu for the ecu part too.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by mthis
what you missing here is that i toled you on the phone and on this fourm that i will not release any dyno graphs done from there till i go back to my original dyno place.

you know what i dont get why r u trying to compare something thats not finished yet, dont you want to comapre to the final tests, or you know something that we dont know which is it.
Yes I do because my dyno will be done on the same one you just pull'd 2 days ago @ Crazyhorse... so (both cars yours mine) compared pull #'s for me will be accurate (on the same machine) this is for my sake,,,,make sense? I understand your point and you're 100% right about your final #'s. I don't wish to run out to LI to compare it there. Myself along with "you know who" will be running our first dyno. So this comparison test will be good for you also, most if not all of these engines can only be off by + - 6% stock WHP so it should not be hard to figure out your gains from my stock WHP. This is the reason why I'm getting my dyno run at Crazyhorse... That being said, now I'm about to go crazy So Houston does this make sense 2 you now?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:12 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a_Y
but will you be able to tune the car for the carlsson exhaust? the kit i will be getting has full exhaust from headers back. their tune is supposedly for this exhaust combo. i mean if you can tune the car to be stronger than the carlsson tune with the carlsson exhaust, then i am more than willing to send you my ecu for the ecu part too.
We could never see your car and still make significantly more power/torque than their spec tune no question. If you're talking about a manifold back exhaust, it's really not a big deal to tune for. It takes far more time to dial in a true full exhaust (longtubes to tailpipe). I just hate to see people pay twice for the same part/service.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 02-06-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
most if not all of these engines can only be off by + - 6% stock WHP so it should not be hard to figure out your gains from my stock WHP.
FWIW, 375rw (good avg baseline on a DJ in 5th gear SAE corrected for a C63) x 6%= 22.5rwhp

Pretty large difference in my book.

Same car, same dyno, same procedure is the only way to test.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
FWIW, 375rw (good avg baseline on a DJ in 5th gear SAE corrected for a C63) x 6%= 22.5rwhp

Pretty large difference in my book.

Same car, same dyno, same procedure is the only way to test.

Thanks
Andy

The truth will be in the pudding next week, 3 identical cars one being mthis (your V3 tuned) two being stock before tune all will have 3 pulls each... Excited? Well I am
Old 02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
The truth will be in the pudding next week, 3 identical cars one being mthis (your V3 tuned) two being stock before tune all will have 3 pulls each... Excited? Well I am
**** yeah!!! Who's the other stocker?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:32 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
Originally Posted by MHP
We could never see your car and still make significantly more power/torque than their spec tune no question. If you're talking about a manifold back exhaust, it's really not a big deal to tune for. It takes far more time to dial in a true full exhaust (longtubes to tailpipe). I just hate to see people pay twice for the same part/service.

Thanks
Andy
Sorry what I meant was their kit consists of headers, sports cats, mid pipe and muffler. So it is a full exhaust kit.

My dilema is that I am over the other side of the world where our cars are right hand drive. I need to get a kit that is compatible with right hand drive and I am happy that the Carlsson kit does. It does give me a nice gain too from 518hp to 600hp. I mean if your tune can work with their full exhaust and make more power than their tune, I will be more than happy to let you tune my car. However the problem is becuz I can't send my car over to you for the tune. So even if you put in a tune, it will not be optimized for the full exhaust, unless you can tune for it..

On the other hand, if my car is a left hand drive, I can tell you that I will easily buy your full exhaust and tunes. It will save me trouble and money.

Anyhow, I think I will still send my ecu over to you for the tcu tune. Thanks Andy.

Art
Old 02-06-2009, 11:42 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a_Y
Sorry what I meant was their kit consists of headers, sports cats, mid pipe and muffler. So it is a full exhaust kit.

My dilema is that I am over the other side of the world where our cars are right hand drive. I need to get a kit that is compatible with right hand drive and I am happy that the Carlsson kit does. It does give me a nice gain too from 518hp to 600hp. I mean if your tune can work with their full exhaust and make more power than their tune, I will be more than happy to let you tune my car. However the problem is becuz I can't send my car over to you for the tune. So even if you put in a tune, it will not be optimized for the full exhaust, unless you can tune for it..

On the other hand, if my car is a left hand drive, I can tell you that I will easily buy your full exhaust and tunes. It will save me trouble and money.

Anyhow, I think I will still send my ecu over to you for the tcu tune. Thanks Andy.

Art
Art,
Thanks for the clarification on the components used. The good news is that 63s are 63s, as in they are identical from the airboxes to the exhaust ports--meaning the tuning is 99% the same regardless of model. Add to the fact that our C63 is now also sporting a full exhaust (longtube to tailpipe) as such we already have a great v3 base cal for 63s with full exhaust.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 02-07-2009, 12:12 AM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
great to hear that!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
or mayb we can try to work sth out to have right hand drive versions of your headers work!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
hey monday everything will be solved.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 AM

We'll be there at 10am
Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
We'll be there at 10am
i wont be ther, you guys have fun i have to be at L.I at 11 am.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:06 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Break-in after tune

Andy,
I understand what you said about driving it WOT after the tune. What if you were not able to do that, but at some other point in time soon after, then run it as hard as you can...will the potential still be realized? If not, why not?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
mhp, is your tune $2500 us? and if i want one do i have to send my ecu to you?

thanks
h
Old 02-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Almost a Member!

MTM AUDI TT October Built C63 AMG Palladium Silver. PP ,CF,Alcantara Steering wheel
How much is the complete package Andy? V3 Ecu/Tcu Full Exhaust and carbon intake and all the necessary accessories thermostat etc...
Old 02-08-2009, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Andy,
I understand what you said about driving it WOT after the tune. What if you were not able to do that, but at some other point in time soon after, then run it as hard as you can...will the potential still be realized? If not, why not?
andy is suspended,
Old 02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
mhp, is your tune $2500 us? and if i want one do i have to send my ecu to you?

thanks
h
no the tune is 4500 for v2, and v3 is a lil more then that.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by highlander
How much is the complete package Andy? V3 Ecu/Tcu Full Exhaust and carbon intake and all the necessary accessories thermostat etc...
andy is under suspention right now ill talk to him and let you know.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mthis
andy is suspended,
why

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP ECU/TCU DYNO