Tires from Costco or???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Tires from Costco or???

Hi All,

Just looking for some feedback on where to buy new tires.

Has anyone purchased from Costco?

If not, would you mind sharing with me where you purchased your tires from?

Just looking for some direction. I've used Costco in the past with no problems, great return policy and service. Granted, all of my other cars were Japanese:-)

Here's a link to some comparable tires at Costco: http://tires.costco.com/TSSapp/TireR...html?cid=22853

FYI - I only need tires that will perform well in normal, daily driving situations. I don't do burnouts and I don't track my C63. Not against it, I just don't have the desire or the skills honestly. I may take off from red lights quickly at times but honestly I've only laid rubber in this beast 2-3 times since I got it back on Halloween. I'd like to think I'll be able to get 10k miles out of the OEM tires but we'll see.

Thanks again,
Hawth

Thanks,
Hawth

Last edited by hawtheric1; 02-26-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
I got mine at discount tires. Only because costco only carries Michelin brand, and that's far too expensive for me on our cars especially if my tires wear out every 6000 miles with normal tires.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
I got mine at discount tires. Only because costco only carries Michelin brand, and that's far too expensive for me on our cars especially if my tires wear out every 6000 miles with normal tires.
Can I ask what brand you purchased from Discount Tires? Are you happy with the quality/performance? May I also ask how "spirited" is your driving style.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hawth
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
My style of driving is "normal" driving. Sometimes I'll take off just to hear the exhaust. But 90% of the time I just cruise on C mode. And even with that style of driving I still had to change my rears at 6000 miles. So I decided to go cheap on the tires if I have to change every 6000. I got Kumho. They're not bad. I'm not as much of a car enthusiast as most of the people here, but personally I don't think it's that bad of tires. I was going to go with Hankook but they were like 40 more.
On a side note, if you find that costco tires are cheaper, discount tires can match the price. I found Kumho tires on tirerack.com to be about 15 dollar cheaper per tire with shipping than what discount tire was advertising and they matched it for me.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Costco is excellent with tires and they dont only carry Michelin brand .. they have many different brands , for the C63 they only have Michelin PS2's and BF Goodrich G force's .. never tried the BF's , but i know the PS2's are one hell of a tire .. they just dont last very long if u have a heavy foot.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM

2009 C63 AMG
My style of driving is "normal" driving. Sometimes I'll take off just to hear the exhaust. But 90% of the time I just cruise on C mode. And even with that style of driving I still had to change my rears at 6000 miles. So I decided to go cheap on the tires if I have to change every 6000. I got Kumho. They're not bad. I'm not as much of a car enthusiast as most of the people here, but personally I don't think it's that bad of tires. I was going to go with Hankook but they were like 40 more.
On a side note, if you find that costco tires are cheaper, discount tires can match the price. I found Kumho tires on tirerack.com to be about 15 dollar cheaper per tire with shipping than what discount tire was advertising and they matched it for me.
My driving style is alot like yours. I only drive in "S" mode 1 day a week (Saturday). Otherwise, "C" mode is plenty fine.

I'm looking for a tire that will last longer than 6k miles and I don't mind paying for it to last closer to 35k miles. I'm just not sure if that's feasible. I don't want to lose any of the ride quality either.

Thanks for your reply.

Hawth
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chumpfasho
Costco is excellent with tires and they dont only carry Michelin brand .. they have many different brands , for the C63 they only have Michelin PS2's and BF Goodrich G force's .. never tried the BF's , but i know the PS2's are one hell of a tire .. they just dont last very long if u have a heavy foot.
Can you recommend a tire that will last a long time on the C63 under normal, mostly "C" mode driving?

Thanks in advance.

Hawth
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I've purchased tires from Costco for my 00' C230.The only problem with them is they will only mount the manufacturers recommended size on a OEM rim.I you want wider,you have to go elsewhere.They do offer nitrogen fill with every tire purchase.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C43AMG
I've purchased tires from Costco for my 00' C230.The only problem with them is they will only mount the manufacturers recommended size on a OEM rim.I you want wider,you have to go elsewhere.They do offer nitrogen fill with every tire purchase.
I'm fine with putting the OEM recommended sizes on the car.

Thank you for your reply.

Hawth
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Originally Posted by hawtheric1
Can you recommend a tire that will last a long time on the C63 under normal, mostly "C" mode driving?

Thanks in advance.

Hawth
Try the PS2 sport from michelin. It's suppose to be the next best thing than the pirellis we had on ours and last longer? I dunno, maybe some other members who got the tires can give you feed back in that department.

Costco carries other brands? They only had michelin and bf on website
Old 02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by C43AMG
^+1
and you have to get an alingment other wise you void the warranty
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by chumpfasho
PS2's are good tires BF’s are a little to noisy
Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 AM

2009 C63 K1
I just purchased Goodyear Eagle F1 all seasons for $235 ea. Not sure about wear yet but they seem to grip better than the Pirelli's.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:42 PM

C63
Originally Posted by yaymitch
I just purchased Goodyear Eagle F1 all seasons for $235 ea. Not sure about wear yet but they seem to grip better than the Pirelli's.
+1 on the Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S. Awesome aggressive tread and they grip better than the stock Pirelli's. The Pirelli's have a nice premium attached. I couldn't justify it. I got mine from Discount Tire. Check their website they let you schedule an appt and there was a $30 off coupon (off a set of 4 this was back in Nov but seemed like one of those web only things they keep extending) on the site. Only problem is that my TPMS light has been on since. They said they could re-use the sensor. I'm due to take to the stealer for Service A so I'lll have them look at it.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 PM

09 C63 steel grey
Originally Posted by jtdominate
...Only problem is that my TPMS light has been on since. They said they could re-use the sensor. I'm due to take to the stealer for Service A so I'lll have them look at it.
I had the same issue after I had my rear tires replaced. I actually forgot to ask that they leave the original sensors on(the vehicle was only 3 months old) until I drove off and the TMPS light kept going on even after resetting it. This went on for like 24 hours, and I reset about 5 or six times. After that it's all been working fine. Weird. Anyone have similar experience?