C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian C63 owners - What is the residual on your lease?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Hey Morro, no bitterness here, but I do know how the members are going to react, so to be fair, I am cautiously letting you know, dont start this talk here, because there will definetely be a huge backlash and you will soon become ostersized as I have seen many a times here. DOnt want that happening to a fellow Canadian, especially one from "la belle province"
Old 04-02-2009, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Morro
I never said I was so happy. You guys said that.

Anyway, sorry about all the fuss. I didn't want to offend anyone but one guy started by saying that I shouldn't lease the car because I couldn't afford it. How the !@#$ does he know? That's why all this **** started.
I didn't know, I was guessing based on the information in the post.

Whenever I hear something to the effect, "If I put [$x] down (with x being a large number), my payments are only [$y] per month", I assume there is a cash flow issue. But that was not my main point.

My my point was that the C63 is not a lease friendly car, though your Canadian lease rates are much better than in the US I believe. You'd be better off (financially) taking a loan with a balloon payment, putting $15,000 down. This will likely have a lower cost of capital, keeps your payments at or near lease payments, save you money, and give you the flexibility to sell the car (during what would be the lease term) if necessary.

So I just wanted to clarify, and don't want to invoke any flaming. Enjoy your C63--it's been my favorite car.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MattAu
Well, generally, you might be right. However, I have been in situations where the lease rate was heavily subsidized (i.e. much lower than the finance rate) and the buy back was heavily supported (i.e. much higher than what I think the market value of the car will be at the end of the lease). In these cases, you are better off leasing the car since you are in effect borrowing at a lower rate than you could have had you finance it. It's really a case by case, and you would be surprised how often you get heavily subsidized lease rates and artifically high buyback. It happened to me with a Volvo and a Jaguar before.
Yup. Some leases are better than financing or paying cash for the car. I remember when the Cadillac Elante was not selling, and they had incredible lease deals such that the residual was much higher than the car was actually worth at lease end.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Cool So, are we cool?

Originally Posted by 1st amg
Hey Morro, no bitterness here, but I do know how the members are going to react, so to be fair, I am cautiously letting you know, dont start this talk here, because there will definetely be a huge backlash and you will soon become ostersized as I have seen many a times here. DOnt want that happening to a fellow Canadian, especially one from "la belle province"

Just want to be clear, I never let anyone know what I make but my buttons were pushed on this one. Anyway, thanks for your patience and understanding and hope we can all be friends.

Ciao!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM

C63 AMG audi r8 v10
im not lease the car im buying it out
my packages are
AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
CARBON FIBRE PACKAGE
and the PREmium package
these 3 packages are everything
well if u want 0 Down to lease i guess is 1000 CAD a month ( around there)
Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by anjay
im not lease the car im buying it out
my packages are
AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
CARBON FIBRE PACKAGE
and the PREmium package
these 3 packages are everything
well if u want 0 Down to lease i guess is 1000 CAD a month ( around there)
Actually, with 0 down its about $1500/mth tax in.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:25 PM

BMW 545i
Dude, I make 15k/month so I'm not really that worried.
How did I push your button when I am trying to say leasing might be worth it in some cases? I think you should be careful when you are quoting messages! You really should re-read post #14
Old 04-02-2009, 03:36 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by MattAu
How did I push your button when I am trying to say leasing might be worth it in some cases? I think you should be careful when you are quoting messages! You really should re-read post #14
This is what you said:

So my unsolicited recommendation is to either take a loan out on the car with $15K down, or don't get this car.

But hell, I've been there, done that, been stupid about leasing cars that I could not afford in the past. Sometimes it takes that painful experience to not repeat it.

I gathered you meant that I could not afford this car either from your comment.

Sorry if I misunderstood but that is a direct quote, I was careful!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM

2009 C63 AMG
This is what you said:

So my unsolicited recommendation is to either take a loan out on the car with $15K down, or don't get this car.

But hell, I've been there, done that, been stupid about leasing cars that I could not afford in the past. Sometimes it takes that painful experience to not repeat it.

LOL
Old 04-02-2009, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Just want to be clear, I never let anyone know what I make but my buttons were pushed on this one. Anyway, thanks for your patience and understanding and hope we can all be friends.

Ciao!
Absolutely, we are not far from each other and I travel to MTL quite a bit on weekends, so maybe we'll meet up sometime. Are you italian?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Sure. Just to let you know, I only get my car in June.

Yes, I am Italian.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM

BMW 545i
This is what you said:

Can you even read? It was not even me who wrote that! You got to get your eyes checked DUDE!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:38 PM

BMW 545i
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
LOL
So what are you laughing at!?! LOL...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Ram 1500
I just visited the MB canadian site and plugged in a $15,000 down payment on a 12,000 km per year lease. I selected the premium package as an option plus the $800 paint option. The payment per month works out to $652.04. I've owned a successful business for the last 14 years and I know I can write a lot of it off. After busting my *** for years I want something hot. I've owned Camaro's, WRX's, Trucks and other $30,000 cars. I now want something that I deserve: a C63.

Everyone be cool! Because some of the bickering and hating going on reminds me of the white trash I've had to deal with on some of the Camaro boards I belong to.

I'm less than 2 years away from buying this car, so I'm doing my research now!

Peace!