Sponsored by:

Who hates us the most? ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
The rest of the forum hates you guys for stupid threads like this, actually.

But I'm on board with the BMW drivers comments. 90% are d!cks.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Curious, for a car whose owners are claiming would trounce the C63, at a price that would make it the performance car bargain of the decade, why does no one buy them?

Even the dealerships don't stock them they're that hard to sell. I can only surmise they're not very good cars and no one wants them.

Puzzling.
LOL! Just pushing buttons guys. I'm surprised you're letting me do that. No hate intended. While not a 63, I too am a C-Class AMG owner,... loved every M3 eating moment of it. No need to question my loyalty. I also am having a whole lotta fun with this CTS-V of mine. Best of both worlds you might say!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by 1st amg
My neighbour with a M3 shows displeasure every time I downshift from 2nd to 1st in front of his house, I think it rattles his windows.
LOL! Nice!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mthis
i think that the vette owner hate us a lil alot, everytime there is a c6 next to me they try to race me and when i abuse them they dont even look at me, oh yea i also had a run in with a c6 z06 and the guy was pisssssssed he could not pass, (i have DR's i was out he was spinning)
Careful,... make damn certain there's not a ZR1 lurking and hiding in that pack of 6's and 06's! That 'Abuse Needle' would definitely do a wicked 180 on you,... quick time.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:43 PM

i drive an ///M6
.. I hear GTO driver are thebiggest prix...lol
Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by ericpd
LOL! Just pushing buttons guys. I'm surprised you're letting me do that. No hate intended. While not a 63, I too am a C-Class AMG owner,... loved every M3 eating moment of it. No need to question my loyalty. I also am having a whole lotta fun with this CTS-V of mine. Best of both worlds you might say!
No buttons pushed. I'm genuinely trying to figure out why so few people buy the CTS-V. I've been going to various Cadillac dealerships in town to try to get a closer look at one; nobody has one in stock. And while C63s are become more and more commonplace out here, I have not seen a single CTS-V at all.

I don't understand it.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Because its a GM. Come on!!! You can't compare an American car to a German one. Now, before you get all worked up, I'm only talking about cars, don't get all patriotic on me.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

Thats funny lots of BMW hate..
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
i hate you guys for driving such bad@ss cars!!

one day.... one day....
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by jonmartin
Thats funny lots of BMW hate..
I always loved BMW. Pretty much lusted for an E46 M3. Then they took a different design direction and I've never warmed up to them since.

Never thought I'd be driving MB.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
but '09 CTS-V owners just love C63 owners. Just love 'em to death!
Is it because we SOUND and LOOK sexier?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM

C32 AMG
Common guys...

theres no hating going on!

I had a C32 and traded in for 335i...just trying a bmw for the first time.

I have to say that C63 is amazing! i believe people are just jealous of the AMG!!!

haha since i know how that feels...
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
The pseudo environmentalists that blame "climate change" on people who drive our cars hate us the most. Either us or the economic crisis for taking the wind out of their environmental crusade that is mostly a cover up for higher taxes and fees of all sorts.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 PM

No buttons pushed. I'm genuinely trying to figure out why so few people buy the CTS-V. I've been going to various Cadillac dealerships in town to try to get a closer look at one; nobody has one in stock. And while C63s are become more and more commonplace out here, I have not seen a single CTS-V at all.

I don't understand it.
Well at least I'm glad you took the jab in good fun. Actually, I'm not mad that so few are on the street,... call it 'poor man's exclusivity'. Not commonplace as you put it. Works for me! Since taking delivery on mine, I've seen maybe 3 or 4. Lot's of non-V's though. I now realize I was lucky. Mine was sitting in the dealer's lot,... totally unspoken for and exactly what I wanted. Black Raven, Manual trans, Riccaro seats and UltraView roof.

True, they are rare, but that more than likely will change depending on the success of GM. Still, you've prolly seen one and just didn't realize it. Well,... maybe in the form of a blur!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by soldier2304
Is it because we SOUND and LOOK sexier?

Yeah, that too,... I must admit! The C63 is a sexy car, especially from the front. And the sound (exhaust note), well there's no contest! Although, when the C63 was first released, the rear angle gave me the impression the car was,... how should I put it,... missing a chromosome. But it too has grown on me.

Last edited by ericpd; 04-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Morro
Because its a GM. Come on!!! You can't compare an American car to a German one. Now, before you get all worked up, I'm only talking about cars, don't get all patriotic on me.
+1

LOL

I’ve had some serious run-in's with two different RS4's.... And gave em both a spanking

But BMW owners are def are biggest competitors, bunch of jacka$$'s if you ask me... haha j/k (I love bimmers)
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by DaGS1800
+1

LOL

I’ve had some serious run-in's with two different RS4's.... And gave em both a spanking

But BMW owners are def are biggest competitors, bunch of jacka$$'s if you ask me... haha j/k (I love bimmers)
Saying nothing,... hell I've spanked an RS4 or two with my C32. And all it had was a pulley kit and an LSD! But spanking isn't the issue here.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Well at least I'm glad you took the jab in good fun. Actually, I'm not mad that so few are on the street,... call it 'poor man's exclusivity'. Not commonplace as you put it. Works for me! Since taking delivery on mine, I've seen maybe 3 or 4. Lot's of non-V's though. I now realize I was lucky. Mine was sitting in the dealer's lot,... totally unspoken for and exactly what I wanted. Black Raven, Manual trans, Riccaro seats and UltraView roof.

True, they are rare, but that more than likely will change depending on the success of GM. Still, you've prolly seen one and just didn't realize it. Well,... maybe in the form of a blur!
But do you have any hypothesis as to why the car is so rare? I mean, it's not by any means an expensive car, at least not to the point that it would be prohibitive to car buyers looking for a serious sports sedan. I'm sure pretty much anybody who purchased a C63 AMG, an M3, IS F, or RS4, could just as easily have opted for the CTS-V, and yet very few (if any) have done so in spite of the purported superiority of the Cadillac (in terms of performance).

And here's another question, given the world-beating performance that the CTS-V is supposed to have, and the fact that you and that other board member who bought one continually remind us of said superiority, why doesn't (or can't) Cadillac charge more for it? You'd expect that something that's better, faster, superior in every way, etc., would tend to equate to pricier too, no?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Careful,... make damn certain there's not a ZR1 lurking and hiding in that pack of 6's and 06's! That 'Abuse Needle' would definitely do a wicked 180 on you,... quick time.
if that guy in the z06 knew how to drive the needle would of went 180 on me, trust me i know, i drove a c6 z06 before and they no joke,
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 AM

But do you have any hypothesis as to why the car is so rare? I mean, it's not by any means an expensive car, at least not to the point that it would be prohibitive to car buyers looking for a serious sports sedan. I'm sure pretty much anybody who purchased a C63 AMG, an M3, IS F, or RS4, could just as easily have opted for the CTS-V, and yet very few (if any) have done so in spite of the purported superiority of the Cadillac (in terms of performance).
I would say it's basically three major reasons. One,... the economy. Nobody is buying anything in great numbers right about now, be they MB's, BMW's, Audi, Lexus or Cadillac. Got a feeling the worm will soon turn as far as that's concerned though. Two,... the 09 CTS-V is a very new car, basically making it's debut in the midst of all this economic crap. It's also a very much different car from it's older siblings. The 09 V is as much different from earlier V's as say a C63 is to a C55. Yeah I know, there's a major skin change between the C55 and the C63, and very little skin change with the V. But under that skin,... big changes! So folks are still making initial buying decisions on pre 09 V's, and therefore rarely give it a look. That too is changing though. Three,... Cadillac and GM are still humpin' an up hill battle with reputation,... make no mistake about that. Trust is a big problem! However, GM woke up when they put the 09's together. The 09 V is much more than just a normal CTS with a big engine and fat tires,... something GM is known for. Like the C-Class, the front end on the V is different from standard CTS front ends. Body and chassis bracing is beefed up for rigidity over the standard CTS,... an example of this is the lost of the folding rear seat option in the V. The extra bracing plugged the hole to the trunk,... so what's the point? There are others.

So even though it's cheaper than the other Super Saloons, it's recent birth, it's untimely birth, and the parents it was born to, together I believe is a major reason why there are so few on the road. Let's face it, folks who would opt for a V are guys like us. Enthusiast who are aware enough to look below and beyond body lines and styling (sometimes) and pretty much understand what we see. This saves us from being guided by reputation ONLY,... we still consider it, but that factor is joined by a lot of other factors as well. Trouble is, most of us haven't even had wheel time with this demon yet,... because it's so new and because GM is in a drunken stupor right now.

And here's another question, given the world-beating performance that the CTS-V is supposed to have, and the fact that you and that other board member who bought one continually remind us of said superiority, why doesn't (or can't) Cadillac charge more for it? You'd expect that something that's better, faster, superior in every way, etc., would tend to equate to pricier too, no?
Suppose to have,... the whole rag writing industry has confirmed that. No need to re-convene Congress with hash that one out. But why don't they charge more? Well that's a question I thought you would already have the answer to. It's not why is the V cheap, it's more like why are the C so expensive. The answer: Import and Prestige Premiums. In Germany, MB's cost about as much as our Buicks and Cadillacs. They're all over the place there. Hell they even use MB's for taxis and Police Cruisers over there. But that's a good thing,... I was able to take my C32 off Craigslist and keep it. So now, I have a young stable and performance cars,... like that rest of you guys. Ok, it's only two, hey but that's a start. Right? LOL! So no,... in this case price doesn't absolutely have to equate to superiority. And wait,... I ain't saying the V is superior either, so don't start on me. Almost let you lead me into that one. Almost. But it is faster and maybe a notch or two more nimble. The 'Jury' came out on that one a while back.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I don't know...I see Bentleys, AMGs, Ferraris, M3s and M5s, R8s, Astons everywhere, but not a single CTS-V anywhere. The C63, in particular, seems to have really struck a chord with sports sedan buyers and their numbers continue to proliferate. You'd be hard pressed to tell there's any kind of a recession going on in this part of the world. And yet the Cadillac continues to be conspicuous by its absence. I guess that's great for the few people who actually bought the car as you'll probably only see another one once in a blue moon. But it seems to me that all the praise heaped upon the CTS-V by the magazine hacks have fallen on deaf ears.

Could it be that the car-buying public knows something the journalists don't?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
+1
Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I don't know...I see Bentleys, AMGs, Ferraris, M3s and M5s, R8s, Astons everywhere, but not a single CTS-V anywhere. The C63, in particular, seems to have really struck a chord with sports sedan buyers and their numbers continue to proliferate. You'd be hard pressed to tell there's any kind of a recession going on in this part of the world. And yet the Cadillac continues to be conspicuous by its absence. I guess that's great for the few people who actually bought the car as you'll probably only see another one once in a blue moon. But it seems to me that all the praise heaped upon the CTS-V by the magazine hacks have fallen on deaf ears.

I live in NJ, the home of the Cadillac, and I have yet to see a single CTS-V.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:09 AM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)

My local Caddy dealer just got the CTS-V onto the lot this past February, so it has only been available for the past 2-3 months.
Around me, I've only seen 2 M3's, 2 C63's, 1 other M5. And these have been out much longer.
On the other hand, I've seen S550's around like they're water.
I think you'll never see a proliferation of CTS-V's, as evidenced by the M3's and C63's. Just because they're not readily seen doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad cars.
Give it some time (a year or so), and I believe you'll start to see CTS-V's in equal numbers to the M3's and C63's.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM

C63

I don't understand it.
no doubt, it has the best performance in its price range.

however, i think low sale volume of CTS-V is due to its brand image. CTS-V's target customers are 20s,30s. these are the people view caddy as quote "nice car - but people over 75 shouldnt drive that fast!!" http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...06&postcount=6

I dont like CTS-V's look, i think the front looks aggressive, but the *** is just like other regular CTS. By looking at CTS-V's interior pic, I thought the interior would be superior than our C63 until i went to a caddy dealer and test drove one. The interior is too shiny for me, materials and fabrics feel and look cheap(except the seat and steering wheel if the car is fully loaded). i would prefer my c63 interior anytime than CTS-V. again, its just my personally opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who hates us the most? ;)