Sponsored by:

C63 or SL 63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E280 W211, X5 F15, X6 F16
Originally Posted by ecksreturns
The entire country is not in shambles , as represented by the media. I live in chandigarh . It has one of the best roads in the country. And often when one buys these cars , it involves less of sense and more of emotions and passions.

As per your suggestion , there would be no exotic / high performance car company's willing to enter into India. But that is not the case. Those who wish to buy , will buy them.

And I wanted the lamborghini as a part of my collection. So no question of selling. That is the reason that I now looking for a daily driving car.
+1

I think India's condition is almost like Indonesia. Some part where rich people is living large, the roads are very nice and smooth, and in some part where the media LOVEs to potray is very bad and even below poverty standard.

I knew a guy who purchased an Enzo in Indonesia, and he never regret it even for one second.

If you want to look subtle yet fast, get C63, but if you just want a fast sedan, get CLS63.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by ecksreturns
Wow. I was not expecting such a harsh reaction from every one here for comparing the C63 and SL63. Let me explain , why I even had the audacity to compare the two.

1 - I like both cars.
2 - Now the question as to why the indecision ? Sure , sounds dumb that one would even go as far as saying that 'please help me decide on two cars that are not even alike' . But like I said , I really like these cars. These cars are very expensive in India and are not available for test drives and are not even on display. Now , I do drive the LP640 on weekends (I'll come to the point of proving authencity of all cars that are in the family garage) . I just need a performance car that I can drive every day. I reside in a city , 250kms away from Delhi , and in my city , we have dealerships / work shops of Merc/Audi/BMW.

Audi and BMW are offering a limited range of their cars line up and Mercedes was the one to offer their entire global range. Now since the family already owns the Bentley FS and the LP and the 997 Carrera (each of which had a 110% custom duty over and above the invoice) , I could surely afford either the SL or the C63.

Now I liked the C63 because it was a (relatively) low profile, not -so - obvious attention getter car. It has 4 seats and is comfortable to drive. All points that I was looking for , in a dd car that was not an attention grabber.

At the same time , I also liked the SL. It looked good, it had better interiors than the C , it sounded a little better and had a retractable hardtop . But , it grabbed alot of attention , or it would have , where I live . I say this because even a SLK 200 in my city is an attention grabber. I then felt that , okay , the car looks good and all, but the performance of the two cars is nearly the same. So , why spend so much cash on something , that albeit looks better , but goes nearly as fast as the C. The C , offers almost the same performance and gives 2 more doors and seats and is inconspicuous.

It was then that I came here for help and wanted to know whether there were any other performance related or otherwise benefits of the SL over the C and whether the SL was dd'able or not , so that I could take a call on either.

Please tell me , how is that a crime? Agreed, I had not explained myself earlier , but still , does it deserve the abuses coming my way?

3 - Whether the mentioned cars (Porsche,LP640,Bentley) all belong to me or not? The LP is my car, the Bentley is my fathers car and the Porsche is my younger brothers car. Now since I can reasonably assume that none of you have any knowledge , neither regard , nor do any of you give a damn about culture in India, so I will not go ahead and illustrate why my father pays the expenses of all these cars. Yes , I am still a student and do not earn yet.

I also know what the rest of the world , and especially Americans think of Indians. So I would not be surprised if you make racist remarks and call me or Indians "curry breath" or "dell call center guys" . Please feel free to criticize me and hate me more , if that vents your frustrations . I hope these pictures that I clicked right now , are enough proof , as I would not want my face on the internet.

Attached is another link from an Indian forum .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...case-bull.html

Attached below is proof that all these cars are indeed in our family garage .

eck, I apologize Just seemed sort of odd to me. Don't have too much fun with all your toys.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
There were two consecutive years where Miss India won the Miss Universe Pageant. I have no problem with India.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
There were two consecutive years where Miss India won the Miss Universe Pageant. I have no problem with India.

+1
Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 PM

LP640
Guys , just curious. Can a stock C63 beat a stock m6 at a street drag?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E280 W211, X5 F15, X6 F16
I put my money on C63 if race from standing still to 1/4 miles ... but highway roll, I'm not too sure.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I've yet to come across an M6 (or even an M5) that was willing to play. I guess no one wants to lose face.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
Yeah, there's an obvious reason why the SL is more expensive than the C (interior, ect), and personally those reasons would make the SL my choice.

Or get a C and dump the rest of the money into upgrades in performance and styling if you're into that type of stuff; would be one badass C63!!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Danny_Boy
Yeah, there's an obvious reason why the SL is more expensive than the C (interior, ect), and personally those reasons would make the SL my choice.

Or get a C and dump the rest of the money into upgrades in performance and styling if you're into that type of stuff; would be one badass C63!!
But you realise, you could buy a lot of papadum and mutton masala with the savings in purchasing the C63 instead of the SL63.

I miss good Indian cuisine.