MHP ECU/TCU DYNO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
MHP ECU/TCU DYNO

hello everyone, for does people who are interested in MHP ECU/TCU here is some feed back,

i got my tune back wed night and drove around for about 60 miles last night just to get the tune inline, today i woke up and did another 100miles so i can break in even more. and i also did some dyno's as well but im not ganna post any results b/c they are NOT from the same dyno as my base line dyno is, and i also dint break in FULL YET. anyway i did get a 446.9 whp UNCORRECTED and at the time i only had about 120 miles on the tune. ALSO everytime i made a pull my car made more power, i did 3 pulls and everytime i gain alot of power this is just the most i did.

anyway, Monday i will be going back to the dyno wher i did my original baseline and then i will update everyone with the dyno charts and what ever else you guys need.

P.s: this tune is sick, man how this car feels when it get opened up 540hp of PURE 100% BEAST. Andy you da man bro, you know you dodo, (i might get a point if i say something else lol )
Old 02-06-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like the ECU tune performed as advertised, as others have said with the MHP tune. Did you get the V2 or V3 tune?

Also, the different V1, V2, and V3 tunes just pertains to the TCU tuning right, the ECU tune is the same throughout regardless of which version?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like the ECU tune performed as advertised, as others have said with the MHP tune. Did you get the V2 or V3 tune?

Also, the different V1, V2, and V3 tunes just pertains to the TCU tuning right, the ECU tune is the same throughout regardless of which version?
He's running our latest/greatest v3 cal. Wait until you see 100 octane results.

We've made improvements to both the ECU and TCU cals for v3, it's basically a hotter tune overall than v2, as v2 was to v1 (with regard to both ECU and TCU).

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
andy the guys face today in the m3 was priceless, i cant belive i did that to a m3 owner lol
Old 02-06-2009, 12:43 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
wow this tune sounds incredible. Can you describe how much the shifting in manual has changed? Does it feel noticeably faster? Can you double down shift at all?

Thanks and ENJOY!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
Originally Posted by mthis
andy the guys face today in the m3 was priceless, i cant belive i did that to a m3 owner lol
please share to us the full story!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM

bike
446.9? Wow...that sounds incredible. Nice Job!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a_Y
It was a E92 (Sedan with manual trans) and I do believe mthis not only pissed but took a dump in his wheaties.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
It was a E92 (Sedan with manual trans) and I do believe mthis not only pissed but took a dump in his wheaties.
i swear the more and more i drive the car the more the trans shifts harder. i think i need a new pair of dr's
Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by g.smiley
wow this tune sounds incredible. Can you describe how much the shifting in manual has changed? Does it feel noticeably faster? Can you double down shift at all?

Thanks and ENJOY!
but it this was, if ther was a camera in my car to see my face reaction while the car shifts in sport, it would be priceless, this is from my gf she called me today and toled me that she has a stiff neck.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by a_Y
poor guy thught i had a stock c63 mean while i only had about 80 miles on my tune at that time, i could not open my windows and talk to him but i was passing him with no problem. and spining at the same time. on run we left from a stand still i was spinning and taking off and short shifted my mistake and still in front.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
haha nice kill man!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
446.9? Wow...that sounds incredible. Nice Job!!!
that was uncorreced numbers. but still pumps and my car wheels alot stronger today.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
i swear the more and more i drive the car the more the trans shifts harder. i think i need a new pair of dr's
It's going to keep getting quicker/harder for 400-500 miles.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:48 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
so MHP, is the v3 tune only on the ecu? or does it also apply to the tcu? and is it available for the sl63?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a_Y
so MHP, is the v3 tune only on the ecu? or does it also apply to the tcu? and is it available for the sl63?
v3 ECU/TCU is an improved version of v2 (we still carry v2 for $1000 less than v3) on both sides ( ECU and TCU) of the driveline. Yes we can tune the SL63 MCT and ECU no problem. We've done 4 to date, with I believe 2 in Hong Kong and the other 2 being in the middle east.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
i may be getting the carlsson performance kit for my car with includes airbox, full exhaust and ecu

i am getting that mainly due to the 600hp it offers and also its compatibility with right hand drive cars. i am wondering if you guys will develop an exhaust system for the sl63 and also for right hand drive cars?

if i do end up getting the carlsson kit, can i still get my ecu to you for tcu upgrades? will it affect the tuning that carlsson has done?
Old 02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a_Y
i may be getting the carlsson performance kit for my car with includes airbox, full exhaust and ecu

i am getting that mainly due to the 600hp it offers and also its compatibility with right hand drive cars. i am wondering if you guys will develop an exhaust system for the sl63 and also for right hand drive cars?

if i do end up getting the carlsson kit, can i still get my ecu to you for tcu upgrades? will it affect the tuning that carlsson has done?
Not sure on the right hand drive cars. I'd have to have one on hand, or send you a set of headers to see about fitment.
Honestly, pass on the Carlsson ECU. We make more power/torque, have better part throttle drivability (they don't even do part throttle) and offer TCU tuning.
That being said if you're stuck on a Carlsson ECU, we can add TCU to the cal without changing your base Carlsson ECU tune--just the parts of the ECU necessary to allow the TCU changes to work.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
that was uncorreced numbers. but still pumps and my car wheels alot stronger today.
We need to get the Corrected #'s out from your Dyno pull's you did Not the Uncorrected #'s, I've been told that the Uncorrected #'s will come in much higher and are totally off and in actuate. If you don't have the corrected #'s I'll be stopping into Crazyhorse and will pull your "Corrected" numbers on Monday when I do my Stock pulls and compare pulls for a true WHP
Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by dlbello
We need to get the Corrected #'s out from your Dyno pull's you did Not the Uncorrected #'s, I've been told that the Uncorrected #'s will come in much higher and are totally off and in actuate. If you don't have the corrected #'s I'll be stopping into Crazyhorse and will pull your "Corrected" numbers on Monday when I do my Stock pulls and compare pulls for a true WHP
did you even read what i originaly posted up there ^.

ohh by the way i have the corrected numbers, but since i only had a lil over 100miles on the tune im not going to compare the graphs side by side with my stock. and i did NOT MAKE MY ORIGINAL DYNO THERE that one of the other reasons i will not compare to the same ones.

p:s. NO DYNO place would ever show you someone elses DYNO pulls so good luck with that one.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Uncorrected #s aren't always higher (not talking about this case specifically as I'm sure they are due to it being winter) than corrected #s. In the summer the opposite is true, corrected #s are higher than uncorrected. Also remember that winter formulated 93 is more on par with 91 than summer 93.

On another note, you should probably ask permission to access someone else's data instead of saying you're going to "pull" it for them. At our dyno, unless someone show me consent from the third party in question, there's no chance in hell I'm showing anyone anything. That's simply not my place to do.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 PM

did you even read what i originaly posted up there ^.

ohh by the way i have the corrected numbers, but since i only had a lil over 100miles on the tune im not going to compare the graphs side by side with my stock. and i did NOT MAKE MY ORIGINAL DYNO THERE that one of the other reasons i will not compare to the same ones.

p:s. NO DYNO place would ever show you someone elses DYNO pulls so good luck with that one.
OK, if you say so... What was the average (3) CORRECTED pull's??? I'd like to compare yours with the (2) C63's that will be done Monday, as you already know. These are hand made stock engines blue prints of each other which can't be too far off of each other, so by you giving me what your TRUE average pull is I'll have a ball park figure from your tune or I'll wait until I see you Monday with my own eye's as we last spoke... Just trying to keep everyone honest about these Tunes which cost mucho $... As far as you getting more power from running this "might" be true on the TCU side... The ECU WHP should not change and BTW I've spoken to people which do these tunes first hand. I'm not a pro racer but I have friends that are... I guess next week we'll see the real deal if all goes as planned.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:15 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
OK, if you say so... What was the average (3) CORRECTED pull's??? I'd like to compare yours with the (2) C63's that will be done Monday, as you already know. These are hand made stock engines blue prints of each other which can't be too far off of each other, so by you giving me what your TRUE average pull is I'll have a ball park figure from your tune or I'll wait until I see you Monday with my own eye's as we last spoke... Just trying to keep everyone honest about these Tunes which cost mucho $... As far as you getting more power from running this "might" be true on the TCU side... The ECU WHP should not change and BTW I've spoken to people which do these tunes first hand. I'm not a pro racer but I have friends that are... I guess next week we'll see the real deal if all goes as planned.
Honestly, I think you should go with an Evosport/PC tune.

I'm not sure who you talked to, and it doesn't really matter because they're wrong and/or ignorant, but you should know there is a GIANT learning curve when reinstalling a tuned ECU/TCU. Older MB OS allowed for max gains to be seen at 200 hard miles, with the newer OS we're looking at 400-500 miles.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
Uncorrected #s aren't always higher (not talking about this case specifically as I'm sure they are due to it being winter) than corrected #s. In the summer the opposite is true, corrected #s are higher than uncorrected. Also remember that winter formulated 93 is more on par with 91 than summer 93.

On another note, you should probably ask permission to access someone else's data instead of saying you're going to "pull" it for them. At our dyno, unless someone show me consent from the third party in question, there's no chance in hell I'm showing anyone anything. That's simply not my place to do.

Thanks
Andy
Andy,
Thanks for the heads up but everyone involved have been talking on the phone back and forth... So its no secret and also why would it be such a secret to know the corrected #'s? and then compare them. Makes sense to me, this would only benefit the end user... me along w/ others right? unless I'm missing something
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

again you cant compare something thats not fully done, and i dint get my baseline dyno from there so its not fare to do side by side with that dyno place. Monday im going back to my dyno wher i got a baseline done and then you can compare all you want.
and i will also be going to crazthorse AFTER my original dyno place,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP ECU/TCU DYNO