Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63 steel grey
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
LOVE THE AVATAR!

Just a little reality check.
For me, after all is said and done, it's still a car and needs to function as such.

Granted, it's an f - n awesome, super cala fragalistic expialadoscious, rock your and your grandmas world car ... but you can't forget the 'car' in that description.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Stock rubber lines have a tendence to expand under heat/pressure giving you that "spongy" feeling under hard braking. Stainless lines will eliminate that and provide a much more direct feel when applying the brake pedal.
Aaah. Got it,... thanks! Makes sense. Wonder how expensive such a mod would be? Actually,... I saw a Dream Car Garage episode that touched on this some time back. They were replacing the entire system on a Buick Grand National I believe, and talked about all the exotic and computerized tube bending machines out there designed to shape the tubing without kinks.

I think this show is out of Canada. Not nearly as entertaining as that show out of the U.K. featuring those Three Stooges! That show is hilarious,... and good! But hilarious! Watched it last nite about the cars coming out of the former Soviet Blok. Man was that funny!

Last edited by ericpd; 03-17-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:48 PM

Well if you want to really tighten up your brake setup all you need is....

1. Stainless Steel Brake Lines
2. D0T 4 Brake fluid ( I use RBF600 )
3. Drilled/Slotted Rotors ( I like R1 rotors because they angle their drill holes )

All the above will tighten up the feel on braking and pedal work. Not too mention the slot/drill rotors always look badass
Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by yooker
M5 115 mph
CTS-V's 114.7 mph
C63's 112.3 mph

Bone stock CTS-Vs in Milan, MI were running 12.4 (auto) and 12.3 (manual) @ 121mph. That's BONE STOCK including tires. A set of drag radials alone would get 'em close to 11's.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:24 PM

^ once you get a few on the track and with some broken in miles you WILL see them in the 11's w/ dr's if not even stock.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2006 Mercedes E55 AMG, 2006 Ford Mustang GT
MB C32 Vs. CTS-V?

I pick the CTS-V hands down. More power and torque.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silverarrow1
I pick the CTS-V hands down. More power and torque.
CTS-V vs C32?!?!?!? Are you serious? Isn't that illegal,... kinda like spousal abuse. LOL! Who posed that anyway?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1st amg
ericpd, dont forget to take some video of your car with the headers and exhaust......very important, there is a guy around here who has the last generation V with headers and full exhaust...one night he launched the car in the downtown business district(lots of tall buildings and concrete) and I was outside a restaurant in valet waiting for my car with my wife, and holy S#$T, I thought it was Nascar that was let loose on the street, so I can imagine what your car with a whistle and whine from the supercharger would sound like.....but you should have gone with a C63
The end of my video (3:30s) has my Kooks headers/Magnaflow exhaust setup. I used to scare the crap out of little old ladies on the sidewalks.

http://www.facebook.com/v/24417809674

Last edited by SeattleBum; 03-17-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM

09' C63 AMG
Haha wow did no one see that I actually said that the CTV-V does have amazing performance...

THAT WAS NOT MY ARGUMENT... for you to say that I am not a TRUE entrusiast because I cant look past a brand is hilarious, because I've owned a cadillac before and no I will NEVER own one again, FROM EXPERIENCE.

The fact that most of you on this thread cant seem to admit that american cars are absolute S**T is also hilarious. It is an absolute FACT. Say whatever you want, but the TRUTH remains.

Let me say this again, YES THE CTS-V has great performance, but that is not everything...
A TRUE enthisiast will look at the whole picture... Ive done my research maybe you should do yours. If you want to go american good for you, you will help the economy but not urself.

Ive owned 2 benz's, 1 bimmer, 1 infiniti, and 1 cadillac before this, so YES i sperak from experience. Of course every car company has its issues along the line but why dont you compare the issues of ANY american car.

LOL YES I must admit I am a TROLL, you got me
Old 03-17-2009, 05:51 PM

09' C63 AMG
Sorry for the spelling im at work so I have to rush...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM

09' C63 AMG
Qualitative Analysis can be very beneficial... You should try it before you start the name calling.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Time to get an Alfa, then i'll appreciate what being a true car enthusiasts is.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by DaGS1800
The fact that most of you on this thread cant seem to admit that american cars are absolute S**T is also hilarious. It is an absolute FACT. Say whatever you want, but the TRUTH remains.
I think the problem here is that you're the only one that seems to think that all American cars are crap. Your own personal experience matters only to you. The rest of us look at ratings and reports to derive "FACT" and "TRUTH". You also make the mistake of lumping the 15 different American brands together into one "American" image. Multiple American cars from multiple American manufacturers in the past 5 years have repeatedly posted up vehicles with equal or better reliability data. The often-bashed Mustang is one of them. Just like not ALL MB vehicles are considered reliable (previous S-class comes to mind). I think your problem is you expect a $20,000 American car to perform and feel as special as a $50k+ Mercedes. You don't think that $30k makes a difference in perceived quality? I assure you that fine leather and soft-touch plastic surfaces do make a person feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 PM

BTW, my 2005 Cayenne Turbo cost $105k new. It is nearly 5 years old now. Here are the things I've had done under warranty (from what I can remember):

1. Replaced 4 tailgate struts that went bad (gate would only stay 1/2 way open) It is acting up again...
2. New battery
3. Broken motor mount stabilizer
4. Replaced leaking plastic radiator connector with aluminum connector.
5. Some kind of oil leak around one of the turbos had to be fixed (reason??)
6. Plastic radio buttons on steering wheel, around navi, all 4 door window buttons, entire lower panels of rear seats, rear air vents and one rear window shade replaced due to peeling paint on surfaces.
7. All 8 coil packs replaced b/c 1/2 of them were cracked
8. As of yet still undiagnosed lighting errors on startup (only occasionally)
9. Fixed some kind of joint in the steering b/c it was giving me a 'bump' when turning right.

Would an unbiased person say that my car is a POS? Yep. Would DAGS1800 say that Porsche makes crappy cars? Probably not - but he's quick to say that Caddy makes crappy cars b/c apparently he used to own one.

Would I have the *****, after considering these problems, and still tell the guy in the Camaro that his car is a POS? Nope. It might not have a leather dash board or headrest monitors but it probably didn't have as many quality issues as my $105k Porsche.

Last edited by SeattleBum; 03-17-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:12 PM

STi
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Bone stock CTS-Vs in Milan, MI were running 12.4 (auto) and 12.3 (manual) @ 121mph. That's BONE STOCK including tires. A set of drag radials alone would get 'em close to 11's.
121 mph.. The V is making some serious power.
Just imagine if it were the same weight the same as a C63.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 PM

09' C63 AMG
All of your points are valid, but you are begining to generalize what I am saying. I dont think a 20k american car should be like a 50k benz, nor would I think porshce's would NEVER have any problems, because as I said along the line all cars have their share.

Believe me I am not the ONLY one with this negative view of the American brand. And I don’t mean to fuse all company's into one image, however you steering away from the point. I am curious why you chose to spend the money on a cayenne turbo when you can get an SRT-8 for a fraction of the price yet similar performance, not better but close enough... or why would you purchase any amg or maserati, or an audi R8 for example when you can buy a corvette Z06 for a fraction of the price? I never said they should be equal even when they are much cheaper, but there is a reason why they are cheaper.

Yes, my personal experience further strengthens my negative opinion, however it doesn’t make it wrong. I am sorry to hear about your porsche, but I never said audi, benz, bmw, maseratti, ferrari, lambo, etc. are perfect. NOR did I say that ALL mercedes are top of the line quality and amazing cars, so please don’t take what I say out of context.

I will also admit that cadillacs are probably the best American car brand there is. But why don’t you look at the other brands, EVEN THEIR "ratings and reports to derive "FACT" and "TRUTH"." and tell me that their quality isn’t crap.

Like I said "QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS is beneficial." YES my personal experience shapes my opinion but my experience is not the only reason why I and MANY other feel this way.

BTW the issues with my caddy, and my brothers POS ford doubles your list.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by DaGS1800
All of your points are valid, but you are begining to generalize what I am saying. I dont think a 20k american car should be like a 50k benz, nor would I think porshce's would NEVER have any problems, because as I said along the line all cars have their share.

Believe me I am not the ONLY one with this negative view of the American brand. And I don’t mean to fuse all company's into one image, however you steering away from the point. I am curious why you chose to spend the money on a cayenne turbo when you can get an SRT-8 for a fraction of the price yet similar performance, not better but close enough... or why would you purchase any amg or maserati, or an audi R8 for example when you can buy a corvette Z06 for a fraction of the price? I never said they should be equal even when they are much cheaper, but there is a reason why they are cheaper.

Yes, my personal experience further strengthens my negative opinion, however it doesn’t make it wrong. I am sorry to hear about your porsche, but I never said audi, benz, bmw, maseratti, ferrari, lambo, etc. are perfect. NOR did I say that ALL mercedes are top of the line quality and amazing cars, so please don’t take what I say out of context.

I will also admit that cadillacs are probably the best American car brand there is. But why don’t you look at the other brands, EVEN THEIR "ratings and reports to derive "FACT" and "TRUTH"." and tell me that their quality isn’t crap.

Like I said "QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS is beneficial." YES my personal experience shapes my opinion but my experience is not the only reason why I and MANY other feel this way.

BTW the issues with my caddy, and my brothers POS ford doubles your list.
The interior feel and quality is better on the new cts-v than on our family's ml63amg. Mercedes is slacking on their newer vehicles and caddy is kicking it up a notch. The interior of the c63 is in no way superior. It looks like a base mercedes. Period. My fiance's lexus is250 has a nicer interior.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM

09' C63 AMG
Did I even mention the word interior? or even compare interiors? Your missing the point… on the C63 you pay for the engine not so much the interior which is the reason for the price being so low when other 63’s are +100k.

Lexus is known for their comfy interiors. My friend has an IS-F the interior is very nice.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 PM

09' C63 AMG
Never seen inside of the ML63 so I dont know about that at all.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 PM

so if you're stating that the interiors are practically on par. And the engine performance is equal if not better. Than basically you're paying for the badge name.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
DaGS1800, you seem to be "stuck" with a bad past experience coloring your overall impression of domestic marques' current offerings - which, as your opinion, is also your entitlement. IMHO, the new Z06, ZR1, and CTS-V are fine automobiles that *almost* any enthusiast would be proud to own. FWIW, I'd also lump the new Viper (esp. the ACR), GT500, Ford GT, and some SRT-8 examples in as well. Strictly from my own perspective, of course.

If the CTS-V was the exact same car as presently configured, but graced with the three-pointed star instead, I wonder which side of the fence the opinions would fall...?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by SeattleBum
The end of my video (3:30s) has my Kooks headers/Magnaflow exhaust setup. I used to scare the crap out of little old ladies on the sidewalks.

http://www.facebook.com/v/24417809674
Oh man,... nice vid Seattle. How do you guys do this stuff? I don't even know where to get started with a production like that. Anything beyond taking shots with my Touch Pro is outta reach for me. Nice exhaust note too! Props!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:01 PM

500 miles as of 5:35 p.m. today. WATCH OUT WORLD,... I'M ABOUT TO OPEN UP THESE EIGHT BUTTERFLIES LURKING UNDER THIS ROOTS BLOWER!

Last edited by ericpd; 03-18-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Originally Posted by Razorecko
so if you're stating that the interiors are practically on par. And the engine performance is equal if not better. Than basically you're paying for the badge name.
BINGO!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by ericpd
500 miles as of 5:35 p.m. today. WATCH OUT WORLD,... I'M ABOUT TO OPEN UP THESE EIGHT BUTTERFLIES LURKING UNDER THIS ROOTS BLOWER!
Your right to warn everybody, because nobody is going to here you in that very quite car......LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES as we have in our C63, pedestrians usually spot us a mile away, in your case that doesnt happen, sorry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts: C63 vs CTS-V