Who hates us the most? ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by shchow
My local Caddy dealer just got the CTS-V onto the lot this past February, so it has only been available for the past 2-3 months.
Around me, I've only seen 2 M3's, 2 C63's, 1 other M5. And these have been out much longer.
On the other hand, I've seen S550's around like they're water.
I think you'll never see a proliferation of CTS-V's, as evidenced by the M3's and C63's. Just because they're not readily seen doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad cars.
Give it some time (a year or so), and I believe you'll start to see CTS-V's in equal numbers to the M3's and C63's.
Equal numbers...hmm...does that even do justice to a car (the CTS-V) that's vastly superior performance-wise and priced so attractively? If anything, there should be more of them than M3s and C63s, etc.

Somehow, I suspect that isn't going to happen. I wonder why...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM

C63
elder people complain the ride is too stiff, so dealer had to change its suspension and make it ride like a boat... i dont know if its a fact, but thats what i heard...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:31 PM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I don't know...I see Bentleys, AMGs, Ferraris, M3s and M5s, R8s, Astons everywhere, but not a single CTS-V anywhere. The C63, in particular, seems to have really struck a chord with sports sedan buyers and their numbers continue to proliferate. You'd be hard pressed to tell there's any kind of a recession going on in this part of the world. And yet the Cadillac continues to be conspicuous by its absence. I guess that's great for the few people who actually bought the car as you'll probably only see another one once in a blue moon. But it seems to me that all the praise heaped upon the CTS-V by the magazine hacks have fallen on deaf ears.
Well in my neighborhood (Balto/DC metro area) I see maybe 2 or 3 different Bently's. I stress 'different' because I see same 2 or 3 all the time,... over and over and over again. AMG's are almost like Chevrolet's,... they're all over the place. BMW M's are way less common and to find a Super Audi or Lexus you have to organize a Safari. And most of these cars were purchased before our recession really hit home so to speak. I am seeing a large gaggle of Super Euro cars in the Exotic lots these days, which only confirms a repo spike. I think in your non-objective approach is refusing to allow you to consider that the 09 V hasn't been out long enough to be in every driveway. Hang on to that denial if it makes your argument and leaves you feeling good, but the fact is,... it's simply too new to be on the streets in the numbers you seek. But once again,... numbers on the street has little to do with the quality and capabilities of a car, especially the type of cars that tickle our fancy. Now if you're talking Civic's and Accord's,... well you may have a point.

And yeah,... like a said I don't mind at all. Let's be honest, one of the things that makes cats like us feel good is having stuff ain't nobody else got. Sounds senical, but that's part of the deal. Right? And while we may not want to be the "ONLY" one, we do work hard to be a card carrying member of "The Proud and The Few". So you're right, I don't mind at all basking in that fraternity for a year or so. Hell, when things change and every Tom, Dick and Harry has an 09 V,... I might lose the Proud and Few feeling and rush out to trade it in for something else. Who knows?

Could it be that the car-buying public knows something the journalists don't?
Could be. It could also be that the buying public is operating off of old news and stale data. Give'em time to replace that old data with the more up to data the journalists are sitting on now. It could be a slow process or it could be rather quick, but trust me, the buying public will eventually slide from old to current. Like sliding from our Neanderthal past to current homo events. I guess I'm a part of the slide in a way. Hell, when I made the decision to jump into a new ride, the CTS-V wasn't anywhere near my brain. Frankly,... I didn't even know the damn thing existed. Had not the owner of the MB dealership I was shopping also owned a Chevrolet/Cadillac dealership right next door, I'd be in a C63 as we speak. Oh don't get me wrong, I promptly and repeatedly rejected any notion of a Caddy as I was being stalked by the GM salesperson. If not paying attention, wondereding to close to the borders of the MB lot, could land you in the midst of various Cadillacs and other GM products. Once in this no-man's land, the GM reps would attack and consume you. I caved. But after driving it, it was hard,... very hard not to start rubbing my chin between my thumb and index finger and making funny Doctor noises. Real hard. I was amazed at how the brand had matured, not to mention the performance factor. I was equally amazed at how well the V matched up against the C63, both in the rags as well as with my hands on the wheel and feet on the pedals. And I mean 'complete' performance,... not just performance from here to over there, which hishtorically is the only thing the American brands were known to be able to accomplish, save maybe the Corvette. Hell,... I learned even the Corvette has even matured with their ZR1 being the bang-for-dollar Super Car Champ. Are there better, faster, more exotic Super Cars out there? Of course there are. But not for the dollar. So I made the slide, not because I so well informed or a great seeker of knowledge, but because I happened to stumble across a fire breathing Caddy. Again, something I did not know even existed. I got a feeling other enthusiast may make the slide in short or long order. I tell you what, if Caddy follows through on the Coupe,... it's all over. I've seen some renderings of that trim, and if you've searchin' for a chance to use the word 'sexy' when describing a car,... well there you go. And I've read that to save money, GM might be 86'ing their LSA, which has only found two homes, the V here in the U.S. and the something or other from Australia, replacing it with the LS9 (prolly severly de-tuned like the C63's 6.2). If that happens,... well that's that then!

Last edited by ericpd; 04-21-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:40 PM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by wuyichao
elder people complain the ride is too stiff, so dealer had to change its suspension and make it ride like a boat... i dont know if its a fact, but thats what i heard...
Heard what,... that the V rides like a boat? If so,... Rubbish! No, it's not an overly stiff ride,... like the C63 with the PP, but it ain't a boat or a ride anywhere near what Americans and specifically Caddy has been known for. Hey man, you can't set the production saloon record at the ring listing and gyrating like a boat. I don't care what kind of power plant you're sporting under the hood. The Magnetic Ride control system (MRC) is the primary reason the car is so stable and numble, without eroding your tail bone in the process. This is the same MRC system that contributes to the ZR1 being so well planted and behaved BTW. Unlike other goodies inherited from the ZR1, like the V's LSA engine, there's no monkying around with or detuning the MRC. They're identical, save for new algorythms for vehicle weight, wheel size and track, weight distribution, wheelbase length,... stuff like that.

Last edited by ericpd; 04-21-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:50 PM

2009 C63 AMG
OMG...the original CTS-V thread has mutated and its infectious journey has just begun.

Last edited by taylorcoleman; 04-21-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
Saying nothing,... hell I've spanked an RS4 or two with my C32. And all it had was a pulley kit and an LSD! But spanking isn't the issue here.
OK now your just talking a bunch of garbage... The RS4 def beats a C32 on paper, Maaaybe if you had a C55 I would believe that statement, but I’m afraid I have to tell you that you are full of shiat
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 PM

09' C63 AMG
I’m not even going to get into the CTS-V again... There is a reason no one buys em... nuff said, people aren’t stupid.... well some people.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
OMG...the original CTS-V thread has muted and its infectious journey has just begun.
That's another thing I'm somewhat puzzled about. Why is there a thread that discusses nothing but the Cadillac CTS-V in the C63 forum? It's really only got posts by two people who drive the CTS-V, and not a C63. It's very strange.

Maybe the mods should move that to the C32 forum. At least that guy has one of those.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 PM

C63
Originally Posted by ericpd
Heard what,... that the V rides like a boat? If so,... Rubbish! No, it's not an overly stiff ride,... like the C63 with the PP, but it ain't a boat or a ride anywhere near what Americans and specifically Caddy has been known for. Hey man, you can't set the production saloon record at the ring listing and gyrating like a boat. I don't care what kind of power plant you're sporting under the hood. The Magnetic Ride control system (MRC) is the primary reason the car is so stable and numble, without eroding your tail bone in the process. This is the same MRC system that contributes to the ZR1 being so well planted and behaved BTW. Unlike other goodies inherited from the ZR1, like the V's LSA engine, there's no monkying around with or detuning the MRC. They're identical, save for new algorythms for vehicle weight, wheel size and track, weight distribution, wheelbase length,... stuff like that.
uhhhh... you might be too sensitive to your V car. I am saying some older caddy customers dont like the ride quality in CTS-V, so dealer had to CHANGE its suspension to satisfy their customers.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 PM

C63
the only reason he's here, not in his C32 sub forum is he wants to justify his CTS-V purchase over C63, nothing else.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
the only reason he's here, not in his C32 sub forum is he wants to justify his CTS-V purchase over C63, nothing else.
Are you serious? I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a CTS-V discussion forum (how many users can there be, five or six?), but if there were one, I doubt very much there would be C63 and M5 owners on there trying to justify and/or validate their purchase decision. Or maybe he's here to lord it over the C63 drivers? Nah, only very insecure people do that sort of thing.

Oh well, let's not pass judgement on people, regardless of how ridiculous their behaviour is.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I think there is nothing wrong with a new CTS-V. Really what does the C63 have that the CTS-V doesn't? A Mercedes badge?

Forced induction motors like the new CTS-V will be much more capable of making big power numbers. Thats were the C63 has its limits. Both C63 and CTS-V have de-tuned motors, Only thing is the CTS-V is detuned from the ZR1 Vette. They have the potential to make 700+ crank HP on pump gas with some tuning. Thats something the 63AMG motor wont do.. I say that because the 63's wont get wide aftermarket support like you know the CTS-V will.

I would fear a new CTS-V on the streets even with my supercharged C55 or just about any 63 or 55 for that matter. It wont be long before the new CTS-V is running 10's and getting booted from the local drag strip. The C63 will need a shot of nitrous to do what the CTS-V can do on pump gas. Give them a bit of time for people to snag them up you will see some amazing number coming from them.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:54 PM

C63
Are you serious? I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a CTS-V discussion forum (how many users can there be, five or six?), but if there were one, I doubt very much there would be C63 and M5 owners on there trying to justify and/or validate their purchase decision. Or maybe he's here to lord it over the C63 drivers? Nah, only very insecure people do that sort of thing.

Oh well, let's not pass judgement on people, regardless of how ridiculous their behaviour is.

We will see.

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I think there is nothing wrong with a new CTS-V. Really what does the C63 have that the CTS-V doesn't? A Mercedes badge?
no doubt, the CTS-V is a performer, a superior one than C63, E9x M3, M5, RS4 etc... AND there is nothing wrong with a CTS-V. I absolutely envy its performance. and yes, it has great tuning potential since its a F/I.
Whats the difference between a C63 and a CTS-V other than the badge?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63

We will see.

no doubt, the CTS-V is a performer, a superior one than C63, E9x M3, M5, RS4 etc... AND there is nothing wrong with a CTS-V. I absolutely envy its performance. and yes, it has great tuning potential since its a F/I.
Whats the difference between a C63 and a CTS-V other than the badge?
What sucks about the CTS-V is the knuckle heads that will be driving them. I say that speaking about some friends I have in Boston (My home town) that will get one and have know idea why that car even exists.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:12 AM

'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Originally Posted by vmspionage
IS-F owners?
Why you gotta be like that?

Not sure why we'd hate on C63 owners?....I actually like a few of you.

Btw....crossed over to the dark side and bought a Benz today....although it is only an SUV.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 AM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Cool The badge plus its an American car!

Originally Posted by hooleyboy

Forced induction motors like the new CTS-V will be much more capable of making big power numbers. Thats were the C63 has its limits. Both C63 and CTS-V have de-tuned motors, Only thing is the CTS-V is detuned from the ZR1 Vette. They have the potential to make 700+ crank HP on pump gas with some tuning. Thats something the 63AMG motor wont do.. I say that because the 63's wont get wide aftermarket support like you know the CTS-V will.

I would fear a new CTS-V on the streets even with my supercharged C55 or just about any 63 or 55 for that matter. It wont be long before the new CTS-V is running 10's and getting booted from the local drag strip. The C63 will need a shot of nitrous to do what the CTS-V can do on pump gas. Give them a bit of time for people to snag them up you will see some amazing number coming from them.
You can't get away from the fact that its a GM. There is a mile of difference between GM, Ford, Chrysler and all the German and even Japanese cars. Its been a fact for over 50 years that American cars suck compared to German and Jap cars. So they shoved a huge engine in a CTS to make a big statement. In a few years it'll be a worthless piece of junk, rattling all over the place. KEEP DREAMING GM, you're not even close!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 AM

i drive an ///M6
Originally Posted by Morro
You can't get away from the fact that its a GM. There is a mile of difference between GM, Ford, Chrysler and all the German and even Japanese cars. Its been a fact for over 50 years that American cars suck compared to German and Jap cars. So they shoved a huge engine in a CTS to make a big statement. In a few years it'll be a worthless piece of junk, rattling all over the place. KEEP DREAMING GM, you're not even close!!!!!
+1.... on MOST GM/ domestic cars..... American muscle WAS good for only 1 thing... the strip.... some newer GM cars are much much better tho, and have closed the gap considerably... example.. my '06 GTO is very comparable fit and finish and handling -wise to my prev '01 CLK55 AMG....which i know --was 5yrs older.... the new G8 and 04-06 GTO's were/ are a huge step up for GM (although they technically are imports, <i.e. holden Australia> too), compared to their model line up.... but the CTS-V and new 'vettes are def on the right track... it will take alot of time, but they are def moving in the right direction finally.... hopefully, GM makes it thru to see this materialize....
Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Why you gotta be like that?

Not sure why we'd hate on C63 owners?....I actually like a few of you.

Btw....crossed over to the dark side and bought a Benz today....although it is only an SUV.
search for user 8speed
Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
I have not driven or seen a CTS-V (new model) but I have to say that from what I have read it sounds as if GM has woken up and started to produce cars people would want with better quality. With that being said, I think GM has a long way to go to win back the trust of many people due to it’s recent history of poorer quality and lack luster offerings across their lines.
The CTS-V would be the 1st GM brand auto (other then a Vet) that I could entertain as a purchase based on what I have read and seen regarding it’s performance; but would be leery of possible QC issues and would never be able to justify paying much over invoice for any GM car regardless if it is a CTS-V or not.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by soldier2304
Srry to say this, but BMW owners are the biggest douche bags ever. At least down here in miami, they actually think their in the "ultimate driving machine"
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by DarrenCT
+1.... on MOST GM/ domestic cars..... American muscle WAS good for only 1 thing... the strip.... some newer GM cars are much much better tho, and have closed the gap considerably... example.. my '06 GTO is very comparable fit and finish and handling -wise to my prev '01 CLK55 AMG....which i know --was 5yrs older.... the new G8 and 04-06 GTO's were/ are a huge step up for GM (although they technically are imports, <i.e. holden Australia> too), compared to their model line up.... but the CTS-V and new 'vettes are def on the right track... it will take alot of time, but they are def moving in the right direction finally.... hopefully, GM makes it thru to see this materialize....
I'm sorry but GTO's have more chassis flex than a twizzler, and the stock suspension is unbelievably soft. I don't even need to get into how bad the interior looks. They took a Holden Monaro, clipped its nuts, and rebadged it.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 PM

i drive an ///M6
uh oh, gonna "hate" on my GTO now, huh..lol.....
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I'm sorry but GTO's have more chassis flex than a twizzler,(true, that's why I compared it to my prev 208clk55) and the stock suspension is unbelievably soft.(same as above) I don't even need to get into how bad the interior looks.(not nice, now,there, jonnie...I like it, that's what matters.) They took a Holden Monaro, clipped its nuts, and rebadged it.
(that is a funny one......same can be said for the visual diff between e39 and e60m5's as well...which is the popular "pre-bangle" opinion....

back 2 topic...point is/ was, that GM has started to make some really nicer autos....hopefully it's just not too late...
let's face it, too, with the cost of maintaining a euro car of any brand, that alone pools all of them closer in comparison...
yeah, i owned a few german autos... speaking from experience...

thanks for playin... ;^)

Last edited by DarrenCT; 04-22-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 PM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Cool

Originally Posted by DarrenCT
uh oh, gonna "hate" on my GTO now, huh..lol..... (that is a funny one......same can be said for the visual diff between e39 and e60m5's as well...which is the popular "pre-bangle" opinion....

back 2 topic...point is/ was, that GM has started to make some really nicer autos....hopefully it's just not too late...
let's face it, too, with the cost of maintaining a euro car of any brand, that alone pools all of them closer in comparison...
yeah, i owned a few german autos... speaking from experience...

thanks for playin... ;^)
Like I always say..."You get what you pay for"...!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:41 PM

i drive an ///M6
Originally Posted by Morro
Like I always say..."You get what you pay for"...!
i must have gotten it all before cuz between that *** CL500 and Audi A6 4.2, i paid .....ALOT....
Old 04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
You know, this ^ sort of banter I can understand and certainly appreciate, but when it's some kind of mutual admiration society between two people who have absolutely nothing to say that's relevant to the forum that they're on, then it becomes just a little bit weird.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who hates us the most? ;)