Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dyno results have me happy but confused

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srt-6 Crossfire
Nice #'s. Your car might be a factory freak. If you can get ahold of some sunocco 104 or VP MS109, it is oxygented and will add some power even without a tune. They are also unleaded so no worries. The sunocco goes for $6 a gallon if I buy a 55 gallon drum, and will last over a year if you keep it sealed. You can also buy 5 gallon drums for about $40 if you just want to test it out. I pick mine up in TX, you'll have to find a dealer in your area.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:03 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Yeah, I got a 389 max hp on the same brand dyno with my Kleemann K2 tune, so your numbers sound very high. What weight did you use in the config?

However, I was not in dyno mode, and I hear that not being in dyno mode can rob up to 60-70 rwhp. Also, I was in manual mode and perhaps I should have been in S mode. I've done all my engine break-in after the tune in S mode, and rarely drive in M mode. So I'll be on the dyno again in a a couple of weeks.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 6.3CAMG
What do you guys think here in saudi we use 95 octan gas but on the cars gas cap it is written that i should use 98 octan do u think i should add octan booster??
Your 95 is our 91, your 98 is our 93.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Yeah, I got a 389 max hp on the same brand dyno with my Kleemann K2 tune, so your numbers sound very high. What weight did you use in the config?

However, I was not in dyno mode, and I hear that not being in dyno mode can rob up to 60-70 rwhp. Also, I was in manual mode and perhaps I should have been in S mode. I've done all my engine break-in after the tune in S mode, and rarely drive in M mode. So I'll be on the dyno again in a a couple of weeks.
The most I've ever seen dyno mode gain vs manual is 10rwhp.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Thanks, Andy.

So in other words, if Jeffield wasn't as good looking as he is, his car would have posted even lower numbers! Wow!

Oh, wait a sec, you mean the octane difference. Okay, so if he had put in 94 octane like I did, his numbers would have been closer if not identical to mine. But what would account for the fact that other stock C63s that have dynoed on that machine (at Miller Performance in Abbotsford, BC) also show numbers closer to Jeffield's rather than mine?

Jeffield's car is a few months older than mine, or perhaps I should say that he has more clicks on his odometer than I do on mine. I'm at about 7,200 kilometres right now.

Oh well, I'm not interested in having the most powerful C63 around. I just thought it would be good to get some insight from folks who are more experienced than I am about these things.
Correct, the numbers would have been closer to yours; though I can't say they would've been as high. Every car is different to an extent, maybe you have a Wednesday ride.

Jeffield's numbers sound about right for a C63 on 91 octane on a Mustang Dyno. I wouldn't worry if I was him.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Nice #'s. Your car might be a factory freak. If you can get ahold of some sunocco 104 or VP MS109, it is oxygented and will add some power even without a tune. They are also unleaded so no worries. The sunocco goes for $6 a gallon if I buy a 55 gallon drum, and will last over a year if you keep it sealed. You can also buy 5 gallon drums for about $40 if you just want to test it out. I pick mine up in TX, you'll have to find a dealer in your area.
Originally Posted by MHP
Correct, the numbers would have been closer to yours; though I can't say they would've been as high. Every car is different to an extent, maybe you have a Wednesday ride.

Jeffield's numbers sound about right for a C63 on 91 octane on a Mustang Dyno. I wouldn't worry if I was him.
Thanks, gentlemen!

Gosh, I've got this warm fuzzy feeling inside right now. LOL
Old 03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Finally got around to scanning the dyno sheet. Here it is!

402 whp (although the screen readout did say 403.5) on a stock C63.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Maybe this had something to do with it?

Originally Posted by Jeffield
didnt care

raped the break in rules

and BAM