Sponsored by:

Music Register - COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM
VDJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C350
seems like a software bug to me. i mean, if it is related to copyright protecction and other restrictions, why would they allow copying from the .CDA format to HDD. i will try and ask the dealer at my Service A to see if they have any workarounds or updates to the software.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by VDJ
seems like a software bug to me. i mean, if it is related to copyright protecction and other restrictions, why would they allow copying from the .CDA format to HDD. i will try and ask the dealer at my Service A to see if they have any workarounds or updates to the software.
It does seem odd. I just checked again, and most of the songs I've loaded onto my Music Register were originally saved in the MP3 format and there have been no problems doing that. The artist, album, and track names are all there.

Does iTunes automatically convert the MP3 files to another format as it burns the CD? I don't have the CDs with me right at this moment.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
VDJ

Mercedes C350
i have iTunes as well which i use for my iPhone music but not sure what you mean by iTunes automatically convert the MP3 files to another format as it burns the CD. i would assume you would still need to go through the long process of burning a CD which holds max 12-15 songs in the format the mercedes allows you to transfer to the HDD. i was looking at a solution which would allow me to burn atleast a couple of hundred MP3's at a time using a MP3 CD to the mercedes HDD. is this what's working for you or do you have to go through this process with 12-15 songs on a CD at a time while transferring music to the HDD?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by VDJ
i have iTunes as well which i use for my iPhone music but not sure what you mean by iTunes automatically convert the MP3 files to another format as it burns the CD. i would assume you would still need to go through the long process of burning a CD which holds max 12-15 songs in the format the mercedes allows you to transfer to the HDD. i was looking at a solution which would allow me to burn atleast a couple of hundred MP3's at a time using a MP3 CD to the mercedes HDD. is this what's working for you or do you have to go through this process with 12-15 songs on a CD at a time while transferring music to the HDD?
What I do is I store my music on my computer's hard drive. Some of them are MP3s, some of them are CD-As, I don't think I have any in .wav format. But anyway, I move the songs into iTunes as necessary, and when I want to burn a CD or a DVD, I'll just arrange the songs into a playlist and make the CD (or DVD) from that playlist. I wasn't sure if iTunes is converting the music files from their original format into another format during the burn process. Obviously, the DVD will allow for more than the 12 to 15 tracks to be stored onto the one disc.

Whether it's a CD or a DVD, the tracks are then saved onto my Music Register via the procedure I mentioned in the previous page and, so far, there's been no problems with this.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
I believe iTunes converts to AAC.

I gave up and just use DVDs or the Flash drive with 12gigs on it.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM

M35
I have a 2009 SL63. Music Register does not give the "copy" option if using normal factory audio CDs. So I went back to iTunes & burned a CD-RW in MP3 format. This time I could do the copy function. My problem concerns forlders. The COMAND manual says a new folder is automatically created with each new copy project. Mine doesn't do this. When I copied a 2nd MP3 CD into the Register it dumped the new batch into the "Root Folder" & merged the new songs with the original batch of songs. All I ever get is the Root Folder, and cannot create any new separate folders. Has anyone seen this & solved it for the 2009 series of COMAND?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM

C63 AMG
Seriously, the COMMAND on m7 08 C is one of the worst pieces of shi& of all time. So complicated to use and manage. So friggin complicated. The touch screen on my 09 300C SRT8 was by far so much more user friendly.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
Smile Use iPod Nano, solves problem 100%

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
What I do is I store my music on my computer's hard drive. Some of them are MP3s, some of them are CD-As, I don't think I have any in .wav format. But anyway, I move the songs into iTunes as necessary, and when I want to burn a CD or a DVD, I'll just arrange the songs into a playlist and make the CD (or DVD) from that playlist. I wasn't sure if iTunes is converting the music files from their original format into another format during the burn process. Obviously, the DVD will allow for more than the 12 to 15 tracks to be stored onto the one disc.

Whether it's a CD or a DVD, the tracks are then saved onto my Music Register via the procedure I mentioned in the previous page and, so far, there's been no problems with this.
I just have a 16gb iPod Nano 6th generation plugged into the 30 pin adaptor and it works perfectly. All song, album art, playlists. Perfect. I have one for 2010 C300 and my 2013 GLK. No messing with anything else. Unless you have more music than the size of the nano this works. You could always use an original iPod with the huge storage it has to get the same result.