Some quick questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Some quick questions

I took delivery of my C63 today and not sure if it was there and I just didn't notice it, but is the passenger airbag off light always on if there's no one in the passengers seat?
Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
yes
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I got a speeding ticket last night, 2nd day with the beast. I have a clean record (no points) and never got a speeding ticket before. Think they'll offer me a higher fine and no points? Ticket states 74 in a 65.

EDIT: I've previously (years ago) taken the driving class to reduce points when I ran a stop sign. Not sure if they'll let me take this again should they not drop the points.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by drawde
I got a speeding ticket last night, 2nd day with the beast. I have a clean record (no points) and never got a speeding ticket before. Think they'll offer me a higher fine and no points? Ticket states 74 in a 65.

EDIT: I've previously (years ago) taken the driving class to reduce points when I ran a stop sign. Not sure if they'll let me take this again should they not drop the points.
LOL. Sorry, but I'm LOL.

Me too, but got 2 tickets in 2 weeks after having the car for less than 1 month.

My recommendation is to of course plead not guilty, and when you face the judge, don't contest you were speeding, rather, pleaed for lieniency and ask for the ticket to be reduced to 5 miles over. In PA at least, that's a no point ticket, but it should still show up on your record. If you feel brave, ask for it to be dismissed altogether.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
LOL. Sorry, but I'm LOL.

Me too, but got 2 tickets in 2 weeks after having the car for less than 1 month.

My recommendation is to of course plead not guilty, and when you face the judge, don't contest you were speeding, rather, pleaed for lieniency and ask for the ticket to be reduced to 5 miles over. In PA at least, that's a no point ticket, but it should still show up on your record. If you feel brave, ask for it to be dismissed altogether.
I've been in a situation before where the prosecutor took me aside and talked to me before I saw the judge. If the prosecutor does not come to me, and I go directly to the judge, should I just tell them that I would like maybe a lesser charge and higher fine but no points?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by drawde

Hey Congrats on your first... Sorry One word of advise, down shift hard if you see/pass a LI (do not hit your brakes) and then pray he doesn't chase you down... works for me Along with my Quad Laser Interceptor / 9500ix Radar detector Never leave home without it