Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 or SL 63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Get used Hyundai Accent. It has great gas mileage and probably the only one you can afford

Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Lol B.S. all over the place.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
i think he is legit guys

stop the bashing and just help him out

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/l...s-arrived.html

i know its not really comparable between the c and the sl but hey these are the choices in his mind. we each have our own preferences.

i would say get the c63 if you need the rear seats and a larger trunk. the sl's trunk is very small. if you don't mind having just 2 seats and a small trunk, then get the sl63.

performance wise, they will be very similar. so it's all down to having seats or not and having a bigger trunk or not. hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 PM

C63 AMG
Want 4 doors and you can afford a SL63? the answer is a CLS63. No brainer.
Attached Thumbnails C63 or SL 63?-brabus_b63_cls_63_amg.jpg  
Old 02-09-2009, 04:25 PM

MB
Originally Posted by a_Y
i think he is legit guys

stop the bashing and just help him out

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/l...s-arrived.html

i know its not really comparable between the c and the sl but hey these are the choices in his mind. we each have our own preferences.

i would say get the c63 if you need the rear seats and a larger trunk. the sl's trunk is very small. if you don't mind having just 2 seats and a small trunk, then get the sl63.

performance wise, they will be very similar. so it's all down to having seats or not and having a bigger trunk or not. hope this helps.
Yes, sure. On one hand he has LP640 and on the other hand he asks everyone on the board to compare performance of C63 and SL63 for him which by his claims will be the decisive point. After all he says something about gas mileage.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Almost a Member!

wow you guys sound like a bunch of jealous *****. i would have to assume that they dont have a lot of those cars around india to test drive. hell in upstate ny i havent seen any amg's available for test drive this past year when i was looking for a car.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Huh? German-built Italian exotic? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Unless you are referring to the LP560?
Oxymoron is only useful for idiots with acne.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Oxymoron is only useful for idiots with acne.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
Originally Posted by dmsc1999
wow you guys sound like a bunch of jealous *****. i would have to assume that they dont have a lot of those cars around india to test drive. hell in upstate ny i havent seen any amg's available for test drive this past year when i was looking for a car.
+1
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E280 W211, X5 F15, X6 F16
Bunch of jealous ***** are involved in this thread
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E280 W211, X5 F15, X6 F16
Originally Posted by BKLYN_C
Get used Hyundai Accent. It has great gas mileage and probably the only one you can afford

Originally Posted by MercPlease
Lol B.S. all over the place.
Originally Posted by BKLYN_C
Yes, sure. On one hand he has LP640 and on the other hand he asks everyone on the board to compare performance of C63 and SL63 for him which by his claims will be the decisive point. After all he says something about gas mileage.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2000495-post60.html

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Threadstarter has been nothing but polite. I see no reason to attack him because he has a bit of a spread between his car options. I've known people that debated over a particular SUV versus a convertible.

I think it is far better to err on the side of friendliness towards others on here so long as they offer the same and it isn't particularly pressing that their claims are specious or circumspect.

I had an SLK55 on order and it was taking forever so I went with a C63 that the dealer was expecting. Never looked back. I like this car.

Peace to all.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
*chuckles*

I've been comparison shopping as of late also. You don't want to know what I've been comparing. It's weird.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
*chuckles*

I've been comparison shopping as of late also. You don't want to know what I've been comparing. It's weird.

Didn't I see you at the B1B bomber refurb show? Did you decide on the llama instead? Admittedly they can both drop a huge payload from the rear.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Didn't I see you at the B1B bomber refurb show? Did you decide on the llama instead? Admittedly they can both drop a huge payload from the rear.
ROFL!!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 AM

LP640
Wow. I was not expecting such a harsh reaction from every one here for comparing the C63 and SL63. Let me explain , why I even had the audacity to compare the two.

1 - I like both cars.
2 - Now the question as to why the indecision ? Sure , sounds dumb that one would even go as far as saying that 'please help me decide on two cars that are not even alike' . But like I said , I really like these cars. These cars are very expensive in India and are not available for test drives and are not even on display. Now , I do drive the LP640 on weekends (I'll come to the point of proving authencity of all cars that are in the family garage) . I just need a performance car that I can drive every day. I reside in a city , 250kms away from Delhi , and in my city , we have dealerships / work shops of Merc/Audi/BMW.

Audi and BMW are offering a limited range of their cars line up and Mercedes was the one to offer their entire global range. Now since the family already owns the Bentley FS and the LP and the 997 Carrera (each of which had a 110% custom duty over and above the invoice) , I could surely afford either the SL or the C63.

Now I liked the C63 because it was a (relatively) low profile, not -so - obvious attention getter car. It has 4 seats and is comfortable to drive. All points that I was looking for , in a dd car that was not an attention grabber.

At the same time , I also liked the SL. It looked good, it had better interiors than the C , it sounded a little better and had a retractable hardtop . But , it grabbed alot of attention , or it would have , where I live . I say this because even a SLK 200 in my city is an attention grabber. I then felt that , okay , the car looks good and all, but the performance of the two cars is nearly the same. So , why spend so much cash on something , that albeit looks better , but goes nearly as fast as the C. The C , offers almost the same performance and gives 2 more doors and seats and is inconspicuous.

It was then that I came here for help and wanted to know whether there were any other performance related or otherwise benefits of the SL over the C and whether the SL was dd'able or not , so that I could take a call on either.

Please tell me , how is that a crime? Agreed, I had not explained myself earlier , but still , does it deserve the abuses coming my way?

3 - Whether the mentioned cars (Porsche,LP640,Bentley) all belong to me or not? The LP is my car, the Bentley is my fathers car and the Porsche is my younger brothers car. Now since I can reasonably assume that none of you have any knowledge , neither regard , nor do any of you give a damn about culture in India, so I will not go ahead and illustrate why my father pays the expenses of all these cars. Yes , I am still a student and do not earn yet.

I also know what the rest of the world , and especially Americans think of Indians. So I would not be surprised if you make racist remarks and call me or Indians "curry breath" or "dell call center guys" . Please feel free to criticize me and hate me more , if that vents your frustrations . I hope these pictures that I clicked right now , are enough proof , as I would not want my face on the internet.

Attached is another link from an Indian forum .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...case-bull.html

Attached below is proof that all these cars are indeed in our family garage .
Attached Thumbnails C63 or SL 63?-img_1373.jpg   C63 or SL 63?-img_1374.jpg   C63 or SL 63?-img_1375.jpg  
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 AM

AMGs
Originally Posted by ecksreturns
Wow. I was not expecting such a harsh reaction from every one here for comparing the C63 and SL63. Let me explain , why I even had the audacity to compare the two.

1 - I like both cars.
2 - Now the question as to why the indecision ? Sure , sounds dumb that one would even go as far as saying that 'please help me decide on two cars that are not even alike' . But like I said , I really like these cars. These cars are very expensive in India and are not available for test drives and are not even on display. Now , I do drive the LP640 on weekends (I'll come to the point of proving authencity of all cars that are in the family garage) . I just need a performance car that I can drive every day. I reside in a city , 250kms away from Delhi , and in my city , we have dealerships / work shops of Merc/Audi/BMW.

Audi and BMW are offering a limited range of their cars line up and Mercedes was the one to offer their entire global range. Now since the family already owns the Bentley FS and the LP and the 997 Carrera (each of which had a 110% custom duty over and above the invoice) , I could surely afford either the SL or the C63.

Now I liked the C63 because it was a (relatively) low profile, not -so - obvious attention getter car. It has 4 seats and is comfortable to drive. All points that I was looking for , in a dd car that was not an attention grabber.

At the same time , I also liked the SL. It looked good, it had better interiors than the C , it sounded a little better and had a retractable hardtop . But , it grabbed alot of attention , or it would have , where I live . I say this because even a SLK 200 in my city is an attention grabber. I then felt that , okay , the car looks good and all, but the performance of the two cars is nearly the same. So , why spend so much cash on something , that albeit looks better , but goes nearly as fast as the C. The C , offers almost the same performance and gives 2 more doors and seats and is inconspicuous.

It was then that I came here for help and wanted to know whether there were any other performance related or otherwise benefits of the SL over the C and whether the SL was dd'able or not , so that I could take a call on either.

Please tell me , how is that a crime? Agreed, I had not explained myself earlier , but still , does it deserve the abuses coming my way?

3 - Whether the mentioned cars (Porsche,LP640,Bentley) all belong to me or not? The LP is my car, the Bentley is my fathers car and the Porsche is my younger brothers car. Now since I can reasonably assume that none of you have any knowledge , neither regard , nor do any of you give a damn about culture in India, so I will not go ahead and illustrate why my father pays the expenses of all these cars. Yes , I am still a student and do not earn yet.

I also know what the rest of the world , and especially Americans think of Indians. So I would not be surprised if you make racist remarks and call me or Indians "curry breath" or "dell call center guys" . Please feel free to criticize me and hate me more , if that vents your frustrations . I hope these pictures that I clicked right now , are enough proof , as I would not want my face on the internet.

Attached is another link from an Indian forum .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...case-bull.html

Attached below is proof that all these cars are indeed in our family garage .
Here you'll find some special kind of morons, just ignore them.

I'm well aware of Indian/Pakistani (almost same) culture and their needs, I'll say go for C63, I have both and I understand what car you're looking for, just DO IT!

Last edited by MB_hunter; 02-10-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 AM

LP640
Originally Posted by MB_hunter
Here you'll find some special kind morons, just ignore them.

I'm well aware of Indian/Pakistani (almost same) culture and their needs, I'll say go for C63, I have both and I understand what car you're looking for, just DO IT!
Thank you brother !
Old 02-10-2009, 03:38 AM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
ecksreturns,

i think i would go for the c63 if im in your situation. u already have a very nice 2 seater for the weekends and you mentioned you did not want your dd to be an attention grabber. althought the c and sl are both attention grabbers the c is definitely the one that will not get as much attention here. besides you can enjoy the benefits of the extra seats and the extra luggage space.

P.S. i think some of you guys owe the OP an apology.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
what's the point of driving any exotic in places like india?

i would sell the lambo too if i were u...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 AM

LP640
Originally Posted by phonetics
what's the point of driving any exotic in places like india?

i would sell the lambo too if i were u...
The entire country is not in shambles , as represented by the media. I live in chandigarh . It has one of the best roads in the country. And often when one buys these cars , it involves less of sense and more of emotions and passions.

As per your suggestion , there would be no exotic / high performance car company's willing to enter into India. But that is not the case. Those who wish to buy , will buy them.

And I wanted the lamborghini as a part of my collection. So no question of selling. That is the reason that I now looking for a daily driving car.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

The entire country is not in shambles , as represented by the media. I live in chandigarh . It has one of the best roads in the country. And often when one buys these cars , it involves less of sense and more of emotions and passions.

As per your suggestion , there would be no exotic / high performance car company's willing to enter into India. But that is not the case. Those who wish to buy , will buy them.

And I wanted the lamborghini as a part of my collection. So no question of selling. That is the reason that I now looking for a daily driving car.
lol in fairness they just built them! but the way India is, especially if you travel alot would be better to get a G wagon, either car you get you won't exactly be hidden, so I'd get the C63 ...Tata's not doing with the range rovers for india?

there are alot of indians on the board (I'm one of them) but we get tons of bull****ters too and lots of scam artists so we're pretty aggressive on calling them out...good luck on your choice

Last edited by harpz; 02-10-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:43 AM

LP640
Originally Posted by harpz
lol in fairness they just built them! but the way India is, especially if you travel alot would be better to get a G wagon, either car you get you won't exactly be hidden, so I'd get the C63 if you needed the extra room or just get an SL if you wanted a 2 door sports car...Tata's not doing with the range rovers for india?

there are alot of indians on the board (I'm one of them) but we get tons of bull****ters too and lots of scam artists so we're pretty aggressive on calling them out...good luck on your choice
The G series of Mercedes is just about to be launched in India. And yes I agree, better roads came in just a few years ago and only around rich neighborhoods . I will probably go with the C63 for its practicality and performance combination.

I also understand about scams and other posers. But what really disappointed and upset me was the opinions people had about Indians and me , when they say that , 'Get a hyundai cuz thats what you can afford' .

I mean , for God' sake grow up and wait for the proof to come of one being a poser and then bust him! God has blessed me with a good family and fortunes , how is that my fault? Why should I be stereotyped as either a poor/slum dog Indian or a rich ********?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

The G series of Mercedes is just about to be launched in India. And yes I agree, better roads came in just a few years ago and only around rich neighborhoods . I will probably go with the C63 for its practicality and performance combination.

I also understand about scams and other posers. But what really disappointed and upset me was the opinions people had about Indians and me , when they say that , 'Get a hyundai cuz thats what you can afford' .

I mean , for God' sake grow up and wait for the proof to come of one being a poser and then bust him! God has blessed me with a good family and fortunes , how is that my fault? Why should I be stereotyped as either a poor/slum dog Indian or a rich ********?
yeah I remember in India the roads were being built, I need to go back. I used to live there for a few years and went to school there. Good thing is India's growing pretty quick overall and my father says the roads are alot better there than here (which i'd believe)
Eh, if you put in India as your location I think you'd get a different response but there'd still be those guys saying that. And that's how it is no matter what you are, it's part of life people will always stereotype you, just live your life the way you want it lived and have fun living it. I'm sikh and i went to a redneck part in Florida...you'd be surprised how many times we got pulled over (and not for speeding) and this is also an internet forum so don't take everything personal.
Anyways, best of luck on your decision...the other reason I was mentioning the G was for security reasons.

Last edited by harpz; 02-10-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: it's 4 am
Old 02-10-2009, 04:56 AM

LP640
Originally Posted by harpz
yeah I remember in India the roads were being built, I need to go back. I used to live there for a few years and went to school there. Good thing is India's growing pretty quick overall and my father roads are alot better there than here (which i'd believe)
Eh, if you put in India as your location I think you'd get a different response but there'd still be those guys saying that. And that's how it is no matter what you are, it's part of life people will always stereotype you, just live your life the way you want it lived and have fun living it. I'm sikh and i went to a redneck part in Florida...you'd be surprised how many times we got pulled over (and not for speeding) and this is also an internet forum so don't take everything personal.
Anyways, best of luck on your decision...the other reason I was mentioning the G was for security reasoins.
I understand pahji. I am a sikh too. Karan Deep Singh . Friends call me Karan. Will take heed of your advice. Thanks a ton.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 or SL 63?