Psh , richmond to be excat where the cops chase asians

=P
Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by Jeffield

=P
You mean where they chase people who drive like maniacs on public roads? I don't think "Asians" alone as a continent are responsible for such acts.. I too am from Asia but not from where you think.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
just my opinion but i cant understand y a parent would giv an 18 yo kid keys to a 451 horsepower car -

if i had a kid, and this happened, i would beat him senseless...

Im not flaming u Jeffield, i just know that if i had this car when I was 18, id get in a LOT of trouble with it...just be careful, especially near school with people (kids) all over the place...

and y r u paying $2100 for tires?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by mrtesting
You mean where they chase people who drive like maniacs on public roads? I don't think "Asians" alone as a continent are responsible for such acts.. I too am from Asia but not from where you think.
I spent 18 years working in Asia. You should see how people drive in Shanghai, Taipei, and Bangkok. It's absolutely hilarious. But for all that chaos (by North American standards), there are surprisingly few accidents.

Anyway, that's .

Jeffield, there's got to be a way to replace your tires for less than $2,100. Have you shopped around?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Originally Posted by PatSC23
just my opinion but i cant understand y a parent would giv an 18 yo kid keys to a 451 horsepower car -

Im not flaming u Jeffield, i just know that if i had this car when I was 18, id get in a LOT of trouble with it...just be careful, especially near school with people (kids) all over the place...

Because some parents are balling out of control!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:54 AM

2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by Jeffield

=P

I too, albeit 20 years older than Jeffield, live in Richmond and the RCMP are indeed the biggest dicks in Western Canada. Although Jeff deserved the initial ticket for blowing-by the stop sign at 40, the cop sees a kid with an expensive car and comes to the stereotypical conclusion that he's either a gangster kid, or a little rich *******. The officer then feels the need to administer street justice and to take his mind off his self-loathing life, he will issue ticket after ticket and finishes it off with an inspection notice which is solely designed to inconvenience someone.

Ok, rant over!

Seriously though, it's hard to tell Jeff not to drive like a kid because, he is a kid. He'll have to learn the hard way because that's just life's process so no sense in getting on his back. However Jeff, you have to understand that you're on the RCMP's unpublished blacklist. You will be stopped frequently so be prepared from now on. This blacklist is used by the whole department to tag 'troublemakers'. I've never been stopped by them or hassled by them and I have a clean driving record myself, but I know they like to tag kids with expensive cars. And in Richmond, there are plenty. My only advice is to be polite and cooperative to any cop that stops you. There's a reason why certain type of people feel the need to be cops. These are small men with a lot of power. Be safe.

Last edited by jws444; 02-09-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by jws444
I too, albeit 20 years older than Jeffield, live in Richmond and the RCMP are indeed the biggest dicks in Western Canada. Although Jeff deserved the initial ticket for blowing-by the stop sign at 40, the cop sees a kid with an expensive car and comes to the stereotypical conclusion that he's either a gangster kid, or a little rich *******. The officer then feels the need to administer street justice and to take his mind off his self-loathing life, he will issue ticket after ticket and finishes it off with an inspection notice which is solely designed to inconvenience someone.

Ok, rant over!

Seriously though, it's hard to tell Jeff not to drive like a kid because, he is a kid. He'll have to learn the hard way because that's just life's process so no sense in getting on his back. However Jeff, you have to understand that you're on the RCMP's unpublished blacklist. You will be stopped frequently so be prepared from now on. This blacklist is used by the whole department to tag 'troublemakers'. I've never been stopped by them or hassled by them and I have a clean driving record myself, but I know they like to tag kids with expensive cars. And in Richmond, there are plenty. My only advice is to be polite and cooperative to any cop that stops you. There's a reason why certain type of people feel the need to be cops. These are small men with a lot of power. Be safe.

Hello, i do understand what you mean in many ways but i did not blow through a stop sign.. it was because i was going around the corner too fast and it was not even a sharp corner i will post a picture later when i get off class, but also because many kids do drive at my school and they do the same the neighbourhood has called the police for attention... It was not just me another kid got a 109 ticket because his N sign was sideways... but yeah the Tow truck and car inspection is just for waste of money and its for inconvience of me but anyways, i talked to the police after and he said there is nothing wrong with doing the corner too fast, but its just because people have complained and they have to set an example so my friends would not do the same

Also, I do agree with what everyone else said about being 17 and owning a car with 451 horsepower but like I said, other than driving fast on average of 70 - 80 on normal roads and on highways at late night maybe 140 and sometimes 200 just to play with the car.... but when i see a car i quickly slow down as i do not want to die... but there are kids that dont have self control and think its fun. But yeah on a normal day out of school i usually just a normal slow turn but that day i was in a hurry to go pick up my girlfriend as i was late already...

But yeah~~
Old 02-10-2009, 01:37 PM

C63 AMG
We should feed RCMP more Timmies.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Sometimes people just believe if you are the same age group with those stupid kids, then you will do the same stupid things! But don't be mad, if you stay on the right track, and behave yourself on the street! You will be fine!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Sorry to hear that Jeffield. Next time just go to the track and get it out of your system. Trust me its waaaay cheaper than what you are having to pay now.

This car comes with much responsibilities. Go to the track and burn some rubber or w/e and drive responsibly on the the roads or else this will keep happening. Trust!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Not every 18 year old drives like jeffield taking turns at 40mph with bald tires and going 200mph on a highway and not a track.

I just turned 18 and got a C63 when the lease to my first car was up. if your kid proves he can handle himself behind the wheel of a fast car, i dont see why you shouldnt be able to trust him with 451 hp
Old 02-11-2009, 04:52 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
anybody else not believing a word of that story?
hahahahah!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by chumpfasho
Not every 18 year old drives like jeffield taking turns at 40mph with bald tires and going 200mph on a highway and not a track.

I just turned 18 and got a C63 when the lease to my first car was up. if your kid proves he can handle himself behind the wheel of a fast car, i dont see why you shouldnt be able to trust him with 451 hp
I am in the same boat you're in; got mine for birthday from parents. However I believe all parents should enroll their kids in a mandatory High Performance Driving Event before handing over the keys to such a powerful car. This sill teach them the basics of car control and safety that could potentially save their and other's lives when the occasion calls for it. Also it allows for these cars to be used to their max potential in a safe enviroment with a minimum of external variables.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM

08' S550,,,C63!
i would beat him senseless...

Thats a good one.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 PM

2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by chumpfasho

No offense intended, but you just turned 18 and your PARENT'S lease was up and your PARENT'S got you a C63. I think you have to be atleast 19 to enter a financial contract and you wouldn't qualify for a lease anyways at such a young tender age with no credit history.

I also disagree that most parents know how to judge their kid - especially when it comes to driving. I mean all these kids mowing-down people (such as on 4th ave a few days ago), and drag racing....they don't go home and tell their parents about this obviously. They only way for a parent to know is when the cop rings the doorbell to let them know that their kid is either dead or arrested for driving 250km/h.

Last edited by jws444; 02-11-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
No offense intended, but you just turned 18 and your PARENT'S lease was up and your PARENT'S got you a C63. I think you have to be atleast 19 to enter a financial contract and you wouldn't qualify for a lease anyways at such a young tender age with no credit history.

I also disagree that most parents know how to judge their kid - especially when it comes to driving. I mean all these kids mowing-down people (such as on 4th ave a few days ago), and drag racing....they don't go home and tell their parents about this obviously. They only way for a parent to know is when the cop rings the doorbell to let them know that their kid is either dead or arrested for driving 250km/h.
Which is why I recommend the parents enroll these kids in mandatory High Performance Driving Events, gives them a way to use the car in a safe enviroment and learn basic car control. Also track days are highly addictive and very fun!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:01 PM

C63
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I spent 18 years working in Asia. You should see how people drive in Shanghai, Taipei, and Bangkok. It's absolutely hilarious. But for all that chaos (by North American standards), there are surprisingly few accidents.

Anyway, that's .

Jeffield, there's got to be a way to replace your tires for less than $2,100. Have you shopped around?
HEY!!! I spend 3 months driving in Shanghai each year during the summer. It's different "driving culture" than here in the u.s., that's all I can say. Once you accustom to it, it's not that chaos as it looks. lol

btw, you get to practice your cutting lanes skill! j/k
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 PM

C63
I love Chinese restaurants in Richmond, they 100x better than Chinese food here in NY...
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 PM

C63
Originally Posted by yooker
Which is why I recommend the parents enroll these kids in mandatory High Performance Driving Events, gives them a way to use the car in a safe enviroment and learn basic car control. Also track days are highly addictive and very fun!
No offense, but I think if parents send their kids(teens) to high performance driving school as you mentioned, their kids die faster.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by wuyichao
HEY!!! I spend 3 months driving in Shanghai each year during the summer. It's different "driving culture" than here in the u.s., that's all I can say. Once you accustom to it, it's not that chaos as it looks. lol

btw, you get to practice your cutting lanes skill! j/k
Over taking with the horn pressed down, dodging on coming traffic, pedestrians, motorcycles, bikes. Paying off governemtn officials with cigarettes.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:38 PM

2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by wuyichao
No offense, but I think if parents send their kids(teens) to high performance driving school as you mentioned, their kids die faster.
Exactly. The tools learned would be used in a heartbeat to street race to prove 'you're the man' or to impress the girl in the passenger seat. There would be no "oh, I'll resist this urge to race and save it for the track." lol.

It'd be hard for even me as an adult to resist and I have nothing to prove.

Last edited by jws444; 02-11-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Exactly. The tools learned would be used in a heartbeat to street race to prove 'you're the man' or to impress the girl in the passenger seat. There would be no "oh, I'll resist this urge to race and save it for the track." lol.

It'd be hard for even me as an adult to resist and I have nothing to prove.
Speak for yourself only because I have been able to resist challeneges offered to me from other cars and drivers. I'd much rather take it to a safe enviroment where everything is legal. I have attended a couple of these events myself and I absolutely frown upon street racers.

Or if parents are really concerned about the safety of their kids in these cars, they have the option to install a monitoring system where it records excessive throttle application, brake application and sudden steering wheel movements along with an in car camera that records the driver and the road ahead. These data are all transmitted to the parent's e-mail automatically if any excessive movement was to happen to the vehicle.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Man, if I could only find a girl to try to impress.

Oh wait, I'm married. (Sorry, honey!)
Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 PM

'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Man, if I could only find a girl to try to impress.

Oh wait, I'm married. (Sorry, honey!)
Keep these comments up and you won't be allowed to come to the meet this summer.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Keep these comments up and you won't be allowed to come to the meet this summer.
Heh heh...chances are she'll be coming with me. You're ditching the missus?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Quick!