Who gets "phantom" command knob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Who gets "phantom" command knob

when you drive your other cars. I'm totally addicted to the command knob. At first I thought I'd hate it but I find I keep my arm on the arm rest and use the knob for everything. I just wish they had a volume control next to the knob like on my parents S63.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Yeah, I keep expecting the COMAND knob to be the volume control as well.

Weird.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:22 AM

09' C63 AMG
Yeah I agree the knob is the way to go, I think the COMMAND set-up is cool but they have to fix the little problems with it like no phone book and no iPod info on the widescreen.

I am not so sure why people say the BMW iDrive is difficult... I've never owned one with that set-up but the idea of the knob seems very convenient to me...

When my brother came to visit me he says his 335i iDrive system is better than my benz’s COMMAND system. He also said the only thing better on the benz’s NAV is the harddrive capabilities to save music, and the memory card slot.
Does anyone know if this is true or is he’s just jealous that my car is so much hotter??
Old 03-21-2009, 12:48 AM

09 C63 steel grey
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
... his 335i .... He also said the only thing better on the [C63] benz’s .... he’s just jealous that my car is so much hotter??
Yeah, he's definitely got C63 envy - he loses all semblance of credibility right there.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
I'll try to be neutral since I got the C63 and my girl has a 130i M Package:

The iDrive is more instinctive than the COMAND. It's easier to figure out. The home menu provides acess to all the features directly, no need to enter sub-menus etc. The telephony is easier too (at least for iphone users). The iDrive imports the contacts from the iphone directly (automatically as you pair the bluetooth). It has got only one button, which is the command wheel itself (it does not have the enter/clear buttons as we do).

The COMAND is more complete. The LINGUATRONIC feature is much better; we got the phone pad to dial faster and we have the small HD (Music Register) which is pretty cool too. Our GPS is more complete too (at least my version, compared to hers).

Keep in mind that the software may be different for car models. I'm comparing a 1 series to a C63 amg. It's not a fair comparison from the beginning. It would be better to compair to the M3's iDrive, but I don't know it.